Judas STUFF (Read 194665 times)

Started by [Judas], July 10, 2012, 09:42:15 pm
Re: Judas STUFF
#181  October 29, 2013, 01:00:26 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Glad you guys dig it.

This method seems best suited for stances. Taunts, maybe some walk cycles, and doing random tweening (impact and recoil on some attacks, get-hit leaning, etc.) as well. Another tool in the pixel-pusher's toolbox, but only that: a tool. While I haven't fully tested puppet animation and figured out all of its uses, I doubt it'll be a game changer for realistic movement on complicated movements. Subtlety, definitely. More experiments are in store.

I want to give it a shot with some high res sprites some time in the future, but I have other stuff I've been delaying. Stuff from before Sean asked me to for animation assistance and I failed to produce anything for like a month. That was the real Phase One of the whole process. Sketch stuff, hate it, sketch stuff, hate it, sketch stuff, kinda like it, start animating, hate it, ponder other approaches, sketch stuff, hate it, et cetera.
#182  October 29, 2013, 05:00:55 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I really like that animation man! I have been experimenting with subtle animations a lot lately. Things get pretty tricky... it gets fought to make simple things (like the sword) not look jumpy compared to the rest of the animation.

looks really nice!
#183  December 16, 2013, 05:29:58 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Slight resurrection in the form of a question. After my current MYSTERY PROJECT OH SNAP is done, who do I sprite a full set for next? I'm currently torn between Poison (SFxT with USF4 stuff pending its release; also the stuff that she would need for a complete set of CvS2 grooves) and Jolyne Kujo (possibly done in a style reminiscent of Capcom's JJBA fighter, probably slightly arranged when compared to her All Star Battle appearance). Also considering Sagat in legit CvS style, but based on his baggy striped pants alt 2. Thought about spriting the unfulfilled King Cobra character with a combined moveset of Rufus and SFxT Bob (for the lulz). Oni popped up. Should I be able to find decent rips of his moveset, Daigo of Rival Schools would be fun. I'unno. Hit me up with ideas. Obviously, I'm going to choose one and only one because I have a job and a family, but yeah.

It's a good while away between the project I'm doing and the one I'm going to (most likely unsuccessfully) attempt, but I'm planning ahead. Speaking of current stuff, most of my time recently has been going into this full set. The stance is not quite ready, however, so deal with a MYSTERY CHALLENGER!
Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:00:00 pm by AlexSin
#184  December 16, 2013, 05:38:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
My vote goes for poison, there have already been too many attempts that have not yet made it so he needs to finally get made properly.
#185  December 16, 2013, 05:53:53 pm
poison poison poison poison poison
#186  December 16, 2013, 05:58:05 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
jolyne goddamned motherfucking kujo

there's no words in the dictionary sufficient for how much i want that to happen
#187  December 16, 2013, 06:11:01 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Jolyne.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#188  December 16, 2013, 06:12:14 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:00:24 pm by AlexSin
#189  December 16, 2013, 06:32:47 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Poison is pretty much who I figured people would want. Plus, I want to say I saw a set of SFxT screen caps in the form of a meh MUGEN conversion floating around somewhere a while back. I could very easily use that SFF as a reference bible when doing her set.

Jolyne, on the other hand, would need at least a good movelist video made that includes all of her basics and stuff. She'd probably be way more fun to work on, too. Hmm.

Also, yeah. Glad you like the teaser for the full-fledged Jmorph/Judas crossover in the works. Headswap Vice is not good enough. You know, except where she has the same basics and stuff. Even on those, I've been making little adjustments for enhanced fluidity. Animating the subtleties in that Neo Max is proving to be a nice pain in the ass, though, so back to finishing up the stuff she has in common with Vice.
#190  December 16, 2013, 07:06:15 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
The anim looks really smoth. It's great to see projects like this! Good luck.
#191  December 16, 2013, 07:13:46 pm
Would definitely love to see Jolyne picked.
#192  December 16, 2013, 07:17:58 pm
  • SNK is life
Poison - It would go pretty well with a large roster of the SF universe, and you'd get more hyp to build off some momentum.
#193  December 16, 2013, 07:34:16 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Anyone want to point me in the direction of some high quality screen caps to do some testing to see how much work I'm gonna have to put into a potential full Poison set?

For that matter, any programmer interest in either of the two main ones I mentioned? Or any of them, for that matter. With the right programmer on standby, my mind might be even more easily swayed.
#194  December 16, 2013, 07:37:27 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iirc ricochet was working ona poison so he might have some resources, also cvsnb might have video captures of him on his channel, since he did a lot of sxt captures back in the day.
#195  December 16, 2013, 07:52:19 pm
please good Sagat sprites.

Also, mature, yessss
#196  December 16, 2013, 08:36:39 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Jolyne would be awesome. Mugen is lacking content from Stone Ocean.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!

DW

#197  December 16, 2013, 08:40:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#198  December 16, 2013, 08:55:02 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
#199  December 16, 2013, 08:57:42 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Would love to see some gorgeous & new sprites for Poison. That would be fantastic. I dislike the Poisons in mugen due to the sprites, I don´t like those sprites :P

All the options are great thought, I always welcome new cool looking sprites.
Chilling
#200  December 16, 2013, 09:00:10 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
;)