YesNoOk

Dope's Projects (Current: Future Trunks) [Download Inside] (Read 72174 times)

Started by Dope, February 20, 2011, 09:50:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dope's Projects (Current WIP: Uryuu Ishida)
#61  July 19, 2012, 07:33:48 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Yes he has sprites for that attack so I will be including it as a super move

In Bleach DS the projectile that attack shoots is a very crappy looking laser. Mine will have an actual arrow instead.
#62  July 19, 2012, 11:31:17 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Did I ever send you those Rugal sprites where you asked me to edit the hands?

I can't remember now... I know I finished them.
#63  July 19, 2012, 11:36:38 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
No you didn't. I asked if you could send me a copy of what you had so I could take a look but I never heard back.
#64  July 20, 2012, 12:57:57 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Crap, I'm sorry. I'll send them to you as soon as I get home tomorrow.

Hope you still need them...   --;
#65  August 02, 2012, 11:31:58 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
New video update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r4Jn966skI

Major updates to note:
- New sounds for all arrows.
- New ground and air Letzt Stil supers added.
- Reverse throw added and air throws added.
- New chargeable special added.
- RansoTengai wip added. Grants temporary super armor.
- Rapid Fire wip updated. Grants temporary rapid fire for basic arrows.
#66  August 27, 2012, 11:05:02 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Re: Dope's Projects (Current WIP: Onomatopoeia)
#67  October 24, 2012, 12:27:55 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I'm close to done on Uryuu. I coded his last ground special. He shoots 4 arrows that weave up and down. Here's some screenshots, although it's hard to take good screenshots of it because of the weave pattern.

I still need to code the aerial version of that special and I was thinking of maybe making a super version. After that then Uryuu should be all done and I can move on to my next projects.

After Uryuu I'll mostly be working on a project from CC [formerly known as CVG]. The character is Onomatopoeia and the sprites are by Whiplash. All the sprites are done, it just needs some extras like winposes and such.

And at the same time I'll also be working on my old Berserk Sagat character that I've had on hold forever. The only thing I did already was sprite and code custom air tiger shots. The punch version of the air tiger shot shoots straight across and the kick version shoots down at a 45 degree angle.

and I was looking over my old Kenpachi and although it was decent I feel he could use a lot more work so I'm updating Kenpachi again.

There's a lot that's gonna be done on Kenpachi, some of which includes:
- readjust a lot of animation timings (You can see the new stance timings in the animation above)
- Change hitsparks
- add hurt voices
- Redo hyper bgs
- Redo old sprite edits. Some of which include the crouching kick and the rapid slash super.
- revise hyper armor coding for eye patch removal mode
- change various fx to less blurred styled fx.
- change transparency values
- redo a lot of coding on a lot of things
- flash step will be removed. Instead he'll have a dash.
- redo eye patch gauge. sprites and coding.
- a lot of movelist revisions. Should turn out to be much funner and more polished than my old movelist.
- redo and or polish just about everything.
Re: Dope's Projects (Current WIP: Onomatopoeia)
#68  October 24, 2012, 06:48:38 am
  • Young Coder
    • USA
wow your working on ono awesome man i really love your works and hope to see how ono turns out
mugen or nothin

Re: Dope's Projects (Current: Kenpachi Zaraki)
#69  April 11, 2013, 09:30:35 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I started revamping Kenpachi recently. Everything is being redone and I'm hoping that when I'm done it'll be a character that bleach fans and nonbleach fans alike can enjoy.

Here's a video of my current progress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Qul0nCfUo

All the sounds in the video are temporary. I'm not worrying about sounds until later and I plan on redoing all the sounds. Things to note about the video
- New dash system instead of flash step. I never cared much for the flash step so now he has a dash button instead. It's main purpose is to rush in and attack and it uses the custom gauge to limit it's uses. Standing Z gets a different faster animation if it's used during the dash.
- Basics all redone. Movements, gethits, normals.
- The revamped versions of 2 of his specials. The lunge special can now be combo'd into an uppercut follow up or an overhead slam follow up. I forgot to show off the overhead slam follow up in the video. It's the same animation as the special dashing z attack but with different properties that'll slam the opponent to the floor.
- The 2 revamped specials now have EX versions as well. These tie into his custom gauge to limit their uses.
- A preview of the revamped Energy Release super. The hit properties and new fx are the highlight. It still needs a proper startup and super portrait and all that.

And here's a screenshot of the new energy release fx. This screenshot's old so it's missing the hitsparks and the hit count isn't the same anymore.
Re: Dope's Projects (Current: Silver Samurai)
#70  June 08, 2014, 08:17:23 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
New project. Silver Samurai.

I haven't started on him yet though. I'm currently making some special intros for 2 of my characters against 2 upcoming characters by Johnny916. I'd say who but I'm not sure if Johnny wants them kept secret or not. I'll have to ask him. I've got 1 of 4 of those done. After that progress on Silver Samurai will commence.

It's 2014 and I still have yet to see a Silver Samurai that I'd call great. All of them seem to have at least some flaws. Since Silver Samurai is one of mine and my brother's favorite characters I've decided to make my own. I'm too lazy to make my own from scratch so I'm borrowing some work from others and editing them accordingly. Overall I think I like corntortillas' version best. I was going to use his as a base at first but then I saw one by Mazemerald(?) today. I liked some of the custom things he had in that so I might use that one instead as my base and port over some of corntoritllas' stuff. Everything's going to be edited so this won't simply be a hybrid between the two. I'm just saving a bit of time on a few things but still improving them. I mostly didn't want to go through the hassle of building an sff from scratch and doing all the gethits. I'm not sure if I'll release this in the regular release section or the edits section. I'll just have to wait and see how much work is still left from the original authors before I make that call.

He won't be any specific style. I'm just doing my own thing like I've always done. He'll have all his traditional attacks plus maybe some custom ones I come up with. Some of the traditional stuff might have some custom flare added to it. I'm open to any ideas anyone comes up with for the character. Silver Samurai seems a bit less esoteric than my other characters so I might post up progress on him more often than I usually do with my projects. We'll see.
#71  July 05, 2014, 06:15:51 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I started working on Silver Samurai a bit. Not a whole lot of progress but a decent start. I fixed some palette issues with his fire, lightning, and slash frenzy fx. Screenshot of updated fire and slash frenzy.

I made a new select screen portrait because the old one was just a random sprite.

Also changed his dash to a normal run. Tweaked his jumping animations so they'd look better. And I started readjusting the setup for his basic attacks. Instead of automatically doing two slashes for his weak and medium punches you now have to push the attack button again manually to do the second slash. After I finish all that I plan on fixing some visuals on his elemental powerups.
#72  July 05, 2014, 06:24:02 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Looking good so far :)
Is Johnny916 still working on that Masked Ichigo?
#73  July 05, 2014, 06:37:46 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Thanks. And no he scrapped that project about 3 years ago. He's scrapped quite a few projects over the years. He's just been trying to perfect his mugen creation abilities but he's pretty damn good now as you can see by the SD Bluestreak he coded. He's still working on Bleach projects. Mostly Bleach DS conversions instead of custom Bleach works. Really lovin his work so far. I would say which ones he's working on but I'm not sure if it's a secret or not.
#74  July 05, 2014, 08:54:50 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
He coded the SD Bluestreak? I didn't know that. Gonna go check that out. Thanks for the update :)
#75  July 06, 2014, 12:17:37 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice silver samurai was a big favorite of mine in mvc2
good luck with him
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#76  July 06, 2014, 04:10:35 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good luck and such a cool update. Let me know if you need a super big port.
#77  July 06, 2014, 02:31:27 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Nice looking update, I hope too see more.
#78  July 07, 2014, 12:58:46 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Let me know if you need a super big port.
The thought didn't even cross my mind yet. Yes he will be needing one. That'd be cool if you could make one for me. Any links to examples of your previous works so I can see if it's something I'd be interested in?
#79  July 07, 2014, 01:31:43 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sure thing man, I make the ports and I let the creator decide on style. Here you go man, below is the links of some of my casual stuff.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:16:38 am by BIG BOSS
#80  July 07, 2014, 06:13:15 am
Just curious, will you ever go back to Scarecrow?