YesNoOk

Fighter Creator - Main Thread (Read 595560 times)

Started by CSGames, December 08, 2013, 03:52:48 pm
Share this topic:
Fighter Creator - Main Thread
#1  December 08, 2013, 03:52:48 pm
  • Fighter Creator Developer
    • fightercreator.webs.com
OVERVIEW

A new, powerful, point and click fighting game creation tool designed to make creating complex fighting games much easier. Fighter Creator has specifically been designed to be easily and completely accessible through an easy to use editor without losing power or flexibility.

FEATURES

Build your own, complete fighting games by creating and then piecing together resources created using the tools Fighter Creator provides :

MENU EDITOR

Design your own title screens, character/stage selection screens, heads up displays, and whatever else you may need for your game.

STAGE EDITOR

Create large, multi-layered stages for players to fight in. Add hazards, destructible objects, secret areas, and more.

GAMEMODE EDITOR

Recreate traditional gamemodes like arcade, story, versus, and time attack or create your own original gamemodes.

CINEMATIC EDITOR

Setup scripted events to display intros and outros for your characters or progress your game's story.

CHARACTER EDITOR

Design complex characters with crazy attacks and special moves. Add support characters, counter attacks, tag teams, and whatever else your characters may need.

SPECIAL EFFECT EDITOR

Easily create amazing, detailed explosions that can damage other players or trigger special stage events.

SAVE FILES SYSTEM

Allows your games to save data so that you could add support for features like unlockable characters.

IMAGE UPSCALING AND POST PROCESSING EFFECTS

Upscale your game's sprites to higher resolutions without pixelating those sprites. Color Grading and Bloom effects allow you to dramatically alter the way game looks in real-time

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (CPU) : 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor.
Memory (RAM) : 2 gigabytes (GB) or more.
Free Hard Disk Space : 100 megabytes (MB)
Graphics Card : DirectX 9 or later.
Display : 1280x720 or any 16:9 Aspect ratio resolution.
Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:41:28 am by CSGames
Re: Fighter Creator
#2  December 12, 2013, 06:05:59 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Nice
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#3  December 12, 2013, 06:23:09 pm
    • Germany
Sounds interesting, did someone test it already?^^
#4  December 12, 2013, 07:26:48 pm
Now testing...

My CPU is too slow. :(
Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:04:03 pm by Niitris
#5  December 12, 2013, 07:45:51 pm
The idea is great, but:

You must enter all external dll dependence:
 - d3dx9_31.dll
 - d3dx9_35.dll
 - d3dx9_43.dll
 - msvcp71.dll
 - msvcr71.dll
 - xinput1_3.dll

Personally I do not like the Metro interface
and you should to add Demo files (characters, stages, scripts, etc.) to understand how it works! :D

The name of your Engine remember me my iFight Creator  :P

#6  December 13, 2013, 04:08:48 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Looks like a M.U.G.E.N. clone to me.
#7  December 13, 2013, 05:47:38 am
The idea is great, but:

You must enter all external dll dependence:
 - d3dx9_31.dll
 - d3dx9_35.dll
 - d3dx9_43.dll
 - msvcp71.dll
 - msvcr71.dll
 - xinput1_3.dll

Personally I do not like the Metro interface
and you should to add Demo files (characters, stages, scripts, etc.) to understand how it works! :D

The name of your Engine remember me my iFight Creator  :P

I'm going to add in a help system for the trial version.

Posted: December 13, 2013, 05:47:57 am
Looks like a M.U.G.E.N. clone to me.
Really?

#8  December 13, 2013, 05:48:27 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Please Ignore Uche, he's the local jester.
#9  December 13, 2013, 11:05:04 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#10  December 13, 2013, 11:19:08 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
How do you edit a chars gameplay system (cvs, cvtw) if theres no coding required?
#11  December 15, 2013, 09:42:16 am
Sorry for the late reply but, you use the Character Move editor to setup gameplay.

Start by creating a new move.

* Move Priority - Moves with a low priority will be canceled out by moves with a higher piority.
* Move Mode - Automatic mode tells the engine to always process this move, Manual mode gives the user control over when the move is processed. ( Use the "Go To Script" or the "Reaction" function to access moves set to manual mode )

Once you've created a move, you now have to add functionality to that move by using functions.

Animating a character.

If you want to setup a basic standing animation for a character :

1) Import the media you need for this animation in the Media Window.

2) Use a series of "Set Image" functions, in the "Entities" folder, to setup the animation.

That was just a very basic example of how the system works but, you will be able to setup almost any type of gameplay mechanic you want by using a combination of different functions and variables.
#12  December 15, 2013, 10:25:11 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Hm, looks interesting. Will have to try this out at some point. :)
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#13  December 31, 2013, 09:23:25 pm
Trying to get another demo up later today, hoping it works a lot better than the previous version.
#14  December 31, 2013, 09:32:06 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
not bad. ima try this out. thanx for the share
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#15  January 02, 2014, 04:57:29 am
Looks interesting, nowadays so many fighting games that can be created by our own 8)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#16  January 04, 2014, 09:09:22 pm
    • Germany
@CSGames

I have some questions.

I see you plan to release your Software on steam, what will the final version cost?

Will the Fighter Creator support chars that a able to transform, like Kaede from Last Blade or Boss Chars who fight in the first round in there "normal" form and change into there "true" form in the final round?

#17  January 04, 2014, 11:57:36 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
lmao
My shitty mugen stuff:
#18  January 05, 2014, 11:10:50 pm
@CSGames

I have some questions.

I see you plan to release your Software on steam, what will the final version cost?

Will the Fighter Creator support chars that a able to transform, like Kaede from Last Blade or Boss Chars who fight in the first round in there "normal" form and change into there "true" form in the final round?
There is going to be a non-commercial and commercial edition of Fighter Creator. The non-commercial edition will cost 10$, and the commercial edition will cost 20$

Yes, you can create characters that can transform.
#19  January 06, 2014, 04:46:28 pm
    • Germany
Yes, you can create characters that can transform.

Thats Nice. :2thumbsup:

There is going to be a non-commercial and commercial edition of Fighter Creator. The non-commercial edition will cost 10$, and the commercial edition will cost 20$

Will the comercial editon have any special features that will not be present in the non-commercial edition?

Btw. I suggest that you get someone who creates sprites for you, if you realy plan to sell your software on steam.
Using Screenshots of licensed Stages and Chars is realy problematic on steam, the game 7 days to die was removed for just using licensed material accidentally for some time too.

And it would good for beginners if your software has a Original Char/Stage/Screenpack, so they would have something to learn from and play a little around before they beginn to create there own stuff with it.
#20  January 09, 2014, 11:02:46 am
Sorry for the long delay, found a couple of issues with FC while testing it out, but the demo should be ready to go no later than tomorrow. Just have to finish the help system.

Will the comercial editon have any special features that will not be present in the non-commercial edition?

Btw. I suggest that you get someone who creates sprites for you, if you realy plan to sell your software on steam.
Using Screenshots of licensed Stages and Chars is realy problematic on steam, the game 7 days to die was removed for just using licensed material accidentally for some time too.

And it would good for beginners if your software has a Original Char/Stage/Screenpack, so they would have something to learn from and play a little around before they beginn to create there own stuff with it.
No, the commercial edition won't have any special features, except for better project protection when distributing your games.
Yeah, I removed all of those things.
And I will definitely include resources for people to use along with a extensive help system.