Cervantes Released (Read 12235 times)

Started by Super Dragon Blade, November 10, 2013, 06:56:32 am
Share this topic:
Cervantes Released
#1  November 10, 2013, 06:56:32 am
after getting the sprites ripped from chuchoryu i was able to make cervantes

next will be mitsurugi and i can fix and release the beta of soul edge 2

what for next update:

new ripped sprites for cervantes (chuchoryu still ripping sprites he will rip fixed fighting stance)
throw
more special moves
new sprites for other attacks

this is for you guys who have been waiting fo finally play as cervantes for mugen and now you can yay!!!

enjoy cervantes until the next update

and if you are wondering im going to update astaroth and taki next

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zvru8j5r4i6owv

Re: Cervantes Released
#2  November 10, 2013, 07:04:25 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
"Fool, there won't be anything left of you!"
Gonna try him and give you feedback later.

*Edit*
Feedback so far so good but there is some things to fix.
- Needs a better intro it looks shabby.
- Needs a better taunt.
- Add width to his gun super cuz if they are close he misses.
- His crouch attack sprites in state 400 look off frame.
This is all I can find so far. You did good I can't wait to see how he will turn out in his next update. He is now in my roster.
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:23:46 am by Kanbei
#3  November 10, 2013, 08:23:41 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
His Super port doesn't look that good.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  November 10, 2013, 08:29:15 am
it was hard for me to find a good image i use this one unless someone would like to give me one i an use
#5  November 10, 2013, 08:58:19 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiroyaksha
Bug !Some move have bug?and what wrong with his hyper?
#6  November 10, 2013, 09:10:14 am
he was talking about the super portrait
#7  November 10, 2013, 01:48:27 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You should have waited to release him IMO. Or at least annouce it's an early beta.

The special could have had 3 variations depending on the punch pressed.
He stops too fast when he hits with his special IMO. Can't remember how it was in SC though.
You can't combo after it.
His slash FX could really be separated from the sprite and given transparency.
#8  November 10, 2013, 04:03:51 pm
  • Portrait maker/AI coder
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
I have a pirate ship stage with Cervantes music from the first soul blade game for years now just waiting for him to be converted, a zillion thanks cvsartist
#9  November 10, 2013, 06:12:33 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
it was hard for me to find a good image i use this one unless someone would like to give me one i an use

I think that he was talking about the white dots...
Anyway, feel free to use this  :D:
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:15:35 pm by Lurker
#10  November 10, 2013, 09:29:56 pm
in soul calibur 5 cervantes was only able to shoot his gun 2 times i will get that coded in
i looked at the soul calibur 5 cervantes do super and he pauses i think for 2 or 3 seconds while he holds his gun up
and you are not supposed to combo after you do the critical edge
and i have some ideas for the special move but i will add that when i make more sprites and more basic attack actions

Lurker thank you for the super portrait i will use them

the next updated characters to be released are taki and astaroth i will try to make moe moves for astaroth
#11  November 10, 2013, 10:03:46 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
My only complaint is the same as what Cybaster said.....

I just dont understand why you were such in a rush to release this, like he's hardly even playable.....

I feel like you should have waited man, what is the rush?.... Was it because you wanted to be the first to release him or what?.....

Instead of these 100 updates, why not just work on the character and atleast get them to about 80 percent of completion then release... Its not a request its just a very good suggestion, because right now to me he feels so unfinished to the point where I cant give you much feedback at all instead of you should have waited till you got more sprites and things coded before you decided to release this.....

Please atleast think about this the next time you release an update for him or any one else or also if when you decide to release another character....
#12  November 10, 2013, 10:11:46 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
He's pals with Chuchoryu, and also believes that the guy's method on releasing characters is alright. That's why.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#13  November 10, 2013, 10:30:34 pm
well i release this and update other characters is not for rushing i do this because im getting close to releaseing the beta version of soul edge 2 and i think everyone would like to have updated stuff before the release

after i release the beta version of the full game the game it self will get major updates for character patches and new stages
the full game will have a update when i add more characters and updates in the game
i will also make sff patches for normal mugen portraits if you are going to get the characters out of the game and into your mugen roster

im just waiting for mitsurugi sprites ripped by chuchoryu
#14  November 11, 2013, 01:52:01 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
He's pals with Chuchoryu, and also believes that the guy's method on releasing characters is alright. That's why.

Hey, that's a bit rude. Their methods may not produce the absolute finest characters immediately, but both have been working very hard and produce decent material. They're not being paid, so if they wanna release stuff early that's their prerogative. People've been complaining about this for the LONGEST, there's no need to be snarky about it..

On-topic: Good release cvs! Can't wait for the update, great stuff
#15  November 11, 2013, 02:00:08 am
I agree with Grits, this is his style and he has been doing it for quite a bit, with many telling him not to rush releases, but guess what...he continues to work on them and improves them relatively fast.  And anybody who has been here for a bit should know this, he hasn't changed his style, so if you don't like his methods don't download the initial release (Hell, video game companies etc..are doing this sort of thing with their products, releasing them not being fully complete) and updating them with fixes...and yet people rush out to pay for stuff that isn't complete. 

All I'm saying is give the guy a break already with the advice on him to just work on one character, like you want/wish and let him do what he wants.

I look forward to updates, as I have yet to even download this Cervantes until he is more complete.
#16  November 11, 2013, 02:05:08 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Sounds like you're just being an apologist for poor work ethic.

I think I speak for most people when I say that one, single piece of work in which the artist put his everything into has infinitely more value than a million individual pieces that are only there to fulfill a quota.  Think of your favorite musical album.  The song that the artist put his soul and heart into writing and performing is obviously going to be a million times better than the singles his label made him make or the songs that are only there to fill album space.
#17  November 11, 2013, 02:07:35 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I think I speak for most people when I say that one, single piece of work in which the artist put his everything into has infinitely more value than a million individual pieces that are only there to fulfill a quota.  Think of your favorite musical album.  The song that the artist put his soul and heart into writing and performing is obviously going to be a million times better than the singles his label made him make or the songs that are only there to fill album space.
This, very, very true
Totaly agreed

#18  November 11, 2013, 02:40:29 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Agreed too.

And thx for the great release CVS. Keep going and doing your best (like me... :P)
#19  November 11, 2013, 02:48:20 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

Thirded. Very, very good point. Passion shines through and you can't deny that when you see it.

I will say, and by that I mean in pure honesty, I'm not too much of a fan of CvS artist. I have my reasons. And my thread history with him proves that. However, just like with DuckSS, CvS has shown some improvement within time, and I think that is what matters most. I haven't really played much of CvS's stuff, but from what I read replies wise and have seen, it seems as if he is catching on, and that speaks volumes here at Guild.

Unlike that certain someone CvS pals with. But that is another topic entirely and I don't want to derail this thread.  ::)

I'll give this a shot and post some feedback soon.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#20  November 11, 2013, 07:26:56 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released

EXACTLY!!!! I mean dude no one is trying to tell him what to do but honestly man, you cant expect people here to take your work seriously here if you keep on doing this all the time.....

I actually encourage you to finish the stuff but the thing is, with the time you spends on working on yet another character, you could actually use that time to just focus on one at a time and finish a character....

Releasing something that you can barely play with with because it barely has enough animations for air attacks, ground attacks, or any thing else for that matter is quite odd....

Your entitled to finish stuff however you  want and I see your attempting to update these characters as you go but its the same old song over and over again....

I know there are people who dont care if a character doesn't have anything at all but generally there are a lot of people who play mugen that generally dont want a character that has 1 special move, unfinished normal attacks and 1 hyper that isnt really all that great..... It's like, ask yourself, "Is it really worth me releasing until I make more progress on it"