YesNoOk

Been a long long time. Hmm... how popular is Mugen these days? (Read 5357 times)

Started by GameCop, October 26, 2014, 10:47:53 am
Share this topic:
Been a long long time. Hmm... how popular is Mugen these days?
#1  October 26, 2014, 10:47:53 am
  • Ambassador
    • www.1emulation.com
Howdy ya'll,
I'm the Ambassador from (and owner of) 1Emulation.com... no seriously, I am! Once upon a time, emulation and Mugen were 1:1. And yes, Valodim (your owner) is an ambassador on my site. Believe it or not, I think we did this Ambassador thing almost 10 years ago... ? I won't lie, it's pretty awesome! :D

Anyway, it's cool to see this place is still alive and kicking. My site is still alive, but our forum activity has definitely dropped down drastically in these past few years with the rise of social networking sites (Facebook, Reddit, etc.) taking up everybody's time. Battling it has certainly become a challenge.

How is the Mugen community these days? Is it still 2D... any 3D Mugen software in the works? How is the activity here on MFG?

It's great to be back! :)

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:52:29 am by GameCop
Re: Been a long long time. Hmm... how popular is Mugen these days?
#2  October 26, 2014, 12:12:25 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I remember you!

Nope Mugen is the same pretty much.
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:25:19 pm by Caddie
#3  October 26, 2014, 03:52:11 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Holy crap!! GameCop!? I've only seen your name throughout the higher ups here, so to see you actually posting is refreshing. While I can't account for Mugen beyond my 5 years when I started at Mugen-Infantry, I can definitely say that Mugen is still wildly popular. At least to us diehard regulars. :P

It's good to see you post and active.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

GLB

#4  October 26, 2014, 04:17:37 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Mugen's still alive and kicking that's for sure. I think since that time period it hasn't really done anything but grow, and here especially. There's so many new awesome projects and awesome creators!
#5  October 26, 2014, 04:20:34 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Mugen's still alive and kicking that's for sure. I think since that time period it hasn't really done anything but grow, and here especially. There's so many new awesome projects and awesome creators!

That's an understatement. What I really like as of late are the regulars who are releasing some solid, continual content. There's a lot of tenure here at Guild, and that's my favorite part about all of this.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

GLB

#6  October 26, 2014, 04:24:04 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
That's an understatement. What I really like as of late are the regulars who are releasing some solid, continual content. There's a lot of tenure here at Guild, and that's my favorite part about all of this.

Lol! You're right. I also gotta agree with the final part of that, I also love how fast new creators pop up.
#7  October 26, 2014, 05:07:32 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
OMG dude great to see you again! Haven't seen you in years!

Thanks again for hosting my website back in the day. :D

#8  October 27, 2014, 04:40:55 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#9  October 27, 2014, 06:34:50 pm
#10  November 14, 2014, 10:32:48 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
hi!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#11  November 19, 2014, 02:27:50 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Nope, I think its still the same and you might still see some very old faces here. Projects have been taking off with lots of talent in the guild Id have to say.
New #12  November 19, 2014, 03:32:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I never get any credit for bringing you and valodim together to begin with! :doom:

How long has it been since The TeamPlayer was mod there?!!! Man that's been forever!
Today I stick with JustNoPoint. I'd say this is the best time to be involved in mugen out of any eras! Times have changed a lot!

Give us a shout back when you pass through the thread again!
Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:38:33 am by Just No Point
#13  November 19, 2014, 03:34:10 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'd say this is the best time to be involved in mugen out of any eras!
I'm gonna have to agree with this for the most part. There are a lot more people throwing their hats into the ring of creation, and it's pretty neat to see what some of them come up with. I'm not a fan of some of the stuff that's been coming out lately, but that's not really a concern. It's still cool to see lots of active projects going on.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?