YesNoOk

Ivy (Finished) (Read 8538 times)

Started by Super Dragon Blade, January 11, 2014, 09:50:32 am
Share this topic:
Ivy (Finished)
#1  January 11, 2014, 09:50:32 am
IVY IS NOW FINISHED I USED THE FEEDBACK AND NOW IVY IS 100% Finished have fun everyone

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
https://www.mediafire.com/?4zotrwdw9b5ptbw

Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:21:10 pm by CVS Artist
Re: Ivy (Done)
#2  January 11, 2014, 10:35:32 am
  • Food and Woman!
So this is the final version? No more update? Download it now!
#3  January 11, 2014, 12:49:52 pm
    • UK
I think the AI needs doing now.
Insert signature here
#4  January 11, 2014, 07:14:56 pm
I don't have anyone to help me with the AI I don't know who can make one if they can then I can update ivy with an AI
#5  January 11, 2014, 07:48:59 pm
    • UK
ShinSmoke has done AI patches, maybe that user can help?
Insert signature here

DW

#6  January 11, 2014, 08:10:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I may try her out to see how she is and drop some feedback for you. I can tell you from experience though, we're never truly done with a char.

Off topic:
Dat Talim... I really, really hope you devote true time and effort in her. Because her base sprites look great. If nothing else, I hope you fully apply yourself with spriting her. Transitional frames, propositions, the whole package. Reference whoever you need to, ask for help/opinions in the Graphics section. Please don't half-ass her. Please. I wish you good luck with everything.
#7  January 11, 2014, 08:20:55 pm
don't worry I make sure that she is fluid in animations and enough special moves and super moves talim will be released this year with amy Cassandra and other sc characters for soul edge 2 full game now I am finishing taki , nightmare, and sophitia
#8  January 11, 2014, 08:37:45 pm
download ivy again I have fix guard sound for attacks
#9  January 11, 2014, 08:45:48 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Her super ports aren't consistent at all. One of them is her in her SC4 outfit, the other is her SC2 outfit and her sprites seem to be her SC2 outfit as well.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#10  January 11, 2014, 08:52:57 pm
yeah some one made the SCIV super portrait its not really bad but I can change it if I can find more images and I can replace it I might not

DW

#11  January 11, 2014, 09:31:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Which one is the SC4 outfit pic? The one that shows when she performs the energy pillar super? Even if it isn't what she's currently wearing, the outfits are close enough to where that doesn't really matter. The one that displays during the energy pillar super looks a lot better. I'd say stick with that one. I don't think there's any need to have two different ones.

That aside, let's get to the heart of things. Honestly, this char isn't too bad. There's a lot of odd things going on with her, but she has the potential to be pretty good with some refinement. You're not done, but you have a pretty solid thing going on here. Let me say some things for feedback....

-Your basic clsns, like for walking, standing, jumping, and I believe running are cool. While some of the attacks are kinda OK, but most, are way too excessive. Reference chars like Rajaa's, JZ's, JMM's, etc. Balanced clsns are the core of how a char should function.

-I find your cancelling options completely odd. See can only cancel from normals into the only EX move she has.

-I find it odd that she only has 1 EX move and it's not relevant to any of her special commands. Although, it's functionality suggests it'd be practical to use it for her QCF + punch specials.

-The move where she sticks her sword in the ground shouldn't otg. At least, not in the way you have it working. It pops p2 back up and allows her to chain it in about 3-4 times.

-Throw works, but is odd with it's ending animations for p2.

-Animation timings need to be reworked for most attacks, to give fluidity to them. Along with frame advantage/disadvantages worked on accordingly to be fair and all.

-Why, oh why, are you using that EXTREMELY old version of my KFM as a template...? Dat shit is old... Like when I first released him old. :-\ Time to upgrade Ms. Artist.

-Get hits could be animated and clsn mapped better. Some of your get hits are using my KFMs clsns... You gotta change things up for the char in question. You can't just leave it the same like that.

-A few extra normals sprited for her would be nice. Dampir's Blair was used as a base for her, so you shouldn't have too much trouble fitting in several more. Just edit some from Blair. Same frame count, don't cut corners, as it'll look bad. Here's the attacks I suggest you could sprite new ones for...

*Standing HP Close
*Standing LK
*Standing HK Close
*Crouching MP
*Crouching LK
*Jumping MP
*Jumping MK

-Her sprites need to be raised for all her air attacks, as she "sinks" when performing them. I'd suggest doing this in the AIR file and not the sprites themselves in the SFF.

-Running sprites look like they sink as well.

-She could use some actually rolling forward/back sprites as well. Once again, feel free to take from Dampir/XCB's Blair for this. As it'd be the easiest base for you to work from.

-You need slash hit sparks for her sword attacks.

All and all, she's not too bad as I said. Some more refining would make her a very good, solid character. She's pretty simple, though her moves if done right, can be quite effective. And that's what counts. I'm "on the ropes" with things so to speak... I have some things going myself... Though, I can envision a pretty finished product of her. It wouldn't be hard either. So... I'm not making any promises... But... I may put some personal work in on her myself and send you the results. Maybe... It all depends on my mood and all. :P Currently I'm in a pretty good mood and can see the final product as I said. However, tomorrow may be another story... Especially since I got my own projects I need to get to. Anyway, only time will tell...
Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:37:53 pm by DivineWolf
#12  January 11, 2014, 10:04:23 pm
ivy has only one ex move because im trying to make the sc characters unique when doing special moves so its different from traditional characters special moves like SFIII for CVS2

I will get these fixed and post a new link I just hope everyone will be ok with these updates and I don't have cvs blair dame rolling sprites to make rolling sprites for ivy

im not going to add slash hit sparks because for soul edge 2 there will be no slash hit sparks like in the soul calibur games (SCV)

DW

#13  January 11, 2014, 10:26:31 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-I find only one EX move inconsistent with what you based the char from. Along with it being more odd than unique. But OK.

-Just DL XCB's Blair from RandomSelect and use the sprites from her.

-Huh...? It's been a really long time since I've played an SC game, but that seems odd. But OK as well.
Re: Ivy updated
#14  January 12, 2014, 07:29:38 am
ivy will be finished after I use the feedback divine wolf gave me then I will move on to taki and finish her then finish nightmare
Re: Ivy updated
#15  January 12, 2014, 08:43:19 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Good release, will download. You're getting progressively better with every update mate

Re: Ivy (Finished)
New #16  January 12, 2014, 11:23:31 pm
DivineWolf - there were no other sprites of Blair I could use for the other basic attacks but this is not really a problem I fixed all the other problems now ivy is done

enjoy everyone

TAKI IS NEXT!

if you like to give ivy an AI then you can and send it to me so I can post it here for an AI patch download for Ivy
Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:35:13 pm by CVS Artist