YesNoOk

Alternate Colour  (Read 1830 times)

Started by DarthOne, May 04, 2014, 06:03:53 pm
Share this topic:
Alternate Colour
#1  May 04, 2014, 06:03:53 pm
    • Malaysia
    • bubu_cha1@edu.com
Hello, i've seen many character that have different colour while against the same character in mugen,
i do really like that, how to do that alternate colour for character ?
Re: Alternate Colour
New #2  May 04, 2014, 06:57:08 pm
It's a palette.
Every character has one or more palettes.

This explains what a palette is: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-palette-faq-119628.0.html
(don't make the mistake of calling it pallet, like a lot of other users do! Call it palette!)

How to make one?
There are lots of ways to do that.
I'll explain mine:
- with a program called Fighter Factory (check the latest one here) I open the character and go to the Palettes menu:
Spoiler: image (click to see content)
- after that, I open the Palette Editor:
do you see the sprite in the middle and the colours under it? All the colours there form a palette. You can change its colours to obtain a new palette.
Be careful! When you finished making your own palette, you have to save it:
and you save it with the name you want.
You now have your palette, but you can't see it in-game, why? Because you have to edit the .def file of your character.
This goes for the characters that use SFFv1 (WinMugen, maximum number of palettes:12).

For characters that use SFFv2 (Mugen 1.0) you just have to add it like shown in the image below (look at the right column, a line that says "Add one or more palettes" will appear if you hover your cursor over the yellow icon; you click that icon and then you add your palette):
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:47:01 pm by Alex Sinigaglia