YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 471785 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#161  November 30, 2014, 01:29:35 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I don't know, I feel like when you get into stuff like "Chewbacca and Yoda were totally bros he just never mentioned it" you've gone too far. And I was never a big fan of Anakin being the be-all end-all of the prequel movies in the first place. It just felt like retroactive fait accompli.

EDIT: Actually, I suppose it was, but it didn't have to be so obvious as making him Force Jesus.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:34:14 am by Speedpreacher
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#162  November 30, 2014, 01:37:38 am
I don't know, I feel like when you get into stuff like "Chewbacca and Yoda were totally bros he just never mentioned it" you've gone too far.
Ah, right, I get your point. Yeah, that's something you typically see in fanfictions. Bad ones.
As for Anakin's story, that's always been the plan, but... the prequel movies were pretty badly done, showing you Anakin's evolution by being an idiot, not making you connect in any way with him to understand his evolution, and telling you "well that's what happened, you're supposed to feel so and so about them, take it or leave it". But on paper, it's supposed to make sense as a whole. (the "Force Jesus" with the midchlo..ri...dians...? things was just terrible writing, also supposed to tell you "yes, he's Jesus because here's some new science that says so, so from now on just accept that he's The One")
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#163  November 30, 2014, 01:50:35 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
What prequel movies, what are you guys talking about?
#164  November 30, 2014, 01:53:55 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Iunno, there is a legend about some never released prequel movie that are pretty bad but thats just a legend.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#165  December 01, 2014, 05:51:52 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

Bea

#166  April 16, 2015, 08:13:26 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:42:40 pm by Bea
#167  April 16, 2015, 08:28:39 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Someone put me in a coma, I can't wait either!
#168  April 16, 2015, 08:30:09 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
My caution is suddenly lessened.

Bea

#169  April 16, 2015, 08:34:38 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I literally lost it and cried when I heard Han saying that.
I don't have a bad felling about this at all.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#170  April 17, 2015, 12:27:00 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
SO GREAT!!!  :smitten:

Bea

#171  April 17, 2015, 02:33:12 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

#172  April 17, 2015, 03:15:33 pm
You know, between that BI article and a French article on some news site, it's the second time I see comments on the "unidentified voice" that says "the Force is strong in my family, my father has it, I have it, my sister has it". ... Is there anyone who remembers that it's the exact line Luke said to Leia in episode VI to let her know that she was his sister, just before he went to fight Vader ? It's not a new line that a new character is saying, it's not Luke saying it again (implying that Vader is still alive since he's talking in the present tense - yes, I've seen that wild guess), it's totally a flashback.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#173  April 17, 2015, 03:20:50 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I don't quite get where those people are getting the whole "unidentified" either, since it is clearly Mark Hamill's voice there.
And his father is now part of the force, so he still has it.

#174  April 23, 2015, 08:24:06 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Bea

#175  April 23, 2015, 09:00:48 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Those are awesome news! :D
I am glad they will be taking risks with the Star Wars brand.

#176  April 23, 2015, 10:14:55 pm
    • USA
Wait, I just had a thought. Is Kyle Katarn still canon?
#177  April 23, 2015, 10:17:12 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Probably unless otherwise stated. Wouldn't surprise me if he was.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#178  April 23, 2015, 10:18:32 pm
    • USA
Aww :(

Bea

#179  April 23, 2015, 10:21:15 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

#180  May 01, 2015, 07:13:08 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Well there ya go.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox