YesNoOk

Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014 -RELEASED (Read 184953 times)

Started by Iced, July 10, 2014, 04:33:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014
#61  July 13, 2014, 02:43:32 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Can't wait for Gogeta SSJ4.
#62  July 13, 2014, 03:54:26 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce

NoZ

#63  July 13, 2014, 04:00:43 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Poor goku being ignored,Frieza has a bright future from what I saw in the stream,gonna have awesome combos
#64  July 13, 2014, 04:32:27 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
Friza and Gohan look to be very good characters, even if Friza's not finished yet. Not gonna lie, way too much Vegeta in there though.

Anyway, congrats for HDBZ making it to EVO!
#65  July 13, 2014, 06:53:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hello everynyan

Summary for the night: the stream started late and there were several issues with sound and image, which was a shame but eventually it got in a good groove.
Freeza was pretty liked overall
Vegeta showed up some things that need a bit of fixing, but his overall fixes worked, he is now a better character than before.
Gohan was loved, they loved how his kicks worked.
Ssj goku showed up a lot but people werent doing teleports, which i thought was odd.

Tournament ended up dissolving a bit towards the end.

Overall the reception was pretty great, and im glad we did it.

Now something less positive

@rednavi: your "jokes" about the game being bad were pretty bad as is here, now you were doing those "jokes" even on evo stream.
We as a team talked and we are cordially inviting you to never post in any of our threads or attending any of our events again.
You may be jealous or angry or trying to troll but the passive agressive jokes you keep doing are not giving off a great image of anything, much less mugen.
Dont post anymore thanks.

@everyone else!

Hang onto your buns the evo pack shall be released soonish.( uploading it )
#66  July 13, 2014, 06:55:53 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I support the above message.

Thanks for everyone for bringing the hype and enduring what seemed like an eternity before the stream finally got live. The overall reception was so positive, really filled our hearts!
#67  July 13, 2014, 07:05:49 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I was told there were some moments when the game wasn't played by anyone at all(And they weren't setting up or rebooting the game after the nth crash).

I would look at the projectiles again, because they're REALLY good and there were some moments where people turned the game into Diet Touhou.
#68  July 13, 2014, 07:21:49 pm
Nice ! :)

So, how did the tournament or casual plays end, after most of us Europeans went to bed at 5am ?

What I will remember from this stream :
- Vegeta's EX Ki Blast in Rage mode is OP as fuck, and is a frame trap, especially since it leads into unblockable Lv3 (best used on wake up). So I guess removing the unblockable property would be a nice first step. Frame trap doesn't sound so bad if you're not guaranteed to combo into the Lv3 afterwards.
- Vegeta's a.MP still seems to link into itself.
- No appeal for Goku Z2. Why guys !? Why !!!?!??!! :( He's as good as the others IMO.
- Was kinda disappointed by the level of the SSJ Goku players. Sure, SSJ Goku was nerfed, but we didn't see any teleports nor dive kicks. Looks like there was only Vegeta players.
- Nice session with Freeza and Gohan in the casual games. :)

For a full video of the stream for those asking about it earlier, it's at: http://www.twitch.tv/guardbreak/b/547024762 .

The video stutters pretty hard from set-up/bandwidth issues, but it's all there is until the direct feed footage is eventually put up in full at Caith_Sith's YouTune channel. The direct feed YouTube footage will likely lack commentary due to the nature of the upload, however. They had to do some work-around with a splitter to get the microphone to work on stream.

The "day-one" nature of the tournament hampered the results. Not only were they playing a bug-fixed version of the main characters without easy access to the changelog, they were playing with nearly half the cast new. The majority of the players were trying the game cold for the first time as well. We're seeing mystery game type strategies; find the first strong set-up anyone can find before anyone else and mirror it if you're not using it.

A bunch of characters can link their jumping attacks into each other. They just happened to find Vegeta's link first. Gohan can do a very similar link for much longer than anyone else, but it's not something that'd be as easily found.

Goku Z2 might have a similar stigma to Ryu in Street Fighter to a general fighting game player. For some reason, people could be finding him plain. It really doesn't look like people are choosing characters from movelist knowledge here.

I feel the reason we're seeing more Vegeta play is because of the short shoryuken.com thread on the game combined with Hurrrrrrrgot's alpha counter follow-up series of videos. Word-of-mouth. It really didn't seem like the SSJ Goku player in the video Balthazar linked had ample time to practice the character. If I had put together a Justice Mode/teleport shenanigan video a few months back, we might've seen a little more diversity or a different character heavily played. Until I see a proper changelog, Justice Mode's instant cross-up teleport attacks are far more broken than Vegeta's EX fireballs.

I was told there were some moments when the game wasn't played by anyone at all(And they weren't setting up or rebooting the game after the nth crash).

I would look at the projectiles again, because they're REALLY good and there were some moments where people turned the game into Diet Touhou.

The stream was about an hour late with long set-up delays after it came up. By the time it had started, it was overlapping with Super Turbo. I wanted to give it my full attention, but the wait was just too long. : (

While the tournament was happening, I couldn't tell what the brackets looked like or how things were progressing. Overall, the event was very confusing.  It's a lot of work setting up a tournament stream in a corner of a bigger venue. I hope the next stream has these issues ironed out. Thanks Caith_Sith for doing so.
#69  July 13, 2014, 07:46:04 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I'm still wondering why this was being played on WinMugen. Mugen 1.0 seems more stable, 1.1 supports stage zoom and both offer widescreen modes. Granted, as I'm not a coder, I don't know of the varying nuances of the varying builds of Mugen, but it certainly seemed out of place to me.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#70  July 13, 2014, 07:48:25 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm still wondering why this was being played on WinMugen
I had no idea.  I thought it was being run on 1.0.
#71  July 13, 2014, 07:53:34 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The actual demo sent to EVO was mugen 1.0.

Did they change to winmugen? Must've been the guy setting up the system there
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#72  July 13, 2014, 07:57:34 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Well the fonts used were from WinMugen. If they imported them into 1.0 then I wouldn't know at that point. Either way they could have changed the resolution to widescreen.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#73  July 13, 2014, 08:02:38 pm
    • Netherlands
Guys it's 1.0 with a Winmugen screenpack.
Re: Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014 - PACK RELEASED!
#74  July 13, 2014, 08:46:05 pm
    • Netherlands
Re: Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014 -RELEASED
#75  July 13, 2014, 09:17:11 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
Nooice! Checking it out now.

Mog

#76  July 13, 2014, 09:43:00 pm
10 minutes ago I was at 2 hours left on the dl, now it's at 6 and the forum is really loading slow.   I'd say more than a couple of people are interested.
#77  July 13, 2014, 10:31:40 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Wow, the server is tsking a big hit from all the traffic generated by the downloads
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#78  July 13, 2014, 10:49:11 pm
Is it OK to provide an alt link [via mediafire]?
#79  July 13, 2014, 10:53:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yes. :) smee is preparing an alternate link as well.
#80  July 13, 2014, 10:59:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The stream was about an hour late with long set-up delays after it came up. By the time it had started, it was overlapping with Super Turbo. I wanted to give it my full attention, but the wait was just too long. : (

While the tournament was happening, I couldn't tell what the brackets looked like or how things were progressing. Overall, the event was very confusing.  It's a lot of work setting up a tournament stream in a corner of a bigger venue. I hope the next stream has these issues ironed out. Thanks Caith_Sith for doing so.

I'm aware of hour delay, but I'm saying that I was told that was happening after it was set up and all.

I have to ask again, Are the projectiles going to be tweaked? I think something is wrong when you can't jump over projectiles cleanly.