YesNoOk

Thanos UPDATED 03/10/14 (Read 27716 times)

Started by -Whiplash-, March 05, 2014, 02:03:44 pm
Share this topic:
Thanos UPDATED 03/10/14
New #1  March 05, 2014, 02:03:44 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey Guys, For about 2 Weeks I've been working on this character, and now, I've pretty much found and fixed most of what I can on my own and need help with finding/fixing some bugs. This Is My First Character so don't expect perfection or something.

Screenshots:

Video:

I've tried to base the move properties off MVC2, however they aren't exact, there are a few moves that aren't like source for 1 or 2 reasons. Please read the Readme before telling me about a problem and, if you know how can you tell me how to fix the problems listed there and also if you find any of your own tell me so I can attempt to fix those too.

Get him Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?g00fs7le6rlmoiv
Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:54:54 am by -Whiplash-
Re: Thanos Beta
#2  March 05, 2014, 02:13:21 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I know someone that made an EPIC, the most awesome 1.0 Thanos WarZone Win portrait  I've ever seen in my entire life. :)
And you're using his screenpack! :D
It looks good from what  I've seen from the video.
#3  March 05, 2014, 02:15:35 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#4  March 05, 2014, 02:19:44 pm
    • USA
awesome Thanos now I can delete Splode's version  :)
Nice job!
Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:53:04 pm by gknux19
#5  March 05, 2014, 02:42:06 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Yes, I was speaking of this one. :)
#6  March 05, 2014, 04:56:55 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
pretty good thanos whip
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

MDI

Re: Thanos
#7  March 06, 2014, 03:13:10 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Interesting. Now we have an alternate to Splode's Thanos! From the video he looks pretty damn good. Definitely gonna check this out.
ey
#8  March 06, 2014, 04:01:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
To get more accurate CLSNs you want to use MAME- rr and/or FBA-rr using the lua scripts to display CLSN boxes for Marvel Super Heroes
#9  March 06, 2014, 04:10:49 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
To get more accurate CLSNs you want to use MAME- rr and/or FBA-rr using the lua scripts to display CLSN boxes for Marvel Super Heroes

I was going to do that, but some of his moves from MVC2 do not exist in that game, and I'm unsure how accurate to MVC2 they'd be due to his status as a boss character in MSH, but I'll give it a try.

Okay I got them. jeez a lot of these are pretty lousy. I'll keep the hitboxes I have for the moves exclusively from MVC2 and use these for the ones that are from MSH.

Also, I think there are frames missing in MVC2? I think I will add those also, Splode ripped them, so I think I'll just use his rips. I doubt he'll care.
Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:36:12 am by -Whiplash-
#10  March 06, 2014, 04:53:33 pm
One bug found on first test:

doing a very small jump then immediately pressing Down+C makes him go past the floor. Fixing this with posset makes him slide forward on the floor for the full 20 animelems. Suggest to add another changestate on top of the posset to correct this.

Also, the red clsn for his standing Z should reach further back into his arm, such that enemies who stand right next to him will also get hit.

Will report more bugs if I find them.
Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:15:42 pm by BoyBoyz
#11  March 06, 2014, 08:32:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Depending on how much time you really want to put into the accuracy you can try XG's method with artmoney to figure out CLSN

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1916856

You can also use it to gather velocity, life, damage, etc data
#12  March 07, 2014, 02:36:48 am
What an awesome surprise, been hoping someone would tackle Thanos.  He feels pretty tight to me, and I like how you decided to go with the non-boss version.

Here's some crappy feedback/suggestions:
-Launcher could use some work, it seems like it doesn't launch the opponent up high/fast enough to get a good aerial combo going.
-His B+HP throw looks weird how the opponent just teleports to the other side before the slam.  I think it would look better if he swung them around his head and slammed them behind him instead.
-IMO Death Sphere traps the opponent for too long.
-Could just be my keyboard, but diagonal superjumps don't always come out when pressed.
-Any chance of getting his Rock Wave and Fire Wave command moves?  Maybe as specials instead?

Excellent work so far, good luck with him and your future work!
#13  March 07, 2014, 03:24:45 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Nice~! Looking forward to this MvC2 Thanos. I'd like to suggest if you'd like to add a custom feature to this character, it would be a Mind Gem Hyper--- Wherein he'll temporarily regain his boss versions of HP, crouching HP, HK, crouching HK normals as well damage buff for a limited time.
#14  March 07, 2014, 03:30:57 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Updated

- Dive no longer goes through the floor.
- Hard Punch hit boxes tweeked
- Fireball no longer shrinks on hit, because it doesn't work the way I want it to (I want it to shrink as it gets closer to the wall)
- Intro from MSH added.
- Extra frames from MSH added (except the shoulder dive ATM, since converting it to kong's crappy palette was proving to be a pain in the ass.)

Gonna work on making it more accurate to MSH (and as close as I can to MVC2 for certain moves as possible)

Depending on how much time you really want to put into the accuracy you can try XG's method with artmoney to figure out CLSN

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1916856

You can also use it to gather velocity, life, damage, etc data

Cool I'm gonna try this out tonight.

EDIT: after reading that.. jesus I don't think I need to do that as I have the frame data running on FBR and have all the hitboxes already ripped and just have to implement them, (should only take an hour r too when I'm up for it.)

What an awesome surprise, been hoping someone would tackle Thanos.  He feels pretty tight to me, and I like how you decided to go with the non-boss version.

Here's some crappy feedback/suggestions:
-Launcher could use some work, it seems like it doesn't launch the opponent up high/fast enough to get a good aerial combo going.

That's how his launcher worked in MVC2 (somewhat, there is a bit of difference) It was harder to air combo off of just the launcher alone, you had to hit with crouching medium first, I tried to increase the values the aeriels knocked the opponent up, but that made things wonky when you weren't air combing.

-His B+HP throw looks weird how the opponent just teleports to the other side before the slam.  I think it would look better if he swung them around his head and slammed them behind him instead.

That's EXACTLY how it acts in MVC2. I Might change it, since it is rather crappy, but I hate having to figure out the damn grab bind positions, in fact I hated them so much I used Kong's.

-IMO Death Sphere traps the opponent for too long.

I think I'll change the amount it traps you for, you know you can mash buttons to escape faster right? that's why I made it as long as it is.

-Could just be my keyboard, but diagonal superjumps don't always come out when pressed.

I can do it just fine, but I can try tweaking it.

-Any chance of getting his Rock Wave and Fire Wave command moves?  Maybe as specials instead?

I was thinking about adding the Time, Mind and the standing HK, Crouching HP and HK as specials but I was kinding thinking of making this somewhat accurate to MVC2 and I'm nt sure about it, but I'm thinking about it, the sprites and Animations ARE there.

Nice~! Looking forward to this MvC2 Thanos. I'd like to suggest if you'd like to add a custom feature to this character, it would be a Mind Gem Hyper--- Wherein he'll temporarily regain his boss versions of HP, crouching HP, HK, crouching HK normals as well damage buff for a limited time.

That's sounds like a great Idea, I'll try it later this week.
Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:15:19 am by -Whiplash-
Re: Thanos UPDATED 03/06/14
#15  March 07, 2014, 06:08:35 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Whiplash my old friend. I am really proud of you man. Like seriously

Making your first character is always a long process that can be challenging. And for yours to be Thanos and he plays good for your first try at this says alot.

I hope to see more from you and aside from everything you have already fixed I haven't found any bugs but if i do I will let you know.

Keep up the good work dude!
#16  March 07, 2014, 07:03:33 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is pretty nice, especially for a 1st character. :)

- No super jump by pressing 3K (or is it 3P) ?
- During neutral super jump, you're supposed to be able to move forward/backward by holding directions.
- All supers are missing a noFG assertspecial.
- Thanos slides a little when launching from a non neutral jump, while he should get vel X= 0.
#17  March 07, 2014, 08:12:52 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I've tried this Thanos. In addition to what the rest has said. When Thanos is draining life with Soul Gem, he should be invulnerable while draining energy, since any projectile type attack or assist can hit him.

This is a good Thanos, but needs some of those important fixes. You're going in the right way.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
New #18  March 07, 2014, 10:30:06 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
This is pretty nice, especially for a 1st character. :)

- No super jump by pressing 3K (or is it 3P) ?
- During neutral super jump, you're supposed to be able to move forward/backward by holding directions.
- All supers are missing a noFG assertspecial.
- Thanos slides a little when launching from a non neutral jump, while he should get vel X= 0.

-Actually I did this today, I was gonna update the hitboxes before uploading it again.
- Fixed
- Fixed
- What do you mean by this?

I've tried this Thanos. In addition to what the rest has said. When Thanos is draining life with Soul Gem, he should be invulnerable while draining energy, since any projectile type attack or assist can hit him.

Fixed this now too.

There will a new version with MSH hitboxes  and all those fixes coming sometime today or tomorrow.

UPDATE, re-download:

- added missing required sprites
- fixed up walking hitboxes
- changed dash effects
- launcher tweaked. you can now combo off just the launcher itself, but you won't get as much hits as if you hit with Crouching Medium punch first.
-  got rid of the invalid animations
- lowered damage and tweaked dampener
-resized sprite and knockback and reality hyper tweaked accordingly
-you can now move during a neutral superjump
- Hypers no longer leave the foreground of a stage visable
- Recovery rolls added
- You can now dash by pushing 2 Punches
- You can now superJump by pushing 2 Kicks
- Bubble traps for about a 3rd of the previous amount
- Soul Hyper is now invincible during the grabbing animation.

UPDATE AGAIN:
-MSH Accurate (for the most part, since he has some move he didn't have in that game) hitboxes added.
- Crappy hyper-aggressive AI added. (working on this right now.)
Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:54:16 am by -Whiplash-