YesNoOk

Show 'em why we call it....Splatterhouse (Read 20026 times)

Started by DukeNukem 2417, April 22, 2014, 10:20:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Show 'em why we call it....Splatterhouse
#21  April 29, 2014, 10:34:12 pm
  • Niigasan
Haggar by seanaltly has a similar movement
#22  April 29, 2014, 10:35:54 pm
I'll see if the arms fit T.Hawk without me having to frankensprite a new torso set---thanks for the suggestion.  :)
#23  May 01, 2014, 02:48:14 am
  • I'm a llama!
Yes we need more characters with guns in mugen.... make it realistic the shotgun should take a heavy amount of life.
#24  May 01, 2014, 03:14:46 am
  • constructive criticism welcomed
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
i love this one i had to search the net high and low and damn near impossible but i got my hands on this version of rick, but finally got it, and it may be a lil weird but it is a very solid one and im glad someone is working on it, i even made a big portrait for it if you wanna use it, i wish you the best of luck with this project and look forward to seeing it progress :)

Perfection is a myth, always strive to be better
My Ports: http://mugennoobin.imgur.com
#25  May 01, 2014, 07:29:17 pm
Again, thanks for all the support thus far---the 13th weapon has been decided, and it's somewhat ironic considering yesterday's Magma Dragoon release..... heh heh heh. 

I now have assistance in the form of someone helping to sprite Rick's weapon swing animation (this individual will be receiving a credit in the readme for their efforts), and more spriting will be done over the next few weeks. 

Expect awesomeness. 
#26  May 05, 2014, 03:09:40 pm
The first draft of the new standing animation: 

I know it needs some work, but it IS a lot better than the original stand pose, right?  RIGHT?!
#27  May 05, 2014, 06:23:15 pm
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
It's not bad, but the muscles in the arms look like they ungulate and swish around with each movement, like bags of water stuffed inside the sleeves of a long sleeved shirt.
#28  May 05, 2014, 10:07:45 pm
It's not bad, but the muscles in the arms look like they ungulate and swish around with each movement, like bags of water stuffed inside the sleeves of a long sleeved shirt.

His muscles are rippling with the power of the Terror Mask.  :D 

I keed, I keed.....I know there are a few problems to iron out, but at least his chest isn't collapsing in on itself this time.   The main problem with the arms is inconsistent shading---if I can fix that, the "bags of water stuffed inside shirt sleeves" effect will be negated. 
Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:21:35 pm by DukeNukem 2417
#29  May 06, 2014, 04:04:39 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Would cool if he had an intro where hes normal putting on the mask and the transforms before starting the match
#30  May 06, 2014, 03:03:22 pm
Would cool if he had an intro where hes normal putting on the mask and the transforms before starting the match

I was considering doing that sort of an intro, but the problem is I couldn't think of someone to represent pre-mask Rick. 
#31  May 12, 2014, 03:12:12 pm
Right, update time: supaman2525 is now the OFFICIAL co-spriter for Rick Taylor.   Fun times. 

Also, considering the idea of Rick putting on the mask and transforming before the match: is there a way to code that so that it ONLY happens at the start of the first match in Arcade/Survival mode? 
#32  May 12, 2014, 07:05:10 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
You could do it via a variable that doesn't reset (is set to 0 by default, but changes to 1 when the intro is finished), but then he'd never perform that intro again until MUGEN is restarted.

In essence, the intro would be require var(#) to equal 0 in order for it to play, while the other intros (should there be any) would require that variable to equal 1 (so that intro always plays first). Unless I'm wrong, having a variable that doesn't reset between rounds is persistent between matches, too.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:08:31 pm by GarchompMatt
#33  May 14, 2014, 03:43:12 pm
After much deliberation (read: thinking about it each time I bathed and sat on the toilet over the course of the last few weeks), I've decided to record the dialogue for the Terror Mask myself and run the sound clips through Audacity to alter them just enough so that it sounds more like something menacing and less like me shouting into a microphone.  The sound rips I already have will be save for another project, of course (three guesses to what it'll be). 

Also, I've redone the palettes for Splatterhouse and Splatterhouse 2, so the new palette chart containing the fixed versions of those two palettes will be posted tomorrow. 

MASSIVE UPDATE: Acey from IMT has given permission for Hulk 2099 to be used as the base for Berserker Rick! 

EVEN BIGGER UPDATE: First Look Mutant Rick and Berserker Rick! 

Berserker Rick (MASSIVE THANKS to Acey):

Mutant Rick:
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:06:25 pm by DukeNukem 2417
#34  May 17, 2014, 10:17:51 pm
RIGHT, sorry for the delay, but here, as promised, is the NEW palette chart for Rick Taylor:

TOP ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT: Splatterhouse 1 Rick, Splatterhouse 2 Rick, Splatterhouse 3 Rick, MvC Rick (to honor The Pizzaman)
MIDDLE ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT: Denim Rick, Default Palette Rick, Brown Clothes Rick*, Grey Clothes Rick~
BOTTOM ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT: Black Clothes Rick`, Prison Escape Rick^, Hospital Escape Rick', Mirror Rock

* = Starts off the fight with a full super meter
~ = starts off with a weapon already available for him to pick up
` = starts off with a full super meter AND a weapon already available to pick up
^ = health isn't depleted as quickly
' = super meter depletes slower than normal (except in Mutant Rick and Berserker Rick modes)
#35  May 28, 2014, 03:07:42 pm
UPDATE: For those who remember the INIMITABLE Andres Borghi's take on Rick Taylor, great news: I've received permission from Andres himself to borrow code and other elements from his Rick. 

Expect greatness. 

UPDATE #2: Who says you only need one Rick? 

(NOTE: Rick WILL BE WEARING SHORTS in the final version)
Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:20:55 pm by DukeNukem 2417
#36  October 31, 2014, 03:27:45 pm
First of all, apologies for bumping the thread, but there's a reason for it: the coder who agreed to help me with this project has, for lack of a better term, quit. 

Thus, I turn to you, people of MUGEN Fighter's Guild, to ask if anyone here might want to help me get Rick Taylor coded for a Halloween 2015 release.   The sprites are being sent to me next week, I've pared down my custom voice clips to a more managable selection, and I'm willing to give top billing to whoever codes Rick in the readme. 
#37  October 31, 2014, 03:38:32 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
It's a shame that your coder decided to quit. Were there  any updates with the sprites? Posting and showing them might help you out with your search for a new coder.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#38  October 31, 2014, 03:54:59 pm
The sprites will be up next week---hopefully, enough will be done to get a good set of GIFs together as a sort of proof-of-concept thing.   The SOUNDS, meanwhile, are pretty much locked down.