YesNoOk

So what do you think of Ebola? (Read 28828 times)

Started by extravagant, October 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: So what do you think of Ebola?
#81  October 14, 2014, 11:29:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thats hilarious bro, or rather its not.

Stop posting like that, if you suggest to people that they drink bleach again or something of the kind im kicking you out.
#82  October 15, 2014, 12:11:50 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Oh, you see lots of people vomiting, having diarrhoea, haemorrhaging and everything all the time ? Or are you just seeing lots of people with headaches, some muscle pain, and sore throats for an entire week ?
if you work at a hospital on an emergency care section you will see all of the above everyday every week, ive never said all those people could have he disease,  I said they had similar symptoms

mannn..shit ::)...My radar would be up too if i saw that and i worked in a hospital so i dont blame ya Kain. I wouldnt be bat chan crazy but id be EXTRA cautious on how i handle people and material. Better safe than sorry^^ Especially these days now man
#83  October 16, 2014, 10:41:41 pm
I've heard the news some minutes ago, it seems there's a suspicious case of Ebola in Paris; it's not confirmed yet though.
#84  October 17, 2014, 01:00:59 am
    • USA
I've heard the news some minutes ago, it seems there's a suspicious case of Ebola in Paris; it's not confirmed yet though.

damn....

Germany. Paris. The U.S. And i think a latin country too right? where they shot that dog?...
#85  October 17, 2014, 01:03:57 am
    • Peru
That was Spain.
#86  October 17, 2014, 01:11:58 am
    • USA
Ok thanks. Couldnt remember which country it was
#87  October 17, 2014, 01:19:05 am
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
I don't really get it. It's not supposed to be an airborne disease, yet people with Ebola cough. All reports say that the common cold and the flu spread primarily through mucus in the air, but Ebola, which can be contracted through mucus after a cough, etc. isn't considered airborne?

#88  October 17, 2014, 07:52:37 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
No, because it travels within another membrane. Mucus for example.  If it were airborne it would travel through the air(or something more specific, I dunno).
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#89  October 17, 2014, 08:11:33 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I only have this synopsis because I watched Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. Well, here's what I think.....

1.Ebola comes to America.
2.The "virus" spreads.
3.The government decides to "quarantine" the general public for their safety.
4.Cities go under martial law
Last Step: People are forced out of their homes into FEMA camps and the "extermination" begins.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#90  October 17, 2014, 12:53:16 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
ebola is too lethal for its own good, its incubation period is short, symptoms appear way too soon and severe to be neglected or misjudged as common illness. 
#91  October 17, 2014, 02:48:23 pm
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
No, because it travels within another membrane. Mucus for example.  If it were airborne it would travel through the air(or something more specific, I dunno).
I hate to say it, but that sounds like a misleading technicality. If I'm able to get it by breathing it in, whether or not it travels within the membrane of something else, that to me should definitely still be considered airborne.
#92  October 17, 2014, 03:05:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that doesnt make sense.
Airborne means literally that it travels by air. You can only catch ebola by "breathing it" if someone spits in your mouth or you lick blood or sweat.
The virus requires water to survive, it cant survive without it.
#93  October 17, 2014, 03:11:24 pm
If I'm able to get it by breathing it in
It's not something you catch by breathing in, you catch it because someone else's bodily fluids (spit) gets inside you. It's not airborne, it's the fluids.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#94  October 17, 2014, 05:51:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
But watetr is H2O and air has a lto of O so I am sure you can get infected !!!!!!11111111111one
#95  October 17, 2014, 06:23:35 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
A very interesting documentary about how the people of Liberia are dealing with the disease:

"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#96  October 17, 2014, 06:39:36 pm
    • Peru
#97  October 17, 2014, 07:32:49 pm
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
After doing a bit of extra reading, I understand a bit more. It can be caught by breathing in mucus, but why they define it as "droplet borne" as opposed to "airborne" is apparently because of the "time" it lasts while in the air, and yes, because of how much time it can last without water. Apparently it only lasts for just over an hour and is only inhalably infectious to people within your immediate vicinity.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/doctor-ebola-might-be-transmitted-by-air/
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2014/10/13/read-this-to-get-a-better-understanding-of-how-ebola-spreads/

Apparently it really is broken down to technical definitions, but see above.
#98  October 17, 2014, 08:02:15 pm
It's not something you catch by breathing in, you catch it because someone else's bodily fluids (spit) gets inside you. It's not airborne, it's the fluids.
Wikipedia (yeah, I know) and some sites define airborne disease as exactly that. I wasn't able to find a definition from WHO or something more reputable, but seems like by definition it's an airborne disease.

http://www.iaff.org/hs/resi/infdis/What_is_an_airborne_disease.htm
From what I'm reading around, the difference is that an airborne disease can be transmitted through stuff other than human bodily fluids, like aerosols and dust and such. It's still around even if you have a dry cough then dust up the air. Whereas Ebola needs your spit, and spit doesn't fly back up in the air to float around just by moving stuff around.

edit because not good enough for new post :
just consider that you still don't call a disease "airborne" if it's spread by blood contact only and someone cuts your jugular to make your blood spray in the air. Spit from coughing is the same : just because your spit is in the air still doesn't make the disease airborne.

P.S. I just watched that video
http://youtu.be/ANUI4uT3xJI
and that's seriously depressing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:47:54 am by DKDC
#99  October 17, 2014, 10:34:04 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
A very interesting documentary about how the people of Liberia are dealing with the disease:

Watching that video reminds me of the poor liquidators personnel that had to clean up the Chernobyl radioactive debris without any kind of protective gear and limited resources
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#100  October 19, 2014, 05:35:19 pm
according to wikipedia there is a few experimental medications that are being studied, but the one that actually did work is called Favipiravir (it' sounds like a perfume name).
hopefully It'll get mass produced and given to the effected countries.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞