YesNoOk

SF2 Sean by mugenmonkey (Read 26409 times)

Started by mugenmonkey, November 18, 2013, 06:21:50 pm
Share this topic:
SF2 Sean by mugenmonkey
#1  November 18, 2013, 06:21:50 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
You must defeat my Monkey Paw to stand a chance!
Re: SF2 Sean by mugenmonkey
#2  November 18, 2013, 08:38:19 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
sadly this is the spriteswap of the sf2 dan,with one deleted move
anyway sprites are quacking nice,but you have spriteswaped epic character
#3  November 18, 2013, 09:02:31 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
sadly this is the spriteswap of the sf2 dan,with one deleted move
anyway sprites are quacking nice,but you have spriteswaped epic character

since no one made a sean for sf2 i had to do it myself from a standard character instead of starting from scratch and thanks :)

ROS

#4  November 19, 2013, 12:42:58 am
Looking from the screenshots, it looks like the sprites for Sean are misaligned.
#5  November 19, 2013, 12:50:47 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I really like the concept here. But design wise, Sean is a sleeker, younger shotoboy. Having his head on a yellowed out SF2 Ryu body looks... odd. Ryu's design in SF2 is a little too buff for Sean's style I say the sprites should be edited furthermore to reflect that design element.

Interesting idea though.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

ROS

#6  November 19, 2013, 01:05:25 am
Sean's build is quite similar to Ryu and Ken. He was a head swap after all.

Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:10:14 am by Rosh
#7  November 19, 2013, 01:08:49 am
sean is a ryu/ken headswap in sf3, so it makes sense he'd also be one in sf2. the yellow colors need work, they look... bad. the head looks alright however.
#8  November 19, 2013, 01:09:26 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Sean's build is quite similar to Ryu and Ken.

True. But he is a little smaller. It's kinda like comparing someone who is 220lbs and at 15% bodyfat to someone who is 205lbs and 10% bodyfat. OK, now I'm getting a little ridiculous in my comparisons. :omg:

I think what makes these SF2 edits look a little odd is the yellow: The color makes Sean's midsection and torso a little too bloated. perhaps if those were edited just a little??

sean is a ryu/ken headswap in sf3, so it makes sense he'd also be one in sf2. the yellow colors need work, they look... bad. the head looks alright however.

THIS. Exactly. I just noticed this post right after I submitted mine. It really is the yellow.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#9  November 19, 2013, 01:13:34 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama

I guess I can take care of this. This character seems pretty well done, pretty nice idea actually and quite clever since Sean is a headswap as stated. The head is pretty nicely done, it fits the style pretty well.
Chilling
#10  November 19, 2013, 08:28:19 am
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com

I guess I can take care of this. This character seems pretty well done, pretty nice idea actually and quite clever since Sean is a headswap as stated. The head is pretty nicely done, it fits the style pretty well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, realize this is just a quick sprite edit and a little bit of fun on the side. If anyone would like to edit SF2 Sean you have my full agreement to go through with it.
#11  November 19, 2013, 12:25:23 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/

Thanks for the feedback everyone, realize this is just a quick sprite edit and a little bit of fun on the side. If anyone would like to edit SF2 Sean you have my full agreement to go through with it.

so I can use your character?
it will be my pleasure...
#12  November 19, 2013, 01:55:40 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
The colors aren't a probrem really, since that could be fixed via palettes. It passed long time since someone made an edit of SF2 chars, so I appretiate your effort here, good job on Sean :thumbsup: downloading now

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

9mb

#13  November 19, 2013, 02:13:06 pm
...............dan :???:
I think you're making DAN better.
dan_by_street_spriter-d322rgre
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:22:35 pm by 9mb
#14  November 19, 2013, 02:34:37 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
The colors aren't a probrem really, since that could be fixed via palettes. It passed long time since someone made an edit of SF2 chars, so I appretiate your effort here, good job on Sean :thumbsup: downloading now

I have abit of trouble with palettes because I use paint to edit sprites, but as soon I add the sprite to a character it changes into odd inverted colours (black green and pink,) ugly colours really which dont have nothing to do with the character here's an example:

P.S. This will be my next character in the making!
#15  November 19, 2013, 03:10:06 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
You should contact Guile_N_Roll about Sean and Evil Ryu, He'd probably make use of these sprites and make great characters with them.
#16  November 19, 2013, 05:34:48 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
As far as the gi colors go, Ken's SSF2T start button palette might give you a good base to work from.
#17  November 19, 2013, 05:50:32 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
#18  November 19, 2013, 05:55:42 pm
  • Niigasan
That evil ryu looks ill
#19  November 19, 2013, 06:04:59 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
#20  November 19, 2013, 07:11:53 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
got a link for ken masters??
Don't have a link for a Mugen version handy, but here's a screenshot of the palette I was referring to. You could copy the color values from it. In general when you're shading something yellow, you want to make the shadows a bit toward the orange/brown side, like you see there.

sorted ;) so ive fixed the whole inverted colour problem but now the sprites have gone invisible in-game but everything goes well in fighter factory.
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:17:12 pm by mugenmonkey