YesNoOk

So what do you think of Ebola? (Read 28827 times)

Started by extravagant, October 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am
Share this topic:
So what do you think of Ebola?
#1  October 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am
    • USA
I'm sure everyone knows about it.

I'm pretty scared of this myself. At this point I dont even know what is the truth, if the mainstream news is lying or telling the truth, or if we're really in for an outbreak or an apocalypse.

what do you think?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: So what do you think of Ebola?
#2  October 09, 2014, 11:16:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ebola is like so overrated, such a rip off of hpv and swine flu. 3/10 wouldnt watch again.
#3  October 09, 2014, 11:20:38 am
    • USA
I'm hearing some crazy shit in the internet and it's starting to scare the shit out of me. Should I just go back to playing video games?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#4  October 09, 2014, 11:21:00 am
yes
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  October 09, 2014, 11:22:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Fear mongering is profitable. Ask internet feminists and republicans.

#6  October 09, 2014, 11:27:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Yeah go do that.

After my tangle with Swine Flu (summary: got caught in the middle of the USA and China pointing fingers at each other), I'm not exactly thrilled to see how my country is going to handle ebola.
#7  October 09, 2014, 11:30:12 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I'm hearing some crazy shit in the internet and it's starting to scare the shit out of me. Should I just go back to playing video games?

By making it sound worse than it is, they'll get help and support (funding) to root the virus faster.
#8  October 09, 2014, 11:45:24 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#9  October 09, 2014, 11:58:34 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Americans are just over reacting and the media is making it worse.
#10  October 09, 2014, 01:26:51 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
In Spain, the first European country to have an Ebola spread due to useless and idiot politicians and lack of resources (caregivers using the wrong protection suits), a dog owned by the first Ebola patient was euthanized "just in case" instead of putting the poor dog in quarantine or at least check if the dog was infected or not.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/health/save-excalibur-ebola-dog/index.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ebola-dog-dead-spanish-social-media-users-grieve-as-nurses-pet-reportedly-is-put-down-9782748.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/09/excalibur-spanish-ebola-patient-dog-euthanised

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#11  October 09, 2014, 01:30:17 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I would prefer to catch hiv than ebola.  That stuff Is no joke.
I first learned about it in 5th grade science class.
Teacher made use watch a video on it,  gave me nightmares
As a kid.  That stuff makes you vomit blood,  shit bloody diarrhea,
Your skin busts open and bleed out,  your organs liquidfy. Severe
Pain and headachs and you die in about a month.

But I think it would be under controll as long as it does not mutate
And goes airborne.
#12  October 09, 2014, 01:40:31 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Everything you need to know about ebola:

#13  October 09, 2014, 01:49:34 pm
  • Jesus died for our sins... one more won't hurt
    • Spain
In Spain the situation is a sort of chaotic, thanks to those bad politicans and his bad moves specially the ministry of sanity. Also the lack of resources in this country and adding one of the patients was not in quarantine some time due to medical negligence cause some low fever or something like that has elevated the fear of my country up to eleven ):C. I wish the ''minister of sanity'' quit due to her negligence or some force punish her.
#14  October 09, 2014, 05:05:06 pm
ebola is very bad news for me because i like to touch poop and pee
#15  October 09, 2014, 05:45:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
being in a country - city that got several cases of swine flu, which is far more contagious than ebola I will tell you to just stop worrying.

ebola is very bad news for me because i like to touch poop and pee

anal sex and water games ?
#16  October 09, 2014, 05:47:11 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ebola is something that can only spread very far in very poor countries with a severe lack of strong healthcare infrastructure; infection is only spread through direct contact of bodily fluids of infected people, people who are at that moment symptomatic (this is why no one was particularly concerned about the anyone the guy who had the first case of Ebola in America was sitting next to on the plane). It's not something that you yourself really need to be worried about catching.

But that doesn't mean it should just be ignored, it is a very real health crisis for the poorer nations in Africa, and they need and deserve support managing this crisis. Too many people have died already.

I'm pretty scared of this myself. At this point I dont even know what is the truth, if the mainstream news is lying or telling the truth, or if we're really in for an outbreak or an apocalypse.
is this a schtick or something

Fear mongering is profitable. Ask internet feminists
-_-
#17  October 09, 2014, 06:07:28 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Spain has one of the 10 best health systems in the world. And we have(by the moment) one inffected AND 4 POSSIBLE inffected.

I know the politics of the goverments is getting back their inffected citizens for saving them and all, but, wouldn't be easier taking a medicalised plane AND sending it to the country of inffection? We had two priests who volunteered in Africa and got inffected; seems these guys lost their faith in God, wanting to come back and being treat as "first world people" while helping in another country. Take exemple of Mother Teresa who helped the poors being poor and such. You're going to die anyways, so why bringing the disease to a country which doesn't have it?

And OF COURSE, what outraged me was the killing of the nurse's dog WITHOUT making a blood analysis. If our minister were intelligent(hmm...quite difficult), she would know that dogs, as other mammals could act as vectors fr diseases to other mammals. I guess everyone here has seen his/her dogs or those from their neighbours smelling other dog's asses and licking each other so...why not killing ALL the dogs? Geez! even those dogs can lick your kids hands' when they're going to stroke the animal. Definitively, just kill dogs. And cats. And parrots. Specially parrots.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#18  October 09, 2014, 07:04:07 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Don't be afraid of Ebola. Just wait for the Media to talk about a new disease and all other diseases mentioned before are neutralised and harmless.
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#19  October 10, 2014, 04:34:15 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My opinion in just one image

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#20  October 10, 2014, 04:43:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
third world countries have more incidents of a disease than a first world country?! Gasp, its almost as if by living in a first world country people expect a different standart of life.

Next up.
Thousands of girls raped in Uganda and gays beaten to death! But one black kid is shot by police in america and everyone loses their mind!