YesNoOk

CVTW Ermac Early release (Read 35296 times)

Started by SlenderMan, July 18, 2013, 09:59:45 am
Share this topic:
CVTW Ermac Early release
#1  July 18, 2013, 09:59:45 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
as you can see the topic name says Early release but I figured I'd get some feedback on the character since he's farther along than Reptile. almost everything is complete and there are some bugs here and there but nothing I can't fix. Ermac does NOT have his MK9 costume yet as I plan on releasing an alternate costume patch later on. I wanted to get his gameplay working first. later will come his MK9 costume. reiterated sprites for smoother animations with the telekinetic slam and other moves.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1mjt7y

The movelist and credits are located in the file. Any bugs you may find are either known already, unknown and I will fix asap or I am in the process of fixing. If I can't figure out what some issues are I will consult the pros like Cybaster or Sean for advice since both are experienced coders. Enjoy the first release and I hope I can fix any bugs you may find. Keep in mind though I intend to add things before he is 100% complete. this is only the beginning of Ermac's appearance in CVTW. I am currently using Sean's Sub-zero's portraits since Ermac doesn't have his own yet.

Re: CVTW Ermac Early release
#2  July 18, 2013, 10:26:05 am
  • Sup
    • Lithuania
    • aringas500@inbox.lt
    • www.youtube.com/user/aringas795
Oh Hell Yes! :D
#3  July 18, 2013, 10:45:27 am
    • USA
    • HadoukenMeister@aol.com
for an early release he definitely has potential
nice job so far!
#4  July 18, 2013, 12:38:10 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
man that big portrait is HORRIBLY Deceiving!

Otherwise great character so far,
I feel his teleport punch, doesnt have enough IMPACT. maybe a bigger hitspark? or a louder hit sound? or both! lol.
#5  July 18, 2013, 05:22:22 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hey I tried him and I really like it you did a fine job with the effects and voice.
-Force Slam doesn't do any damage
-I suggest in the update change his stance and intro an win, so he looks less like a Sub-Zero clone
-Add more impact to the Teleport Punch, blood, louder hitsound, bigger hitspark
-I'd suggest changing the throw aswell
He has a lot of potential to be a good add-on char (don't remember how it's called) to the game

#6  July 18, 2013, 06:55:10 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
That's odd. Force Slam does damage on my mugen. There isn't much blood to Sean's ninjas and I'm following the setup here so there will not be blood except in the fatality version of Ermac's lvl 3 hyper. The throw is the same as all the other ninjas. The term you're looking for is DLC. but I will work on bugs.
#7  July 18, 2013, 07:15:48 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Force slam does damage on my end as well. really nice feeling character, looking forward to future updates! :)
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#8  July 18, 2013, 07:40:18 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Ermac's force slam doesn't do any damage on my end. Did he just update him?
I don't understand why you cant do any of Ermac's Levitation moves when really up close to your opponent.
During his Levitation his Force Kick move, why do you have to wait until your opponent gets up off the ground to be able to do the Levitation move again.
During his Levitation his Force Bomb move should knockdown your opponent or at least stun your opponent imo.
Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:51:51 pm by Kabolt
#9  July 19, 2013, 01:08:35 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
right now I have it to where you can't spam it constantly. I'll probably change it once the UT bar is implemented properly. right now it can't be done while the opponent is lying down. as for the body slam I just changed it to trip up the opponent.

I have to get the UT bar working and decide on value for bar depletion. how much do you guys think it should cost to use Levitation? it has 3 usable options and one cancel out. I was thinking one or two.

I'll look into the Force Slam itself. the way I did it is probably unconventional at best. I'll take a look at Pneophen's Ermac to see what I'm missing. nothing is copy and paste here. it's all based on other's work but the general skeleton of it.

in the next update the Teleport will knock in-air opponents out of the air if it doesn't already, cause more of an impact. thanks for the constructive criticism. I'll do my best to fix each issue. If for some reason I'm not able I'll be asking the pro-coders like Cybaster and Cyanide for advice.
#10  July 19, 2013, 01:37:52 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
kinda cool actually looking forward to full release.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#11  July 19, 2013, 03:26:12 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I think it should use 3 slots of the UT Bar and the follow-ups 1

#12  July 19, 2013, 03:28:53 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I would say 1 fro the Levitation itself and 2 for each other option since the Levitation itself does nothing but set up options later. you can't move side to side. you can only teleport out off, body slam, dive kick, or cancel out of the Levitation.
#13  July 19, 2013, 04:34:26 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Nice, cant wait to try him out.
#14  July 19, 2013, 05:50:58 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
at least I can say this...he's better than Flamekyo's version using Binho's sprites.
#15  July 19, 2013, 03:06:33 pm
    • Argentina
Wow, it's great, no doubt! I like his specials and everything, really good job, buddy :)

P.S: I hope you finish Reptile someday  :nink: :llama:
#16  July 20, 2013, 03:07:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Im gonna give you some tips sean gave me, i dont know if your aware of this or not but here goes..

I just wanted to let you know that if you're designing these to actually be used in the full-game, you need to include two custom animations in the .air to ensure compatibility. They should be labeled anim 13578 and 13579.

13578 is used for Chun-Li's focus attack, Jill's EX Acid Grenade, and a couple of others. 13579 is used for Alex's HP Flash Chop, Superman's Ice Breath, Blaze's command grab, Skullomania's Guard Crush UT, and one or two other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

Anim 13578 should be 160 ticks long, and can use crumple/cheese KO sprites or dizzy sprites if available. Two examples, one using cheese KO sprites (Ryu) and one without (Charlie, since he has none):

Anim 13579 should be 60 ticks long and just use the standing get-hits. Examples:

Just thought I'd let you know this. Without them, they will not properly react to the attacks I mentioned and it will look buggy/wrong.

#17  July 20, 2013, 03:38:44 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I have no attacks that are like focus attacks or that charge up. I have custom anims but only really for the LVL3 hyper and the 2 Force throws(Slam and Push)
#18  July 20, 2013, 04:04:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I have no attacks that are like focus attacks or that charge up. I have custom anims but only really for the LVL3 hyper and the 2 Force throws(Slam and Push)

He still needs them, hit him with chun li focus attack and see what happens, then try it on one of the official chars to see.
#19  July 20, 2013, 04:24:52 am
  • You ugly! We fix!
I'm reeealy enjoying this so far. I'm so happy to see people working on decent mk ninjas with cvs-ish sprites and sean's gameplay. Really cool stuff. One weird thing I have been getting with sub-zero and now ermac. In my mugen character select screen, sub's small portrait is using a grey/smoke palette while ermac has the blue/sub-zero small portrait going. Yet in FF, both small ports appear as they should blue/red respectively. What gives with the character select??
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#20  July 20, 2013, 07:16:40 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
might be a missing pallete issue idk. but anyway Ermac's portrait will be changed asap anyway. I actually tried Chunny's Focus on Ermac and you're right. thanks for showing me that Memo. also I've been having issues with opponents recovering after I chain from Force Slam>air combo. they recover even though I don't want them to. perhaps it's an issue with one of the P2 custom states. mind boggling but I'll keep you all updated. also if anyone does artwork and can do similar art to Sean's for the portraits(CvTW style) please IM me if you're interested. I suck at regular art and my spriting is mediocre at best so lemme know. I asked Sean but I don't wanna add to the huge list of mugen shit he's got on his plate.