YesNoOk

Dragon Ball All Stars: Cell (Read 25713 times)

Started by Neocide, September 01, 2013, 09:44:19 am
Share this topic:
Dragon Ball All Stars: Cell
#1  September 01, 2013, 09:44:19 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
The second of a few releases up now is Cell. He's the final boss for my game so when he does have AI he'll be a giant pain in the ass to beat. There is still room for more palettes if people want to make more. He's the lovechild of Geese,Terry and Dictator, with Chun Li and Vice thrown in for good measure. Hopefully everyone enjoys him! He's supposed to have a boss-type moveset. So if you have any suggestions that don't make him "overpowered" then I'm all ears.

Spoiler: Shots Ahoy (click to see content)

Cyber Pickle
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:12:43 am by Neocide
Re: Dragon Ball All Stars: Cell
#2  September 01, 2013, 09:51:38 am
Excellent man. You forgot to put the link for download.
#3  September 01, 2013, 09:56:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ooops fixed.

edit- forgot to mention

Thanks to Rai(it's rai now?) Tei for making cell's big portrait he did a fantastic job!
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:05:39 am by Neocide
#4  September 01, 2013, 12:00:31 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Cool bro, I like your sprite style :D

EDIT:

The command in the readme for Death Beam is "Death Beam -  QCFx2, Kick" when the kick should be punch :P
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:16:18 pm by Watta
#5  September 01, 2013, 12:53:11 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
No Watta, that's Kamehameha. The death beam command is qcb*2+K, which is the correct one.

However, you made a mistake for the command for Cell Jr Assault.
It would also be nice to simplify the command to make it more easy to perform.
Instead of
Code:
~D, DB, B, D, DF, F, a+b
Use :
Code:
~D, DB, B, $D, F, a+b

Thanks for the great release. :)
#6  September 01, 2013, 01:12:16 pm
ooops fixed.

edit- forgot to mention

Thanks to Rai(it's rai now?) Tei for making cell's big portrait he did a fantastic job!

It's always has been Rai Tei/tei (Capital based on my mood during registration, I guess.)  :flipout:

But thanks, just want to help out, so you're welcome :)

No Watta, that's Kamehameha. The death beam command is qcb*2+K, which is the correct one.

However, you made a mistake for the command for Cell Jr Assault.
It would also be nice to simplify the command to make it more easy to perform.
Instead of
Code:
~D, DB, B, D, DF, F, a+b
Use :
Code:
~D, DB, B, $D, F, a+b

Thanks for the great release. :)

The first one Neo uses is probably based on Geese' 'Raising Storm' input,
which indeed is a hell to pull.
I could be wrong though
#7  September 01, 2013, 08:45:57 pm
    • USA
    • xiaoguanhua2@gmail.com
Nice job man! I am your super fans!!!!
I hope my suggestions can help your character to be more perfect:

1, for both goku and cell, it's better to replace this kamahamaha. At least they should resembles the anime.
You have made good ones:
http://i.imgur.com/dzvjDnH.png
http://i.imgur.com/cAq6r3g.png
I don't know why you abandon these good ones?

Currently, what you are using is a beam that has been used since 2005 for everywhere from iron-man to Pokemon to kyubi in naruto.
You should at least let people recognize it is a dragon ball beam.

2, I suggest you to adjust system for cell. Why?
For your cell: you used mostly LEONA's system with the addition of Blue Mary's anti move + Kyo's Kototsuki You
But don't forget Leona's system is more complete.
Baltic Launcher is same thing like Kototsuki You; X-Caliber is near-body attack which can block fire balls;
Moon Slasher can anti-air and Earring Bomb is a special  fireball. And she also has an air attack like cell.
Your cell is not that strong:
cell jr is slower than other fireballs. I mean when you rise your hand you are already punched on face
anti move sucks when I use fire balls to attack you and you will never know whether I use a low blow or a middle blow.
In addition, a lot of cell's moves need to press three buttons on the left hand which means he has slower response than others in real fight.

Your cell is fantastic in the training mode but in real fight ...
My suggestion: add solar punch to blind opponent, add an anti-air move, and fireballs that can be used when you jump in air
#8  September 02, 2013, 02:55:20 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
1. I don't like that khh in gohan, the first one animates weird, and the second is huge. If you haven't noticed everyone uses those beams, as well as cvs2 sparks and other things. It's just one of those common things. Trust me I went back and fourth on KHH effects. It's just too much time trying to get the right ones rather than use something practical

2. His system is fine as is. I don't know where you see leona or blue mary, as his anti air is terry's rising tackle?

I can speed up the cell jr's. Also the 3 button movement thing, with AI that's not even a problem. I'm not adding solar flare as it's incredibly cheap outside of using it for a super. He HAS an anti air move, and I don't feel he needs fireballs in the air. There are plenty of boss type characters who are sufficient without air fireballs.

My bad on the read me flubs I'll fix that. And possibly change the cell jr command as what Rai Tei said was correct. 
#9  September 02, 2013, 05:53:02 am
    • USA
    • xiaoguanhua2@gmail.com
I get it... You tried many plans and feel disappointed to all of them so you choose the original idea.
The problem is that beam is NOT KHH. It does not resemble the anime at all.

Anyway, my friends can help you with that. They can offer your with plans and you decide satisfied or not.

2, Maybe you need a new Read Me so that I can have a complete understanding of your system.
#10  September 02, 2013, 06:03:08 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I get it... You tried many plans and feel disappointed to all of them so you choose the original idea.

HADOUKEN---- I mean Kamehameha.
Not every Kamehameha in mugen for a db char looks like the real thing, this one looks like an Hadouken but its still good.

Anyway, my friends can help you with that. They can offer your with plans and you decide satisfied or not.

2, Maybe you need a new Read Me so that I can have a complete understanding of your system.

Learn to read please.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:11:16 am by Ryūku Tsukuyomi
#11  September 02, 2013, 06:07:55 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide

Spoiler: Chou Khh says Hi (click to see content)

I can't think of any khh I've seen that follows the show well tbh. The beam changes style so much in the show. And the Beam is hardly that big of a deal. But if your friends can help out, and make the beams look good in mugen be my guest. just know it needs to be animated right and be fluid. I don't want to retweak the damn khh supers too much.

The system isn't really complicated, picking it up isn't hard at all. I'll make a thread in my board about the system itself and all the chaining and everything I suppose.
Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:23:09 am by Neocide
#12  September 02, 2013, 06:54:57 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Yea the system is rather simple.
I like it because it is unique, fresh and unlike other overused systems within Mugen.

A few things:
- Launch Kick, Cell Jr. Assault and Rising Tackle command is wrong in the readme.
- Goku's name is still in the readme.
- For some reason, I feel that more could be done with the Cell Jr.s attacks.  They have more potential IMO.
- I feel that the Head Stomp could either be removed or completely reworked.  Although handy, it's such a blatant ripoff of Bison's move that it just doesn't fit IMO.
- He feels as if he's lacking something... I don't know what though.

It's very late at night and because of this, I tested him for a short period of time.
However, I promise to give better feedback tomorrow. :yes:
#13  September 02, 2013, 07:09:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
-Shit, I'll fix that thought I fixed those actually.
- oops, forgot to change that in the universal moves
- more like what?
-head stomp IS dictator's move. It was a nod to them sharing the same voice actor. His intro is the same as dictator's too. It was a homage to him in general.He has move's a lot of characters who exist have. They fit him fine imo.
-okay? That doesn't really help me :p hopefully when you fully test you can explain why.

He's getting a power mode like goku, his is "perfection" he'll basically get some of the other character's moves. In the same vein as shan tsung. But that will be a game exclusive, like all the power modes.

#14  September 02, 2013, 09:24:06 am
    • USA
    • xiaoguanhua2@gmail.com

Not every Kamehameha in mugen for a db char looks like the real thing, this one looks like an Hadouken but its still good.

Learn to read please.

Good doesn't mean perfect. This character's KHH is HADOUKEN doesn't mean a good KHH doesn't exist.
For example:
http://w273286.s46-193.myverydz.com/data/attachment/forum/201309/02/152109iolol5565ml5nwlm.jpg
http://w273286.s46-193.myverydz.com/data/attachment/forum/201309/02/152111irup0g11p1etb1fz.png
#15  September 02, 2013, 09:37:28 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I don't consider that to be a good khh. it's a pretty bland looking beam imo. And looks like a random db beam

we will have to disagree on what we consider to be good. Because that is pretty crud
#16  September 02, 2013, 09:39:03 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

Learn to read please.

Good doesn't mean perfect. This character's KHH is HADOUKEN doesn't mean a good KHH doesn't exist.
For example:
http://w273286.s46-193.myverydz.com/data/attachment/forum/201309/02/152109iolol5565ml5nwlm.jpg
http://w273286.s46-193.myverydz.com/data/attachment/forum/201309/02/152111irup0g11p1etb1fz.png

Are these bland looking KHHs supposed to be perfect? Cuz they are far from being perfect. They are not even close to being good.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#17  September 02, 2013, 10:10:10 am
    • USA
    • xiaoguanhua2@gmail.com

Learn to read please.

For example:

Are these bland looking KHHs supposed to be perfect? Cuz they are far from being perfect. They are not even close to being good.

Have you watched the anime? KHH is bland like beam with a ball-shaped head.
At least they resemble the anime and much better than your HADOUKEN and Iornman's beam.
#18  September 02, 2013, 10:26:23 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I showed you a shot from the anime. The beam itself never stays the same anyway. It shifts, so it doesn't matter, also that's not an iron man beam, it's a beam from melty blood. Anyway, enough of the beam talk, you don't like it cool. Deal with it or don't but no more discussion on it.
#19  September 02, 2013, 11:34:51 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#20  September 02, 2013, 12:25:18 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
No, because essentially it's just a chou kamehameha. The Budokai games just like to name every damn move in db. I don't even understand the reasoning behind calling it solar, it's not powered by the sun.