YesNoOk

Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine) (Read 559854 times)

Started by Makunouchi Ippo, September 25, 2013, 02:43:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine)
#261  January 16, 2014, 09:26:17 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
The toughest thing to make (Or import) will be the animations, unless somebody knows about an animation importing software. I'd really like to import some animations from old Playstation, Saturn and N64 games.
Imagine, Fighters Megamix without that "funny" chars (Including Kumachan) and with the Last Bronx cast in their place!
#262  January 16, 2014, 09:32:58 pm
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
One more question: Somebody wants a Lycanthrope (Bloody Roar-like). Is there a way to the "MAX" bar, when full, enable transformation (As Bloody Roar's "Beast" bar), changing the character to another model and moveset?
#263  January 16, 2014, 10:08:42 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Actually I meant to ask about that too. Does the game allow for transformations? And is it possible to speed up or slow down either of the players in-game via super? Is there somewhere to make suggestions to add things?
#264  January 17, 2014, 12:58:49 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
I don't think a "suggestion box" be a good idea right now, the box will be flooded by silly suggestions and requests. Let's spread the word and await a more improved release.
#265  January 17, 2014, 09:21:55 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
I'm very grad if you follow me!
https://twitter.com/EF12project
tweet latest news everyday on it.
#266  January 18, 2014, 02:12:43 am
    • Brazil
    • ondashiz@yahoo.com.br
Wow, I just talked and it happened. xD
I've seen some videos of the new version. Now, customizations are possible, KwonHo-style.
And my boss is lagging to release my cash, to buy my graphic board... My hands are scratching to explore the EF-12!
#267  January 21, 2014, 11:24:03 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Looks pretty good. I'm starting to think Mugen could possibly evolve to something like this.
#268  January 21, 2014, 11:34:08 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Are there any news of EF getting on Steam yet?
#269  January 22, 2014, 04:15:20 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Oh! so uh...I'm noticing EF-12 uses a lot of odd file types...or I guess I should say "File types I've never seen before". Is there a list somewhere that shows what programs can open/edit what file extensions? It made me sad when I thought I was editing the GUI textures but it just made them transparent...
#270  January 22, 2014, 10:06:52 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
Oh! so uh...I'm noticing EF-12 uses a lot of odd file types...or I guess I should say "File types I've never seen before". Is there a list somewhere that shows what programs can open/edit what file extensions? It made me sad when I thought I was editing the GUI textures but it just made them transparent...

You mean you don't know DDS format?
#271  January 22, 2014, 07:31:31 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
...nope... before now I've never used the DDS format, but when I try to open it in photoshop any changes I make just turn the texture transparent... but that's probably more my fault than anything. And I'm pretty sure that's in the tutorial.
The main ones though are LOX and LDE. I haven't seen them before and I don't know what to open them with either.
Is that bad?
#272  January 22, 2014, 08:38:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
afaik, this engine uses generic 3d formats, it does not use propietary ones, so you can just google tutorials on how to work those formats.
#273  January 22, 2014, 08:52:51 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Hmmm. I guess I'll have to look harder.
#274  January 23, 2014, 03:09:18 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
#275  January 23, 2014, 01:28:30 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
I have the plugin already, I just must be saving it as the incorrect format, because the color changes show up in photoshop, but appear as greyscale in EF-12. But if I open up the texture after I've changed it, it appears in greyscale as well. I've only made basic color changes so far (or PaletteSwaps, whatever)
#276  January 23, 2014, 02:44:47 pm
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com
Yes, DXT5-NM changes his RGBA channels. Before save, you must save original file.
DDS is lossy compression.
Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:51:20 pm by EF-12
#277  January 24, 2014, 02:39:14 am
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
Kinda curious, but when the game's in a stable state, would you release the source code to the public? So maybe other coders can add their own features if they were making their own full game? If the answer's no, I'll understand.
#278  January 28, 2014, 07:46:48 pm
    • Canada
    • briandoa@gmail.com
I have a question when exporting models through softimage. Do I use the crosswalk .dll with softimage or do I use the one included with fool tools?
#279  January 29, 2014, 10:42:52 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Are there any news of EF getting on Steam yet?
#280  February 11, 2014, 07:27:53 pm
Here's my plan:

I bought 4 Playstation Eye Camera's for $17.99 a piece (Cheap) on amazon. These little beauties actually motion capture at 60 FPS (640 x 480) believe it or not AND you can download drivers to make them PC compatible. My plan is to use these as motion capture cameras to help animate my 3D models (using MotionBuilder) and hopefully make the models appear more human like. They detect infrared light which I can jerry rig into a one piece suit, enabling me to motion capture my body. We'll see how it works out ^_^

I also have two questions for EF-12:

1. I read somewhere that you aren't supporting "pet characters" as in, more than one character model per character unless it acts like an assist in marvel (temporary). What if I made two character models but saved them as one and animated them together? Could I cheat it that way?

2. Can I designate regions in EF-12? If I could do that technically couldn't I cheat environmental effects? Like electric projectile enters water region and electrifies it? Basically change the properties of something based on where it is on the screen
Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:41:32 pm by wirestyle22