YesNoOk

Hyper Dragon Ball Z: April 2014 initial release thread + discussion (Read 419162 times)

Started by Iced, April 05, 2014, 05:48:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hyper Dragon Ball Z
#21  April 06, 2014, 05:14:58 am
point us? what the fuck are you, venom?

here's where i got the idea that you don't want any credits. i don't know why you're bringing up a post you made 5 months ago like i'm (or anyone else is) supposed to remember
I told to Cybaster to don't write me a paragraph or nothing in Freezer's credits
this, to me, reads like you don't want a paragraph or anything in the readme. that you don't want to be mentioned. that you don't want to be credited. maybe you meant something else in that line, i chalk it up to your decidedly poor english. as far as i can tell you'll be credited in the freeza readme, because as far as i know cybaster credits all contributors. i am sure the list iced posted does not include everybody that contributed to the characters, and it's not supposed to be a list that mentions everybody. you're overreacting and being really fucking weird in general
#22  April 06, 2014, 06:17:58 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
sounds like a misunderstanding probably should have been handled in pm's because it brings unnecessary negativity to the thread.
#23  April 06, 2014, 08:03:30 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You might confuse some people you're introducing your works to for the first time with that Dragonball-version of Yamcha, while the rest remain Z-related characters.

Also thought the sample pack came with the screen pack and life bars and such shown in the video, not just a default Mugen with the 5 released characters.  Might want to clarify that.

Slightly unrelated, just noticed from the link to Balthazar's site.  Saibamen's description has a typo.  And Goku's become Vegeta.

Otherwise, yeah, pretty epic looking, guys.
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:15:17 am by Long John Killer
#24  April 06, 2014, 09:54:04 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
#25  April 06, 2014, 10:14:44 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Strenght should be strength.
#26  April 06, 2014, 10:28:43 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Ok thank man, fixed!
#27  April 06, 2014, 10:50:15 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
To Chamat:
In the credits: "...and many more..." so you're also credited in some way.

HQ

#28  April 06, 2014, 12:42:35 pm
It might sound stupid and probably also depends on how much sprites are also based on existing animations, but did you guys ever think about actually purchasing the Dragonball licence for this?- generating money over kickstarter then would cause no problem. There are some kickstarters where the teams actually purchased quite famous licences in order to make their project happen.

If you'd make a kickstarter you could have goals be certain more characters - like Muten Roshi from DB for example.

#29  April 06, 2014, 01:00:26 pm
    • Netherlands
Sure, how much would such a thing cost though, purchasing the DBZ licence? Like a million billion dollars?
I'm not familiar with those kind of things.
#30  April 06, 2014, 02:13:26 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Pretty cool trailer :) Keep it up.

EDIT: In some future, are you guys gonna use force's Trunks sprites?
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:20:50 pm by Chazzanova

HQ

#31  April 06, 2014, 02:29:07 pm
Sure, how much would such a thing cost though, purchasing the DBZ licence? Like a million billion dollars?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground

They got the licence for example. I dont know about it either, but seeing that this very very famous game will be continued by fans with the licence makes me want to believe that it might be possible to get the licence for your game as well, defining it for example as a sequel to SB, HD or DragonballZ (for Arcade). While it all might sound like dreaming, doing some research in that matter wont hurt I think :)

also is this for real?/from you guys?  https://www.facebook.com/HyperDBZ
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:44:44 pm by voidednumb
#32  April 06, 2014, 05:59:42 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Don't do it. They'll only turn it into a mobile game.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#33  April 06, 2014, 06:05:46 pm
    • Netherlands
Don't worry, I don't have a million billion dollars handy anyway ;)
#34  April 06, 2014, 06:29:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We should do a kickstarter so you can get the license so we can do a kickstarter!
#35  April 06, 2014, 06:39:05 pm
  • the second life is the best
#36  April 06, 2014, 06:45:53 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
#37  April 06, 2014, 06:50:20 pm
#38  April 06, 2014, 06:55:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Well, I can conform with a typical MUGEN fullgame with this, if you ask me :P

I mean, there's enough material to ensemble a great fullgame here

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#39  April 06, 2014, 06:55:53 pm
the fb page is legit
#40  April 06, 2014, 06:56:10 pm
Yes indeed. I was wondering the same thing. The discription has a note that this isn't a full game project but, there is a page wich leads to full game as hints. Maybe it's just to promote the Z2 style in general. It could be something like Choujin's DBZ and that Mugen DBZ Dream wich allows you to get all the files and with that, you can build your own game.