YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2452368 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Ryo palette template up + the true meaning of Christmas
#3941  January 23, 2014, 11:29:06 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Awesome! Keep it up and cant wait. Please don't slap me! Im a teenager in heart. :stars:
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Ryo palette template up + the true meaning of Christmas
#3942  January 23, 2014, 05:26:30 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
The only thing that bugs me about the Zanretsuken is how Ryo moves his head up when doing the highest punch. It sticks out more in the KOF version since he only does the high punch once; in the original CVS version he does the punch twice, and the overall more chaotic nature of the motion makes the head-bobbing blend in a bit more I guess. Without the head jerking out of position for just the 1 frame, I think the KOF version would look perfectly fine.
#3943  January 23, 2014, 05:43:28 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I sense a disturbance in the force :curtain:
#3944  January 23, 2014, 07:21:22 pm
  • SNK is life
@Jiggeh: While I understand your concern, and making that change for it to look closer to the original SNK games (The AOF and KOF versions of this move represent an overall stiffer pose on everything except the punches being thrown), given how dynamic the whole animation looks I think it doesn't look out of place at all.

#3945  January 23, 2014, 08:20:22 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Free with no charge! One of my favorite fighter done by, one of my favorite creator. Tell me what you think, to much or just right.

#3946  January 23, 2014, 11:52:54 pm
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
#3947  January 24, 2014, 01:42:41 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Thanks man.
#3948  January 24, 2014, 03:05:02 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

almost done

The only thing that bugs me about the Zanretsuken is how Ryo moves his head up when doing the highest punch. It sticks out more in the KOF version since he only does the high punch once; in the original CVS version he does the punch twice, and the overall more chaotic nature of the motion makes the head-bobbing blend in a bit more I guess. Without the head jerking out of position for just the 1 frame, I think the KOF version would look perfectly fine.
I guess, but I think even then it'd look a bit weird. Still not as bad as 98's Zanretsuken, the head bob on that looked pretty bad.

Free with no charge! One of my favorite fighter done by, one of my favorite creator. Tell me what you think, to much or just right.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae277/jrvs8ds/Ryo_zps2e64bb6d.png
Looks good. Is this for a custom portrait? I'm not really sure how those all work.
#3949  January 24, 2014, 03:14:02 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
@Jmorphman, yeah man you can add it to his folder. Think of it as a add-on for those who have custom screen packs. Thanks for the comment as well.
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Ryo beta up
#3950  January 24, 2014, 07:31:09 am
    • USA
Ryo beta

Things of note: there are some minor things that are missing, like the final small portrait, the big portrait, super finish text, palettes, etc.; in addition, I haven't gotten around to addressing a few system problems (as an example, something I just remembered I forgot to do: P2 being able to recover from sweeps). I am concerned about the damage output Ryo is capable of, so please tell me any combos of note you find and their respective damages, as well as your opinion on the voice for Raijinsetsu (is it too soft?) and the animation of EX Zanretsuken (the final two punches), as well as anything else.
#3951  January 24, 2014, 07:48:48 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Suggestions:
-Make Hyochuwari (when chained into) able to cancel into supers like in KOF 13?
-Raijinsetsu definitely needs more oomph on its impact.

Combos I found with kinda suspect damage:
-j.C--c.Y--c.Y<EX Hien Shippukyaku--Z Koho<Ryuko Ranbu (Damage: 574)

I'd find more but I gotta get to bed.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3952  January 24, 2014, 08:16:07 am
    • USA
Oh, I forgot to mention, do not try the AI. He has Kim's AI, and I don't know what is going to happen if he's controlled by the AI. So don't tell me about any errors you see if you're not controlling him.

Suggestions:
-Make Hyochuwari (when chained into) able to cancel into supers like in KOF 13?
Might as well make it not completely useless.

-Raijinsetsu definitely needs more oomph on its impact.
The voice, right? Not the actual hit?

Combos I found with kinda suspect damage:
-j.C--c.Y--c.Y<EX Hien Shippukyaku--Z Koho<Ryuko Ranbu (Damage: 574)

I'd find more but I gotta get to bed.
Hmm. Keep 'em coming. I need to decide whether to more dramatically increase the dampener if EX Hien Shippukyaku is used, much like Vice's EX Deicide.
#3953  January 24, 2014, 10:28:53 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I got one
- Jump HP, HP, EX Kyokugenryu Renbuken, EX Hien Shippukyaku, MP Zanrestuken, Lvl.2 Ryukoranbu, Kogeki = 695 damage

Now for misc.
- When timed right, HP ->Kyokugenryu Renbuken is an infinite
- Aside from damage and barely being able to combo into Lvl.2 Haoh Shokouken, what's the use for HP Zanrestuken.  With LP and MP versions, you can cancel into supers, but with the HP version, they miss.
- No OTG for EX Raijinsetsu?
- Just curious, but why only fireball for Ko'oken and not the wave fist (thought it was gonna be wave fist and fireball for EX versions, unless I missed something)
#3954  January 24, 2014, 10:46:07 am
    • USA
- When timed right, HP ->Kyokugenryu Renbuken is an infinite
Darn, I thought I wouldn't have to add a limiter to Renbuken's juggle reset. Oh well, easy enough to fix.

- Aside from damage and barely being able to combo into Lvl.2 Haoh Shokouken, what's the use for HP Zanrestuken.  With LP and MP versions, you can cancel into supers, but with the HP version, they miss.
Also P2 can't recover from LP/MP Zanretsuken! Yeah I dunno, it's at least slightly better than most KOF's, where the damage is the same. I think I'll maybe reduce the damage a bit for LP/MP and increase the HP damage slightly. In any event, it's really only useful for meterless combos, I guess.

- No OTG for EX Raijinsetsu?
Eh, doesn't seem worth it; Ryo already has Kogeki and all. And aerial Ko'oken can too (though most characters will already have gotten up by the time the projectile would hit them).

- Just curious, but why only fireball for Ko'oken and not the wave fist (thought it was gonna be wave fist and fireball for EX versions, unless I missed something)
I'm not a fan of 96+ style Ko'oken; but EX Ko'oken does have some of it's properties (moves Ryo forward a bit, is more advantageous on block)
#3955  January 24, 2014, 11:20:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
From the look of the video, it seems the EX Kick gets Ryo some power back.
#3956  January 24, 2014, 11:30:39 am
    • USA
oops
#3957  January 24, 2014, 12:05:57 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
EX Ko'oken gives back power as well and air EX Ko'oken doesn't take power.

Why are all 3 versions of Raijinsetsu the same distance?
#3958  January 24, 2014, 12:36:25 pm
Raijinsetsu just sounds off compared to the rest of his sounds.
Some of Ryo's voice clips from KoF just don't mix with his CvS vocals.
#3959  January 24, 2014, 03:42:57 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
The first hit of Ryuuko Ranbu might need a flag for the opponent to face Ryo. Sometimes you get funky results if it hits an airborne opponent while passing past by.

The first hit of Renbuken resets an airborne opponent when they're idle, but it doesn't if they're falling.

I'm guessing you disabled air Ko'ou Ken from a short jump on purpose, it would be pretty nice to be able to end some knockdown combos with an OTG Ko'ou Ken.

Instead of allowing it from a short jump, why not make him able to do it from a back hop? Most of the time players do it from a back hop in order to do OTG combos, too.

MAX Haou Shokou Ken is unblockable at point blank range.

Compatibility with Hon-Fu by Tora? :3

Edit: I somehow feel like his meter gain or damage is insanely high.

In the corner: (c.LK)x2 -> s.LP -> s.MP -> HP Renbuken -> EX Zanretsuken. (347 dmg)

He can do this at any time since the previous combo builds enough meter for any EX move to connect.

Might be possible to do even more things using a EX Hien Shippu Kyaku instead.

Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:51:42 pm by Vans
#3960  January 24, 2014, 06:01:53 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns