YesNoOk

Sony Stuff News Thread (Read 314439 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, April 22, 2013, 09:55:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Sony Stuff News Thread
#101  October 22, 2013, 09:27:24 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

new sony promo, pretty cool
#102  October 23, 2013, 04:38:38 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I like how at the end they use the old PS3 font like the one they're using for the PS4(currently, lol) isn't the same as the current PS3 font.  Otherwise, yes, pretty cool.  I always like shots like that.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#103  October 23, 2013, 11:27:33 am
Well on each generation they're using the first version of it, the first PS1 (before the PSOne), the fat PS2, fat PS3, so it seems logical to me.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#104  October 23, 2013, 08:54:37 pm
PSN Halloween sale.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/21/sale-of-the-dead-discounts-on-the-last-of-us-puppeteer-and-more/

Stuff that stood out to me:

The Last of Us - (PS+ Price) $35.99  (Sale Price) $44.99

The Walking Dead Season Pass - (PS+ Price) $2.99  (Sale Price) $4.99

Metro: Last Light - (PS+ Price) $29.99   (Sale Price) $39.99

Puppeteer - (PS+ Price) $19.59   (Sale Price) $27.99

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be picking up TWD today.

Worth mentioning to people too lazy to click the link that Metro and Puppeteer don't go on sale until next week.
#105  October 23, 2013, 08:57:44 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs[/youtube]

new sony promo, pretty cool

Hmm--why are they celebrating it from 1995 on when the PS1 was released back in 1994 already?
#106  October 23, 2013, 09:15:19 pm
it was released december 1994 in japan and didn't hit the rest of the world until the latter half of 1995
Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:08:08 pm by Titiln
#107  October 25, 2013, 07:08:33 pm
#108  October 25, 2013, 07:40:00 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Well, at least it's only 300MB. Even with PSN's snail pace that should be quick enough.
#109  October 28, 2013, 11:06:03 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
New PSN USA Stuff for this week:

PlayStation Network
- Angry Birds Star Wars (PS3, PS Vita)
- Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (PS3)
- Battlefield 4 (PS3)
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD (PS3)
- Crazy Market (PS Vita)
- Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (PS3)
- OMG HD Zombies! (PS Vita)
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (PS3)
- Proteus (PS3, PS Vita)
- WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Demos
- Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD
- Starlight Inception Beta
#110  November 04, 2013, 09:08:03 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
New PSN USA Stuff:

PS2 Classics
- The Adventures of Cookie & Cream

PlayStation Network
- A-Men 2 (PS3, PS Vita)
- Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (PS3)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
- CastleStorm (PS3, PS Vita)
- Final Exam (PS3)
- The Guided Fate Paradox (PS3)
- How to Survive (PS3)

Demos
- Castlestorm
- Final Exam
- Grid 2
- How to Survive
[Video] Every PS4 Launch Title
#111  November 08, 2013, 08:45:39 pm
  • SNK is life
#112  November 08, 2013, 08:53:29 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Welp, time to pre-order a PS4.

EDIT: And for a moment, I thought they were showing a sequel to Flower. Turns out its just a re-release. :(
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:57:11 pm by Hoshi
#113  November 10, 2013, 11:08:43 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Amazon is currently having a buy 2 get 1 free deal on PS4 games. I'd pre-ordered KillZone: ShadowFall (got it today, guess they want me to stare at the disc for a few days lol) and they sent me a buy 1 get 1 code. Please note that you have to pre-order a game to qualify. The list of eligible games are (bolded games are shipping now and as such are no longer available for pre-order, but can still be obtained for free):

KillZone: Shadowfall
Knack
COD: Ghosts

Battlefield 4
NFS: Rivals
Fifa 14
Madden 25
NBA2k14
Lego Marvel
Skylanders SWAP Force
Assassin's Creed 4
Just Dance 2014
Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition
...Angry Birds: Star Wars (WTF?)

I have no idea what to get besides BF4... Knack?

EDIT: Offer is US only it seems.

EDIT2: Seems they're expanding it a bit.

Promotion Starts on Tuesday 11/12/13 at 9:00am PST through 1:00pm PST or while supplies last.
Frequently Asked Questions

• What is the promotion? This is a buy 2 get 1 free promotion. Simply add 3 of the select list of PS4 games to your cart. At checkout, use the eight digit promotional code, GR8TNESS. The discount will be reflected in your Order Summary.

• What is the promotional code? GR8TNESS

• When will the promotion be applied? The promotion will be applied at checkout after you enter the promotional code.

• What games qualify for the Buy 2 get 1 promotion? The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on the promotional landing page. The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers do not qualify.

- Angry Birds: Star Wars - PlayStation 4
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
- Battlefield 4 - PlayStation 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
- FIFA 14 - PlayStation 4
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Just Dance 2014 - PlayStation 4
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
- Knack (PlayStation 4)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 25 - PlayStation 4
- NBA 2K14 - PlayStation 4
- Skylanders SWAP Force - PlayStation 4

Please note: Call of Duty: Ghosts and Skylanders Swap Force Starter Packs are sold separately at the full price.

• When is the promotion? The promotion will begin at 9 AM (PST), 12 PM (EST) on Tuesday, 11/12/13. Supplies are limited. The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time. If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, or you cancel your order, the promotion will not apply.

• Who qualifies for this promotion? All Amazon customers. Add three items from the list above to your cart, at checkout apply the GR8TNESS claim code and receive 3 games for the price of 2.

• How many times can I use the promo code? The promotion is limited to one per customer.

• Is shipping free? Standard shipping and handling rates apply to all orders.

• Will I get my games by the release day of the console, 11/15? Delivery date is determined at checkout depending on the shipping method you choose.

• Can I buy multiple copies of one game? Each title is limited to 1 per customer, the 3 games in the cart must be 3 different titles in order for the promotion to apply.

• I have a “non-launch” period game pre-ordered, for example Destiny, Infamous, etc. Do I qualify for this promo? The promo is only valid on select launch PS4 games. Please see the product list above for more details.

• Can I combine multiple claim code promotions? The Buy Two Get One promotion is only valid with the group claim code, GR8TNESS. Other promotional codes will not be combinable.

Posted: November 12, 2013, 06:23:09 pm
Tired of scratching off pre-paid cards? Disappointed with the prices of digital content on PSN? Don't trust Sony to keep your CC info safe? I know I don't! Well, introducing the Amazon PSN Store.

Now while not every game is cheaper on Amazon, at least you have the option to shop around now for digital games. :)
Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:23:09 pm by Makkah
#114  November 14, 2013, 05:52:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#115  November 15, 2013, 05:05:34 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:09:20 pm by -SyN-
#116  November 15, 2013, 05:18:15 pm
  • SNK is life
Apparently its a small number of consoles that has reported hardware issues but again its a day 1 launch
Exactly, as days go by, and more and more people open their boxes, this will grow probably.

Also, it's not a matter of how many, it's the bad press they're gonna get, because some of the faulty consoles were sent to Gaming websites like IGN UK, where they specified they were not being 60 year old confused grandpas who didn't know how to make it work, but that they tried everything and NOPE.

#117  November 15, 2013, 05:25:08 pm
That was quick... and then a week later we will be talking about the lolRedRingBox again. Should of went with a Wii U. :P

This console launch has been interesting (that doesn't make it good).
#118  November 15, 2013, 05:36:04 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Early adopters should know what they're getting into before buying these.  There's always problems in the first couple of waves.  This is why I waited to buy my PS3 and I'll wait another six months to buy my PS4.
#119  November 15, 2013, 07:13:28 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
My daughter and I got lucky with the Wii U on launch, but then again many underrate Nintendo anyway due to their lack of current Xbox and ps3 shooter exclusives that attracts 12 year olds and never realized Nintendo since 1983 was ahead of the game with innovation since the Light Gun Zapper and R.O.B the Robot for games like Gyromite opened many doors for these newer games and consoles anyway.

Just stating the facts, not making fanboy comments. lol

DMK

#120  November 15, 2013, 07:23:24 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Mine went off without a hitch, runs very well and can't wait to start Killzone. I do have it on the smaller TV I use with my work computer until it gets a few more games, still have many things left to play on my PS3 after all.