YesNoOk

Megaman (Classic) for CvTW (Read 176079 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 08, 2013, 04:27:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Megaman (Classic) for CvTW
#61  July 18, 2013, 09:47:38 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
actually I like the idea of that, it sounds cool changing colors depending on the weapons used id say go for it,.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#62  July 18, 2013, 10:25:46 pm
It might be too late for this to be relevant, but DarkCipherLucius did a pretty awesome custom Megaman that I preferred to DG's version. Might be worth taking a look at if you're still in need of ideas. His had six special weapons (one being tornado hold) summoned with the helper by QCB+P/K, fired with QCF+P, and if you held down HP until the mega buster was charged then did QCF+K, it would use a charged version of the special weapon. It had a few custom hypers too I think.
#63  July 18, 2013, 11:13:36 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Isn't that Megaman mixed with elements from Megaman X though? I read about him briefly, and how he had a Megaman or X style megabuster. Correct me if I'm wrong also, but isn't it only X that charges specials to begin with?

The changing palette thing is a neat idea, but it seems unneeded, and probably strange because it would work well if it was only the default palette, but I'd see that becoming an issue if you were also able to use those palettes as your starting colour.

@Sean
Well as long as the transparency is actually there it's fine then. I guess the lack of running sprites does work out, because he does have so much range, that like Arthur it's not really necessary. Hopefully he's just as challenging to fight. Really looking forward to his inclusion in the next update! :)
#64  July 19, 2013, 01:36:53 am
    • USA
Isn't that Megaman mixed with elements from Megaman X though? I read about him briefly, and how he had a Megaman or X style megabuster. Correct me if I'm wrong also, but isn't it only X that charges specials to begin with?

Atomic Fire is chargeable in Mega Man Classic. But yes, X is the only one able to do that.
#65  July 19, 2013, 02:21:51 am

The changing palette thing is a neat idea, but it seems unneeded, and probably strange because it would work well if it was only the default palette, but I'd see that becoming an issue if you were also able to use those palettes as your starting colour.

@Sean
Well as long as the transparency is actually there it's fine then. I guess the lack of running sprites does work out, because he does have so much range, that like Arthur it's not really necessary. Hopefully he's just as challenging to fight. Really looking forward to his inclusion in the next update! :)

Oh, maybe. I wasn't even thinking of source accuracy, I thought it was just a custom addition.

Which is stupid, because I've played just about every Megaman game. Shows how much I pay attention, geez. xD
#66  July 20, 2013, 11:50:10 am
Ryu in MVC could transform into Ken and Akuma power based shoto forms. Actually it would be great to see Megaman like that with Bass and Protoman transformations besides powers from his enemies really.
#67  July 20, 2013, 08:31:24 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Sorry, but that is just too much. My first post said I was going to cut down on some of DG's stuff (like his Rush Adapter), adding Bass and Protoman modes would defeat the purpose of that. I've already added a ton of special weapons and 3 custom supers. At what point do people stop asking me to add more stuff? :P

I checked out DCL's version, and it was interesting. I'm not familiar with many of those weapons, though I assume it's because they were from Megaman and Bass, which I've never played. It did have a lot of nice, custom animations, unfortunately none of them I could really use in the moveset I have planned.

Copy Vision will most likely be used in some way for his L3 super, though.

Download Last Bout now!
#68  July 20, 2013, 11:02:47 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
Agreed. There is more than enough going on here. Looking forward to trying him out. CvTW is quickly becoming one of my favorite gameplay variants and this version of Mega Man will surely be a fine addition to anyone's roster.
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#69  July 21, 2013, 08:31:10 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
By the way guys, I am looking for someone to voice Megaman. I'm looking for a young sounding voice, similar to his MVC voice. If we've learned anything from anime, a girl's voice may be better in this case, but I don't know what my chances of finding that are. If you have a young sounding voice that could be made to sound slightly younger using Audacity (upping the pitch a bit, perhaps) that might work as well.

If you'd like to send a sample, just include some attack sounds and some shouts of some of his weapons ("Leaf Shield!", "Tornado Hold!", "Metal Blade!", etc.). I'd like to avoid going through the tedious audition process that comes along with posting at Voice Acting Club or Voice Acting Alliance. If I have to do that, it will delay his release (or he'll be released without a voice).

Download Last Bout now!
#70  July 21, 2013, 09:09:19 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you could always get a slightly older sounding guy to do it and then up the pitch of the voice in whatever sound software you have. Reaper and audacity might work. and DAW would work really. not sure how it'd turn out but it's an idea to work off of if you can't find anyone.
#71  July 21, 2013, 09:14:09 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#72  July 21, 2013, 09:43:50 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
well nvm then. it's 2 in the morning where I'm at. I'm tired lol. just tryin to help.
#73  July 24, 2013, 03:16:51 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Just got done implementing a weapon bar above his Super bar. I noticed he was way, way too good without some limitation on his weapons, so I added it. It was either this or drastically nerf his health and mobility, like Arthur.

On the plus side, with a weapon bar that drains with each use of a special weapon, he needed a way to refill it, so I added a new L1 Super, W Tank, which allows you to sacrifice a super meter level for a full refill of the weapon bar. Now to decide whether the EX weapons should still use super meter, or just make them use more of the weapon bar. Hmmm.

Screens:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download Last Bout now!
#74  July 24, 2013, 03:25:23 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It looks great Sean I think the EX weapons should use more of the weapon bar

#75  July 24, 2013, 03:27:47 am
  • tired
I think they should use super meter along with the weapon meter. I don't see a point in making Megaman an exception for meter rules.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#76  July 24, 2013, 06:42:00 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I do find it interesting that you seem to also drain the bar even with just the charged megabuster. I also have to agree with C.A.N about making it draining both.

Small observation, but the weapon bar wouldn't get in the way of anything in it's current placement would it? If it did I'd suggest moving it under the UT bar. I don't know if it would cause any issues regarding things like Snake's c4's and possibly overlapping them, if not then this shouldn't be an issue.
Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:47:05 am by C-G-U
#77  July 24, 2013, 08:07:46 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
You can have the weapon bar change color depending on the weapon selected instead of megaman swapping pals like others had suggested.
#78  July 24, 2013, 08:44:53 am
  • tired
^ Or maybe both at the same time? :3
#79  July 24, 2013, 10:25:18 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I do find it interesting that you seem to also drain the bar even with just the charged megabuster. I also have to agree with C.A.N about making it draining both.

No, I changed the megabuster. The normal buster shots are now small, yellow shots, and the charged shot is large and blue. The big yellow shot is actually part of the Fire Storm super.

Right now, it drains both. I'll probably leave it that way.

Download Last Bout now!
#80  July 24, 2013, 05:45:13 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Speaking of which, have you decided on his UT yet?