YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1856241 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:
The CS Discussion Thread
#1  August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
    • USA
I created this thread so the users can post their color separations and receive criticism (whether the exceed with the separation, etc)

I'll start us off:

I'm currently CS'ing Demitri Maximoff:

This isn't the final template, so I'm willing to make changes.

I'm not sure if i should make his alternative form the same color of his cape or his pants/suite (Using all three in the form would make him look awkward.) I'm also uncertain if i should separate the sleeves or merge them with the "Napkin" (Handkerchief, I forgot to change that), the buttons could also be merged as well, but I think two separations for them is necessary or useful.

C&C are welcome.

Credit goes to aokmaniac13  a.k.a  Insanius for the sprite rips

And Ink for creating the second stance.

Also, JTP, Sage (I think), and I are creating Juli's CS, here's what I got so far:

My only gripe is that for a simple alpha separation, the separation amount is pretty big. :(

I'm probably gonna have to take a look at P.O.T.S.'s Cammy for reference.

Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:59:52 am by Froz
Re: Froz's CS Discussion: (Thoughts, Criticism, and Opinions)
#2  August 14, 2013, 06:44:47 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This is the CFJ spriteset, then?

Alternate form should probably be the same as the cape, or perhaps even be completely separate. Separate sleeves would be nice but aren't really necessary.
Re: Froz's CS Discussion: (Criticism, and Opinions about them)
#3  August 14, 2013, 06:46:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I would say this would be a fine addition to the Capcom side of Capcom vs The World
#4  August 14, 2013, 07:52:00 pm
    • USA
This is the CFJ spriteset, then?

Alternate form should probably be the same as the cape, or perhaps even be completely separate. Separate sleeves would be nice but aren't really necessary.

Yup, yup, yup.

Ok, so the sleeves will be merged, about the alternate form, I have made a poll.

Here's the alternative form with the three separations, and I must say it looks good. It costed me blood, sweat, and tears to make this.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I would say this would be a fine addition to the Capcom side of Capcom vs The World

Hopefully, Sean or Memo might consider it.
Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:55:57 pm by Froz
#5  August 14, 2013, 07:58:19 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
If nobody wants to convert him to CvTW I will,  just let me know when he is ready.
#6  August 14, 2013, 08:10:39 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
I say new separation. Shared with cape is also good. Not sure about the demon form having lower body separation though.
#7  August 15, 2013, 12:41:57 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I sincerely don´t see the point of putting pants to the alt form, it looks weird right now. I don´t see a problem seeing the alt form being shared with the cape. Sleeves aren´t really necessary. The template is lovely as it is :)
Chilling
#8  August 15, 2013, 12:49:54 am
    • USA
NO PANTS
#9  August 15, 2013, 01:04:02 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's your answer for everything.
#10  August 20, 2013, 11:39:10 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Here's a good question about CSing: In you guys' opinion, what is the most efficient way to do them? I think this can start an interesting discussion.
#11  August 21, 2013, 12:04:25 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I use the delete method because most of the time I don't even need to be precise.
Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#12  August 21, 2013, 03:59:43 am
    • USA
OK, so JTP, Sage (I think), and I are creating Juli's Color Separation for DivineWolf's Juli, here's what I got so far:

My only gripe is that for a simple alpha separation, the separation amount is pretty big. :(

Yes, I checked, the sprites uses all of the slots found in the grid.

I'm probably gonna have to take a look at P.O.T.S.'s Cammy for reference.

I also changed the title so other CS authors could get some criticism for their projects.
#13  August 21, 2013, 04:51:24 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Why the hair has 8 tones??!! It shouldn´t have more than 6. POTS used 7 colors for the skin, 7 for the legs, 5 for the hair & 6 for the gauntlets in his Cammy. In case you wanna knew that.
Chilling
#14  August 21, 2013, 05:37:19 am
u forgot the beret and skin(5th) is shared with the strap
#15  August 21, 2013, 05:41:51 am
    • USA
Why the hair has 8 tones??!! It shouldn´t have more than 6. POTS used 7 colors for the skin, 7 for the legs, 5 for the hair & 6 for the gauntlets in his Cammy. In case you wanna knew that.

OK, I look into that, thanks for the feedback!

u forgot the beret and skin(5th) is shared with the strap

I wasn't focusing too much on that at the moment, since DivineWolf was ok with a simple separation that had the gauntlets, eyes, and the legs.

But once I revise the palette, I'll add those to the template.

DW

#16  August 21, 2013, 06:29:30 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, I'm fine with w/e you guys decide on. My only personal requests were her white of eyes, irises, and legs. The rest seems fine to me. But, if you're willing to separate the arm strap, that'd be a nice bonus. Girard said he'd be able to help a bit as well. Entirely up to you guys.
#17  August 21, 2013, 06:51:10 am
    • USA
Doesn't Cammy have a unique hair color? That would probably explain one of the extra colors, if in fact Juli's hair is all made up of skin tones.
#18  August 21, 2013, 04:52:20 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
About that. I won't be able to CS for awhile due to serious collateral damage done to my cheap ass laptop. It may be a month or two before I get it fixed due to the fact that I have no more money in my account. I actually plan on getting a new one in December. Sorry. If it isn't done by then, I'll try to contribute. 
#19  August 22, 2013, 03:51:09 am
uh whats her tie supposed to be changed to?
#20  August 22, 2013, 03:59:03 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Y'know, scratch what I said. I gonna use this thing till the fucking screen comes off. If it gets fixed or I get a new one soon, it would help, but I'm just going have to deal with it till them. So send the sprites that Divine's using so I may help, Froz.