YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 399150 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#41  November 16, 2014, 10:00:16 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Has anyone tried brightening the image? :smug:

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#42  November 16, 2014, 11:00:00 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Has anyone tried brightening the image? :smug:
On the "Offline" site?

Yes I just tried it, there is nothing there.

Well whatever the future holds for him, I hope it's the right decision. Not for our sake, but for his sake as to why he decided to take his site offline. ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#43  November 16, 2014, 11:18:31 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#44  November 27, 2014, 04:04:22 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

Fanmade fake trailer but holy shit.

(although how Freddy Fazbear gets a mall is beyond me)
#45  November 27, 2014, 04:26:41 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Woah that's good animating.
#46  December 03, 2014, 04:46:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
So apparently FNaF1 updated on my Steam today with TWO patches. The first was a whopping 218 MB, the second was 3.4 MB. Gonna try play around see if there's anything new.

EDIT: Well at the very least, SOMETHING got added. The version is now v1.131 (the last one was 1.13)

EDIT2: So from what I'm reading the biggest change is that Steam Broadcasting support was added so you can watch your friends close the left door and not do anything for five minutes. BUT knowing that this is Scott, I wonder if there's anything else hidden in there.
Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:56:05 am by Jango Hakamichi
#47  December 06, 2014, 07:38:09 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#48  December 06, 2014, 07:52:20 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
You mean there's going to be a 3rd installment of the series? Kreygasm

#49  December 07, 2014, 12:45:51 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
http://www.scottgames.com/

Anyone notice the giant yellow 3?
Is this another one of those TURN THE SATURATION/BRIGHTNESS WAY UP things because all I see what looks like the "offline until next time" image. Or I have to clear my cache.

You mean there's going to be a 3rd installment of the series? Kreygasm
It makes sense he'd make a 3rd game. Aside from the fact that games are making him LODS OF EMONE, FNaF2 introduced so many unanswered plot points that it would be criminal to NOT continue. It would be like if J.K. Rowling ended Harry Potter after Voldemort got resurrected.

As cool as a third game sounds, I REALLY hope Scott takes his time. It's really obvious to tell that FNaF2 was rushed out the door and that Scott kind of missed what made the first game great by adding in too many things to keep tabs on so that you didn't have time to be scared. There's a lot I could say on what needs to be changed for a third game to be good, but it can be pretty much be summed up with Scott slowing down.
#50  December 07, 2014, 03:12:58 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Enough of the night time jobs. How about a game where you work in the restaurant in the afternoon, and the animatronics STILL go haywire? Because I think 2 night time job games are kind of pushing it as "same game". Or at least mix it up with the first hours afternoon, then end the shift at night time where the animatronics are even more bizarre than at the day time.

#51  December 07, 2014, 01:13:00 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Hrm? The 3's gone missing. Brightening the image shows nothing.

#52  December 08, 2014, 03:13:30 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Enough of the night time jobs. How about a game where you work in the restaurant in the afternoon, and the animatronics STILL go haywire? Because I think 2 night time job games are kind of pushing it as "same game". Or at least mix it up with the first hours afternoon, then end the shift at night time where the animatronics are even more bizarre than at the day time.
It wouldn't make sense to have it during the afternoon.
Spoiler: FNaF2 spoilers (click to see content)
Ignoring all of that, playing during the afternoon wouldn't feel nearly as creepy atmospherically. Part of what made the first game scary was the use of darkness to hide the animatronics. Get rid of that, and... well, it's just not scary any more.
#53  December 08, 2014, 05:31:42 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:35:08 am by Jango Hakamichi
#54  December 08, 2014, 05:52:24 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Also if you look in page source, you can find the words 30 years later, and only one. I also heard before that the source had soon in it.
Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:00:46 am by R565
#55  December 15, 2014, 07:06:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Okay so after being constantly bothered to watch it, I watched Game Theorists' FNaF2 vid and... well aside from all the rambling and stating obvious shit that everyone should already know by now, there are only two bits that stand out to me.

• The Puppet is the crying child from the Take Cake to the Children death minigame, backed up by the fact that the puppet's eye lines resemble the child's tear lines. And also that he's still around in the first game in the wall posters
  • The Purple Man, and ultimately the murderer of the five children is actually Phone Guy, because in the S-A-V-E-T-H-E-M minigame, the purple man's sprite looks like it's carrying a phone. And that he knows a lot about the puppets. And that he refers to management as "them" and talks about "the employees," as if his position isn't tied to the company.

The Puppet one could be valid, but I still think that's a bit of a stretch. PHONE GUY, however...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler: MY Theory (click to see content)

ANYWAY, ignoring all of this, the offline image got changed AGAIN.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also the metadata got changed to read: "five nights at freddys, taking a break, Merry Christmas everyone! :)"

I really hope this means he's going to take his time and properly develop the third game.
Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:09:36 am by Jango Hakamichi
#56  December 15, 2014, 04:40:53 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com

The streamers for this game can be awful.
#57  December 18, 2014, 09:40:51 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Scott's website got updated again!

This is a just friendly holiday reminder to not believe everything you hear. I do NOT have a twitter or twitch account. Only believe information from my official email, my official youtube account, and my official website, Scottgames.com. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

... okay never mind.
Re: Five Nights at... Disney?
#58  December 20, 2014, 09:26:49 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
It's been out for a week or so, but I didn't see anyone talk about it so here goes. What do you get when you mash up Five Nights at Freddy's with Slimebeast's classic creepypasta "Abandoned By Disney?"

You get Five Nights at Treasure Island

I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen:
  • There's significantly fewer cameras to watch, made worse by...
  • The new way you get enemies out of your office. Mickey is apparently blind and guided by sound, so you can distract him by shutting off one of your cameras and he'll go after that. It takes time for a camera to come back on, so part of the tension comes from having to reduce your ability to track these guys to save your life.
  • There are a few suits (I dunno if they're supposed to be animatronics since the original creepypasta just had them as costumes) confirmed so far.
    • The Inverted Mickey from Abandoned By Disney
    • A Goofy body missing a head (so far it was never actually shown moving)
    • Donald Duck's disembodied head that sometimes just pops up on your desk and is generally just very loud. You get rid of him the same way, but I guess he's supposed to be the Balloon Boy of this game?
    • Oswald, who the game goes to great pains to mention that he's an unfinished model without textures, although I have to admit that seeing a shadowy Oswald hiding in the shadows is pretty neat.
    • ... Another Mickey Mouse, but this one based on the creepypasta SuicideMouse.avi or something like that.
  • Instead of one phone guy giving you directions, it's a team of Disney Imagineers. While the voice acting is pretty low-quality, there's a neat concept in place: in that what was shown so far, the Imagineers argue with each other about how the costumes work

So while there are a few good ideas here, there are a few problems as well
#59  December 20, 2014, 09:37:22 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
That's pretty dope.  I dig Abandoned By DIsney a lot.
#60  December 20, 2014, 12:14:47 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Watched a playthrough of it. Damn fuck that duck is loud, and it would appear you have to shut off multiple cameras to get rid of him, unless that's just a glitch.

There's also a weird melted red figure that sometimes appears.