YesNoOk

WeaponLord Stages- Collect the whole set! (Read 13509 times)

Started by davismaximus, February 17, 2014, 08:33:55 am
Share this topic:
WeaponLord Stages- Collect the whole set!
#1  February 17, 2014, 08:33:55 am
Treetops

-Animated-
-Parallax-
-BGM Included-

Skull Gods

-Animated Parallax-
-BGM Included-

Cursed Path

-Parallax-
-Animated-
-BGCtrls-
-BGM Included-

Circle Of Horns

-Parallax-
-Animated-
-BGM Included-

Dragon Arena

-Parallax-
-Animated-
-BGM Included-

Evil Sands

-Parallax-
-Animated-
-BGM Included-

Destiny Battle

-Parallax-
-Animated-
-BGM Included-
Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:02:06 pm by davismaximus
Re: WeaponLord - Treetops & Skull Gods
#2  February 17, 2014, 05:44:40 pm
Updated first post with new stage.  I'll continually update this thread with new WL stages.
#3  February 17, 2014, 10:42:27 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
cool did not really liked the gameplay but the sprite and the stages where awesome
thanks for the release
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4  February 17, 2014, 11:25:16 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Digging the Skull Gods stage.

What effect did the original stage use ? Isn't it possible to "just" rip the sprites as a full animation and be done with it ? Or is there some randomization involved ?
Also, the delta on the skulls feels odd, but whatever.
#5  February 18, 2014, 12:21:45 am
Unfortunately I was never able to get this game to run correctly on my emulator, it either crashes immediately or only gets to the main menu. So I've been using these sprite rips, which don't include the wave effect for the sky.  I also noticed each stage has some parallax going on, so I'll have to split up some of the sprites and incorporate that as well.  That's also most likely why the delta on the skulls looks a little off.

You can see the effect here, at about 10:20.

I'll see if I can actually get the game running to get some better rips, thanks for the comments guys.
Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:29:24 am by davismaximus
#6  February 18, 2014, 12:42:37 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
SNES9X runs Weaponlord almost perfectly in my experience.

And congrats on doing one of the two Weaponlord stages that I refused to even try to convert back when I wasn't burned out of creating Mugen content. Skull Gods' mode seven background layer was such a pain in the ass to try to figure out that I just threw my hands up in the air and gave up. If you manage to figure out the pattern behind the snowfall in Cursed Path, you truly are a god.
#7  February 18, 2014, 01:26:47 am
Fusion runs perfect weaponlod for sega genesis, the stages are less animated than the snes version, but the game play is better.
#8  February 18, 2014, 01:30:01 am
    • Indonesia
Nice release you got there, and this reminds me to update old stages of mine.

If you manage to figure out the pattern behind the snowfall in Cursed Path, you truly are a god.

This.

Made that stage a while back ago and the snow pattern confused me to death, so i leave it in my way. The scaling even made the stage uglier and i'm not sure to update it.

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server

Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:33:31 am by Ryoucchi
#9  February 18, 2014, 03:05:03 am
Thanks guys, I'll check out SNES9X and Fusion and see if I can get some better rips.

I updated the Skull Gods stage with animated parallax (first time trying this, probably could be better), adjusted deltas, and wider bounds.  I left the back sky as is for the time being, I'll see what can be done with it later.

As for the snowfall pattern on Cursed Path, it doesn't look too bad at first glance, but I'm sure once I try it I'll be pulling my hair out.
#10  February 18, 2014, 05:45:53 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wait... WeaponLord stages!? Holy shit!! Congrats on your releases; it's awesome to see WL get some much needed Mugen treatment.

I also look forward to your future releases. I'd also recommend basing your stages off of the SNES version since the graphics were much better. But that's just me.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
New #11  February 18, 2014, 07:20:06 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Man I loved this game! These look great. Animated Parallax = Extreme Epicness!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:19:19 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
Re: WeaponLord Stages- Cursed Path Added 2/18
#12  February 19, 2014, 03:50:51 am
Thanks guys, appreciate it!

@Saikoro:  I'll definitely be using the SNES rips.  SNES9x seems to run the game pretty well on my system, so I'll have some decent material to work with.

Anyways, I added Cursed Path to the first post.  Check it out and let me know what you think.
#13  February 19, 2014, 04:30:03 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Cursed Path was my fav stage in the game. I actually thought about making it a while back but got scared off because of the different changing snow patterns. So a big thanks for making it.
#14  February 20, 2014, 02:22:10 am
Thanks Electro, hopefully I did it justice.  I may change the timing up on the pattern and make it transition a little better, but I'm working on the next stage for the time being.

I updated the Treetops stage today with a parallax floor by the way, all 0 of you who downloaded it, lol.
#15  February 20, 2014, 04:09:55 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Googled about WeaponLord after see those screens, and hell! That's some pretty interesting game. I blame myself for not having known this game before!

Very good stages. I love the music of Cursed Path (though the SNES version is slightly better), and the way you converted the snow of that place. ^_^
#16  February 21, 2014, 02:42:06 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Re: WeaponLord Stages- Circle Of Horns Added 2/21
#17  February 22, 2014, 02:16:53 am
Cleaned up the first post and added the Circle Of Horns stage.  Just click the pictures to download.
#18  February 22, 2014, 06:53:57 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
nice stage work bruh, good chizz.

i'm a big fan of WeaponLord, & dug how unique & awesome tha system was 1ce you took tha time out to learn it; it lead to some truly awesome combo-carnage. & this is still tha only game i've seen where fatalities are open & kustom as hell; havin' multiple ways to maim & slaughter your opponent in 1 fell swoop, with tha only thing limitin' you is your skill & your depth of imagination/depravity of pullin' it off is still epic as phukk.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#19  February 23, 2014, 01:03:29 am
  • I must continue my training...
I agree 100%.  Combos into fatalities.  Truly a masterpiece to behold. And not just a single fatality but sometimes multiple.  Boy oh boy that circle of horns...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#20  February 23, 2014, 02:26:40 am
could you increment the volume of the cursed path mp3?