YesNoOk

INFORMATION (Read 27440 times)

Started by HQ, April 14, 2014, 07:04:38 pm

HQ

INFORMATION
#1  April 14, 2014, 07:04:38 pm
The most recent updates will be posted in here. Every final decision taken will be noted here.

MugenFightersGuild presents
"Street Fighter"
You can find all the current game progress in the dropbox

Goals
Phase 1 - get a working template created using Ryu.
Phase 2 - get Chun-Li, Birdie, and Eagle done.

Characters
Ryu / our template, our GOD
Movelist
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Chun-Li / our Chinese heroine
Movelist

Birdie / our British Punk Rocker
Movelist

Eagle / our U.K. bouncer on the rocks
Movelist

Stages

Gameplay Mechanics

Screenpack
Big portraits are going to be designed by FeLo_Llop
Example:

Budget
$10

Frequently Asked Questions

What's the name of the game?

Street Fighter

What's this all about?
This is a community project that we encourage anybody to contribute to. It's basically a tribute to Street Fighter and takes from all SF franchises. Street Fighter 1-4, Alpha, and yes even the EX series!
Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:31:31 pm by Just No Point
Re: INFORMATION
#2  April 18, 2014, 01:25:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
SageHarpuiaJDJ joins the brawl! I mean has been given access to the dropbox.
I need to update the 1st post with a link to the dropbox and the users that have access.
#3  April 18, 2014, 10:44:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Added Loona to the DropBox
#4  April 19, 2014, 05:23:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Added a budget. I get paid bi weekly. Each pay period I'll add $10 to the "other" budget. This will be used for random commissions. Or it'll all go to help fund Joe when that's time. Though I hope to contribute a separate amount towards him I'm really liking the direction that character is going in.

After Ryu is up and going I won't mind expanding into sprite rippers or coders for commissions. Until then I'll stick to sprites because if something does happen to this project before Ryu is ready to be a template all the sprites would still hold value to the community and thus not be a waste of my $

We should try to keep the budget unused as much as possible by trying to get the work done ourselves. When large amounts are saved up it could be used to get new characters from SF1, SFex, and/or SF4

Also added a link to the dropbox here, too
#5  April 25, 2014, 05:49:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
No new budget added for now because I contributed $50 to Joe and will be doing more on my next check as well.

Going to discontinue allowing anyone and everyone the ability to join the drop box. Too many people get in and there could be more room for errors. We should keep only a select active few able to upload while everyone else sticks to using the forums. Realized that when Alex was updating the files on the fly in the dropbox while Quickfist was working elsewhere in the forums. Everyone that has access right now keeps it.
#6  October 20, 2015, 03:22:06 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Almost done with the 1st beta of Build 1 Ryu. Once this releases (should be this week) I'll be restructuring this board for the new goals, direction, and organization.
#7  March 21, 2016, 01:27:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Alright. Time for an update.

Now that the announcement that I'm coding Gotenks for the HDBZ project is out. And most of you probably know about my Rikuo which I hope to build into a full DSvsSF game over time. It's time I lay it all out here.

I'm not going to keep working on this full game project. I learned tons from it and have been learning more with Gotenks still.

It's not that I'm not interested it's just I can't feasibly work on DSvsSF which has been my dream game since I found MUGEN back in 2001, HDBZ, AND MFG presents SF. That'd just be spreading myself too far.

I intend to finish Joe once Sean finishes the sprite set since many commissioned for it. I'll also finish 2 screen packs for this project to make sure all that work isn't wasted and to learn how to make the screenpacks.

I apologize if this upsets anyone. I too was looking forward to this and maybe it'll pick up again some day. Thank you all for all the help. I should still be able to use edits made for this game in my SFvsDS project. From what I've learned here and coding Gotenks I'm very confident I can convert the DS mechanics properly!

Thanks for all of the support!
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:00:08 pm by Just No Point
#8  March 21, 2016, 02:59:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm way more excited to hear you're doing a SFvsDS project, than I am sad about you leaving this one!
#9  March 21, 2016, 03:01:18 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Agreed, I'm even more hype to know that it's you who is coding Gotenks (I almost fell out of my chair in excited laughter. Like, that hysterical laughter when you know something great happened).

Good luck with SFvDS, I really can't wait to see what comes from it, I'm sure that whatever you do, it'll be great.
This is a generic forum signature.
#10  March 21, 2016, 03:46:12 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Well it was a cool ride really thankfull to this project since it was the first project I ever contribute to
good luck with DSvSF and Gotenks
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#11  March 21, 2016, 03:53:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
City hunter. Your screenpacks contributions won't go to waste. I'll still make your screenpacks and SNT's. It'll just have to be more universal MUGEN instead.

Same with the voice acting for announcers. I'll compile them still as well. Making everyone's loss of time minimum hopefully.

I'm glad everyone is more excited about DSvsSF! I know I am!!!
#12  March 21, 2016, 10:54:57 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Did anyone ever express interest in taking this project over?
#13  March 22, 2016, 12:27:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
None yet.
#14  March 26, 2016, 06:43:50 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I swear there was something cool here!!