YesNoOk

Back into MUGEN after several years, help please (Read 2247 times)

Started by icebox, August 12, 2013, 01:42:45 am
Share this topic:
Back into MUGEN after several years, help please
#1  August 12, 2013, 01:42:45 am
    • USA
    • danjeffmassey@gmail.com
How do I wade through all the crap and edits.  I am looking for legit "game versions" of Street Fighters, KOF, TMNT Tournament Fighters and the like.  I've found characters with movesets replaced with a shoto moveset, unnecessary visuals effects, and altered over the top specials.  Where is the best place to look to find "legit" characters.  I'm tired of testing countless Ryus, Guiles, and Terrys and comming up empty.  Any help is very much appreciated.
Re: Back into MUGEN after several years, help please
#2  August 12, 2013, 02:19:23 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, we're going to need more info.

Legit characters of what exactly? What style? What gameplay? Any characters in particular?
#3  August 12, 2013, 02:25:41 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Do you mean source accurate characters?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#4  August 12, 2013, 02:28:43 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Well... a good beginning would be Warusaki´s CvS2 characters with Jesuszilla´s patches.

Chilling
#5  August 12, 2013, 02:34:39 am
    • USA
Source accurate, yes.  I'm looking for KoF characters between 94 and 2002, XI and XII before it went HD with XIII.  Also, do not have strikers included.  Looking for source accurate Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 characters.  Street Fighter III 3rd Strike though, I wouldn't mind having all the specials available in fight instead of just choosing one of them.
#6  August 12, 2013, 02:36:26 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'm looking for KoF characters between 94 and 2002, XI. Also, do not have strikers included. 
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike though, I wouldn't mind having all the specials available in fight instead of just choosing one of them.
Vans, Koopakoot, a few others I can't recall atm.
GM's SF3 characters have that option and Rajaa made Necro.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#7  August 12, 2013, 02:42:34 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Trinity Mugen in general should cover KOF for you.

Though, for any other characters they don't cover, you're SOL for any good source accurate version.
#8  August 12, 2013, 02:51:38 am
    • USA
I had to facepalm when I found infinite's shotocloned Guile and Charlie.  Was thinking I'd use them before I tested them.
#9  August 12, 2013, 03:01:16 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Source accurate, yes.  I'm looking for KoF characters between 94 and 2002, XI and XII before it went HD with XIII.  Also, do not have strikers included.  Looking for source accurate Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 characters.  Street Fighter III 3rd Strike though, I wouldn't mind having all the specials available in fight instead of just choosing one of them.

I'm sorry to say but there's not a lot of well done Alpha/Zero characters.  I like the way you think though, you and I have that in common.  If you want the most accurate KOF K' imaginable I would suggest the one by Mouser because KOD hasn't updated his in forever. 
#10  August 12, 2013, 03:07:21 am
    • Brazil
    • brenomacedo1995@gmail.com
I think Chun-Li from street Fighter III made by muteki is very similar to the real game.
#11  August 15, 2013, 04:33:13 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm looking for KoF characters between 94 and 2002, XI. Also, do not have strikers included. 
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike though, I wouldn't mind having all the specials available in fight instead of just choosing one of them.
Vans, Koopakoot, a few others I can't recall atm.
GM's SF3 characters have that option and Rajaa made Necro.
You forgot the french speaking dudes...

Iron, Scal, Orochi.