YesNoOk

Color Separated Database (Read 434728 times)

Started by XamΣeta, June 29, 2013, 04:56:31 pm
Share this topic:
Color Separated Database
#1  June 29, 2013, 04:56:31 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Ok, since I couldn't find one anywhere I am starting this so people can actually SEE what is already done and available out there.

I will post an example post so others can follow and add to this...

Spoiler: SNK Ash Crimson by Chazzanova (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS M.Bison / CPS-2 Dr. Doom, Felicia, & Guy by davismaximus (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Chun-Li, Joe, Ken, Kim, Kyo, Vice, Ryo & Rolento / CPS-2 Guile by Jmorphman (uncropped sprites with axis) (click to see content)

Spoiler: Kung Fu Man / CPS-2 Strider Hiryu, Psylocke & Wolverine / CVS Maki and Yamazaki by Moon Girard and others (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Iori, Mai, Haohmaru, Yoko, Rugal, God(Ultimate) Rugal, Dudley, Rock, Yun, Yang, & Hibiki / CPS-2 Sagat, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Juli, Dhalsim, Thanos, Hayoto, & Spiderman / CFJ Demitri by Froz (uncropped sprites with axis) (click to see content)

Spoiler: SNK Blue Mary by Goodaldo & JTP (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Rose (with FeLo_Llop), King, Eagle, Genjuro & Kula / CPS-2 Psylocke by Drex (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Rose by FeLo_Llop (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Yuri and Terry / CPS-2 Cyclops / Santatarus by JTP (click to see content)

Spoiler: CPS-2 Gen, Fei Long, Adon, DeeJay, Sodom, and Birdie/ CVS Ryu and Retsu by varo-hades (click to see content)

Spoiler: SNK 99' Athena and Yuri by Niitris (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Robert by DGO (click to see content)

Spoiler: CVS Sean, Takuma, and Mr. Karate / CPS-2 Juggernaut by Victorys (click to see content)

Spoiler: ROTD Lynn by SageHarpuiaJDJ (click to see content)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:25:50 am by Jmorphman
Re: Color Separated Database
#2  June 29, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  June 29, 2013, 05:43:59 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
YES! :2thumbsup: Keep them coming you fancy dandys. :P
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#4  June 29, 2013, 06:00:56 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If this thread can get a bit more organized, it might fit be able to be added into the spriter's resources thread.  I'd advise updating the first post with new packs that people post with spoilered previews/links to make things simpler.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#5  June 30, 2013, 12:24:31 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Kung Fu Man, Strider Hiryu, Maki, Psylocke and Wolverine by Girard (Goodaldo, Froz, Davismaximus as well in for Wolverine Atp323 as well for KFM & Psylocke) Link

Psylocke isn't up yet but she will be in the next day or so.
#6  June 30, 2013, 02:50:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
this is a great idea; I might contribute mine later, as some of those can be colour separated into full nudity, so I am not sure if they are fitting for the topic.
#7  June 30, 2013, 06:36:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

DW

#8  June 30, 2013, 04:31:14 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
My Sagat, Yuka, Mai, KFM, Jill, Skullomania, and(upcoming)Psylocke are all CS'd. One can get them all at TrinityMugen in my respective folder. Credit for said CS for each char goes as follows...

Sagat = Froz
Mai = Froz
Yuka = XCB/Big Eli King
KFM = Girard+ATP
Jill = Mr. Infinite
Skullomania = Sean Altly
Psylocke = Girard+ATP
Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:35:26 pm by DivineWolf
#9  June 30, 2013, 06:55:20 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#10  July 01, 2013, 11:14:17 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Excellent work fellas! It is most appreciated! :2thumbsup:

I will be updating/organizing the first post real soon with everything so far as per Hoshi's recommendation.
#11  July 01, 2013, 11:17:30 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#12  July 08, 2013, 05:29:09 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
First post updated. ...I need to know if you guys are down with this format. Feedback please.  :yes:

@maximilianjenus ...whatever is color separated, nudity or not, this is the place to keep record of it. ;)

@DivineWolf ....Can I kindly ask you to post the sprites of the characters like others have posted? KFM and Psylocke by Girard are up already and linked. Would I be asking too much if you posted an image of the rest you mentioned? ...and thanks!  ;)
Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:34:49 pm by MaxBeta
#13  July 10, 2013, 06:49:33 am
    • USA
First post updated. ...I need to know if you guys are down with this format. Feedback please.  :yes:
Guile should be "SFZA/MvC2/CvS Guile", I think, since he has sprites from all three of those games. Although attaching the CvS label might be a bit confusing cause people might expect an actual CvS Guile, but I think the image in the spoiler will clear that up.
#14  July 10, 2013, 05:40:32 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

^ I thought about this as well earlier....I should've gone with "CPS2 Guile" right off the bat, even though CVS and MVC2 aren't CPS2 games, the extended sprites from these games included in your Guile are still predominant of his CPS2 look.
#15  July 11, 2013, 11:51:42 pm
    • USA
^ I thought about this as well earlier....I should've gone with "CPS2 Guile" right off the bat, even though CVS and MVC2 aren't CPS2 games, the extended sprites from these games included in your Guile are still predominant of his CPS2 look.
But, but, those Guile sprites never even appeared in a CPS2 game!!!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#16  July 11, 2013, 11:52:24 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Or just Capcom Guile.
#17  July 12, 2013, 08:02:58 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
CPS2 games include SFII, SFA 1 - 3, MvC1, These sprites were fat. Later games like CvS2 (and MvC2 maybe?) I guess they had to make them skinnier for whatever reason. I thought they had just rescaled them in game. However, trying to resize the new sprites back to the CPS2 look, they looked rather stretched.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#18  July 12, 2013, 09:02:45 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
I have to say I agree somewhat with what you've stated N-Mario...but to my understanding CvS2 and MvC2 sprites that are expanded from their original CPS2 look were indeed scaled in those two games.

Its all a Native Aspect Ratio issue....CPS2 games and even Naomi console games both were built with 16:9 HD resolutions in mind and had a Widescreen Native Aspect Ratio...that explains the "fat" sprites. However all these games were played throughout the years mostly in 4:3 Aspect Monitors which is what arcade cabinets and home consoles normally had then.

Here's what Dreamcast MvC2 looks like when forced to 768 x 448
(which you could say is basically a hires ratio or double the size of CPS2's ratio 384 x 224)

...In any case I'm gonna go with MC Double's suggestion and call these type of sprites Capcom sprites, because it serves a more generalized spectrum.

Thanks MC Double. ;)
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:49:02 pm by MaxBeta
#19  July 14, 2013, 06:11:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
not exactly, you got most of the bases right but one little detail changes the meaning of what you said.

capcom's arcade monitors were wider, pixel ratio wise, but their physical size/proportion still made them 4:3, so the characters did not look fat, instead they looked more like a double res sprite width wise.
#20  July 17, 2013, 01:53:53 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
^ yes, because of the nature of the monitors in these arcades, the widescreen 16:9 ratio sprites would appear to be "elongated" when fit in standard fullscreen 4:3 ratio. I didn't directly write it but the information I posted certainly implied it. Thanks for clarifying it.