YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 Palette Template MK.II (Read 4515 times)

Started by BlueSunStudios, August 02, 2014, 11:59:04 am
Share this topic:
Gohan Z2 Palette Template MK.II
#1  August 02, 2014, 11:59:04 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Good day folks, this is Blue Sun Studios here bringing you another palette template! This one will be Gohan instead, and trust me, it's more intricate than SSJ Goku Z2's. I had to rush things a bit because I'm tight on schedule (hence no labels) and I've gotten around a third of his sprites completed but trust me; this is how Gohan will look when he's completely done. And to show off a bit, I've even made a few more palettes for him (the ones I explicitly created are all incomplete as of right now); I checked to make sure the template came alright (God knows how many times I f*cked something up, but everything should be fixed this time). So here it is everyone! :toff:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

When I get the time (and hopefully if I have enough space) I'll add the labels that will tell you where each color is. Let me know what you all think of this!
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:28:41 pm by BlueSunStudios
Re: Gohan Z2 Palette Template MK.II
#2  August 02, 2014, 11:00:15 pm
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
Oh yaay, Looks great man! I'm glad to see how much progress has been done! One little thing, didn't you say you'd try to separate Goten entirely? Like he'd share no colors with Gohan? Or was there a change in plans?

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1
#3  August 02, 2014, 11:28:14 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Sweet mother of separation!

Looking good there!
#4  August 03, 2014, 06:21:28 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
I believe that I meant I wanted to give him around the same separation Gohan has (if I said otherwise I don't remember). If I planned on giving him a separate palette then there was definitely a change in plans; right now, Gohan's template has been completely changed from the original one in terms of palette placement. I also planned on separating the boot's strings from middle front, middle back, outer, and inner but that was most certainly dropped due to taking way too much time. I did keep each ring independent from each other and the line going down the middle is split into upper and lower.

Saiyaman has been made changeable through palettes as well, but none of the current palettes reflect that, and neither does Icarus show it either, but I'm glad you people like it so far. Also, I didn't want to work on anything that you could not really control during the fight (i.e. intros that you rarely see, but Videl's an exception though due to sharing part of her sprite's palette with Gohan) so that's why none of the special outfits have been worked on. And for anyone who is worrying about their older palettes not being compatible with the new format, you can rest easy since I will be updating them just as I did with SSJ Goku Z2. Goku Z2 is still on the fence for now but I will either give him the same palette map as Gohan or as his SSJ variation. Frieza won't be worked on until he is completed, and Vegeta won't be worked on until Majin Vegeta's released.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:41:32 am by BlueSunStudios
#5  August 03, 2014, 10:34:30 am
I know it's a colour separation and all, but god that yellow in his/their pants! It's so bright and there is no contrast! I'm sure you could get other tones of colours for those.
#6  August 03, 2014, 10:38:54 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
Yeah...I could've added contrast or other colors, but that was the first color that popped into my head for the pants. I'll use another color when I get the chance or add more contrast. I'm still trying to improve palette making but I'll take your word for the pants.