YesNoOk

Donald McDonald and Sadodes Ako (UPDATE) by DarkDonald1 (Read 33374 times)

Started by McHooper, October 19, 2014, 04:03:49 am
Share this topic:
Donald McDonald and Sadodes Ako (UPDATE) by DarkDonald1
#1  October 19, 2014, 04:03:49 am
  • "Oh well, we all make mistakes... ta-ta for now!"
    • USA
    • Skype - darkdonald1

So, after about 2-3 years of procrastination, and no effort at all, I just decided to release what the final product of these old, old edits are; rather than actually make a difference, of course.

So, without further adieu, here you go you magnificent bastards.
Please also keep in mind: The video just takes out my frustration.

Donald McDonald: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9pmm63ihhi4x9ym/DonaldMcDonald.rar
Sadodes Ako: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cwelgz7icvy6hnx/sadodesako.rar

UPDATE 10/19/14: So, after some dude annoyingly pointed out some strange issues, I just decided to shut him up. Rude, I know, but he deserved it. Donald was updated to have some bugs fixed. Sadodes has also had a CLSNs patch and his dodge has been fixed to be thrown.
Hello there.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:06:26 am by DarkDonald1
Re: Donald McDonald and Sadodes Ako (UPDATE) by DarkDonald1
#2  October 19, 2014, 04:17:29 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Dat Ad Tho.

Homina Homina Homina
#3  October 19, 2014, 05:09:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
50 megs on Donny?  Damn, dude.

Will be testing him either way.
#4  October 19, 2014, 05:32:03 am
  • Nori
    • somecomputersomewhere@yahoo.com
#5  October 19, 2014, 11:49:33 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
Wow! Are you a long time, DarkDonald1!
#6  October 19, 2014, 12:01:23 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
DarkDonald1:
ah ah ah! :D Your video was the stuff the most funny i've seen in a while! :) I LOVED that! :D
Good job! :)
#7  October 19, 2014, 02:40:57 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Okay so...
-I would recommend changing his standing B voice clip since the move sends the foe up only if they are in the air, and not standing.
-Since this character can chain attacks backwards (At least crouching for example, C>B>A) and that his cr.C is a crossup, it can lead to a very dumb infinite in the corner.

-Also these hitboxes need some cleaning up.

You need to put some blue CLSN in with the red CLSN so attacks can trade off.
-His dodge mechanic is done wrong.

Instead of using type=hitby I think you just gave him no hitbox. You need to use type=hitby since dodge moves in fighting games can be thrown out of.
-I think his Downwards Swish move is unblockable, and really hard to avoid. I think you should play around with this move a bit more.
-His Blood Heat (Listed as a Finisher KO) is a one-hit kill move.
-I think you're forgetting something here.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#8  October 19, 2014, 05:42:42 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - darkdonald1
-I would recommend changing his standing B voice clip since the move sends the foe up only if they are in the air, and not standing.
-Since this character can chain attacks backwards (At least crouching for example, C>B>A) and that his cr.C is a crossup, it can lead to a very dumb infinite in the corner.
-Also these hitboxes need some cleaning up.
You need to put some blue CLSN in with the red CLSN so attacks can trade off.
-His dodge mechanic is done wrong.
Instead of using type=hitby I think you just gave him no hitbox. You need to use type=hitby since dodge moves in fighting games can be thrown out of.
-I think his Downwards Swish move is unblockable, and really hard to avoid. I think you should play around with this move a bit more.
-His Blood Heat (Listed as a Finisher KO) is a one-hit kill move.
-I think you're forgetting something here.

Some of these are just random glitches that do NOT, I repeat, do NOT happen with me at all. If you're using 1.0, there might be your issue. Let me give some of my own answers:
1: Yeah, the voice clip is old and outdated, but I kept it because it was just strange not to have him stupidly say "GOING UP" every time he did that move.
2: ...well damn, don't know how I passed that one.
3: I barely touched the hitboxes, so sorry if they seem messed up and jumbled, I'll try to fix them up.
4: FUCK.
5: Downwards Swish can be guarded, you have to walk forward, though.
6: Thus, why it is called "Finisher KO."
7: That's a random glitch, I've never seen that happen before at all...

In conclusion, I already knew Sadodes was a complete mess, though I didn't know that they were messes that anyone cared to notice since a LOT of Shiki edits have the same problems. Though, strangely aside from Sadodes, I haven't heard legitimate feedback from Donald yet. Note me when I say yet.
Hello there.
#9  October 19, 2014, 06:27:05 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Sadodes Air A has an infinite (works on bigger characters)
#10  October 19, 2014, 08:41:10 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I haven't heard legitimate feedback from Donald yet. Note me when I say yet.

Ok then

• X is a infinite if timed right (I could only get up to 30 hits due to human fatigue but I guarantee if you coded this into the A.I. it would result in a infinite)
  • Dat debug flood (I know it was in the original but this is due to poor coding)
  • The apple bomb is unavoidable up close and the red hit box covers the whole screen (Due to the 0 time in the frame)
  • D, DF, F, Y Takes 95% life off the opponent with normal stats (Seriously
  • Dat Auto-CLSN on everything
  • Not to be a douche but you can rename Donald McDonald to Ronald McDonald because we have R's in our language (Unlike the Japanese which doesn't)
  • Infinite priority everywhere (PROTIP: legs aren't weapons, you can get hurt if someone else hits them)
  • The super version of the apple bomb is pointless since It always punishes you for using it no matter how far you are on the screen (and you can't block it)
  • Every character needs the shun goku satsu because you can do the sacred death art any day of the week, akuma won't be pissed at all
  • Two insta-kill's really and one of them is one button command... Unless if you a arc system works character then there is no need of an insta-kill... you'll just look like Master geese by Cannon Musume when doing it.
  • I don't know why the happy set isn't fast like every other version of Ronald out there
  • I don't get why D, DB, B, D, DB, B, z or D, DB, B, x+z is a level 2 super
  • Why does Blood heat freeze time.
  • If you CTRL+F1 or F1 (Depending what side he is on) Ronald before the round starts, he dies but the round never ends unless you hit F5
#11  October 19, 2014, 11:02:09 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
[youtube]v=TkJu41Q268Q[/youtube]

While I give you lots of credit for creativity (Price is right with useless move commentary.... that's clever), this video features a lot of fluff that's a little unnecessary and silly. Your production is great, but keep it tighter for a character release.

It's also great to see that you edited Ronald. I'd so test this out right now but I'm at work. >:(
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#12  October 19, 2014, 11:06:55 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
6: Thus, why it is called "Finisher KO."
Admittedly I kinda thought about it being only used when the foe has his health down to a certain point, kinda like Blazblue, but that was just me.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#13  October 20, 2014, 12:57:48 am
    • USA
    • Skype - darkdonald1
  • X is a infinite if timed right (I could only get up to 30 hits due to human fatigue but I guarantee if you coded this into the A.I. it would result in a infinite)
  • Dat debug flood (I know it was in the original but this is due to poor coding)
  • The apple bomb is unavoidable up close and the red hit box covers the whole screen (Due to the 0 time in the frame)
  • D, DF, F, Y Takes 95% life off the opponent with normal stats (Seriously
  • Dat Auto-CLSN on everything
  • Not to be a douche but you can rename Donald McDonald to Ronald McDonald because we have R's in our language (Unlike the Japanese which doesn't)
  • Infinite priority everywhere (PROTIP: legs aren't weapons, you can get hurt if someone else hits them)
  • The super version of the apple bomb is pointless since It always punishes you for using it no matter how far you are on the screen (and you can't block it)
  • Every character needs the shun goku satsu because you can do the sacred death art any day of the week, akuma won't be pissed at all
  • Two insta-kill's really and one of them is one button command... Unless if you a arc system works character then there is no need of an insta-kill... you'll just look like Master geese by Cannon Musume when doing it.
  • I don't know why the happy set isn't fast like every other version of Ronald out there
  • I don't get why D, DB, B, D, DB, B, z or D, DB, B, x+z is a level 2 super
  • Why does Blood heat freeze time.
  • If you CTRL+F1 or F1 (Depending what side he is on) Ronald before the round starts, he dies but the round never ends unless you hit F5

I get ya. Lemme give some reactions:

-There's apparently infinites everywhere with me, probably because I suck at trying to be innovative working around that, oh well. I could fix it.
-Oh, Jesus...
-I knew I should've shrunk the hitbox on that damned explosion.
-Wait, what? Unless you're talking about doing it repeatedly, I don't see how that's an issue.
-I don't remember using auto-CLSN on much, actually.
-To be respective, I kept him as Donald since he is still Japanese, unlike Donalddesu's Ronald, who actually speaks English.
-God damn those collision box placements.
-I probably shoud've made it guardable... or just scrapped the idea, but whatever.
-It's an old gimmick, sorry.
-The thing is, I thought the added difficulty of HAVING to pull off being in Heat mode was rare enough, but yeah, should've thought about that a little better.
-I don't get it. Happy Set is normally the same speed in every Donald/Ronald edit.
-I knew I should've made it into a lower-level super to prevent the over-abundance of Level 2's.
-Idfk, I think I wanted to see how easy freezing the screen is, while also having cool looking effects.
-That's more than likely a glitch with 1.0, that has never happened to me.

IN ANOTHER CONCLUSION, you probably could've guessed that after like 3 years, these things would've never been THAT great. For me, being the mediocre programmer that I am, obviously cannot see major problems, though I'm glad I could see the real issues so I don't mess up in the future.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Though to be fair, thanks. You helped more than Jenngra505 did with his whole "I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECT" deal.
Hello there.
#14  October 22, 2014, 12:00:56 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
-Wait, what? Unless you're talking about doing it repeatedly, I don't see how that's an issue.
I forgot to mention that this is due to it being unairrecoverable and yes I meant it doing it repeatedly but a free 95% health move just reminds me of Rugal KOF 94 genocide cutter sadFun times

-I probably shoud've made it guardable... or just scrapped the idea, but whatever.
Or you could just not make it not hit yourself (I think it's just one flag in the hitdef that you need to get rid of)

-The thing is, I thought the added difficulty of HAVING to pull off being in Heat mode was rare enough, but yeah, should've thought about that a little better.
The only real difficulty I see is getting to round three and having the health parameters but D,D, c+z is not really a feat to perform and the other insta-kill is just a basic KOF command (An analog one to be precise which if you used to these commands there not hard to preform even on a keyboard which I use all the time)

-I don't get it. Happy Set is normally the same speed in every Donald/Ronald edit.
I meant the super version of it, in most other edits when he does the super he does his light version of his happyset in yours he does the EX version of it making the super pretty punishable.

-Idfk, I think I wanted to see how easy freezing the screen is, while also having cool looking effects.
IMO I think it just makes it a "I win" button especially when you can do that insta-kill the requires blood heat and also because the blood heat takes no time to fire up, Even Dio brando's time freeze had some punishment towards it in how much time it took to do the super.

I'm sorry if my feedback was sort of aggressive and somewhat vague I'm sort of like that with feedback.
Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:04:03 am by ★~~♥❤~Λ♍Ї-sӆn~❤♥~~★
#15  October 23, 2014, 11:38:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - darkdonald1
Hello there.
#16  October 24, 2014, 05:39:24 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
It's all good, when I get some time I'll take a look at these issues and see what I can do, I can't guarantee perfection though, and if there is still a few bugs then, well... idk.

Don't be so hard on yourself. All of us heavy hitters here at Guild all strive for perfection, so no matter what you do, someone will always find something. At the end of the day, you're making an effort to fix what was listed thus far. And that effort right there is what all of this is about. Even if you did in fact fix everything, we'd still find something to complain about. ;)

Looking forward to your fixes. Best wishes in your endeavors.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.