Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#81  December 05, 2014, 05:19:50 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It looks like a downgraded, special version of her SFIII super Tenseiranka.
#82  December 05, 2014, 05:24:37 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It's not an air rave, but cancelilng hop kicks into air special IS an air combo.  That doesn't necessarily mean you'll be seeing Marvel style combos but I do expect more leniency after people complained about links in SF4.  That is both good and bad.
#83  December 05, 2014, 05:45:43 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I'm hoping they bring back the parry mechanic in some form. It's the reason I still play SF3 over SF4.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#84  December 05, 2014, 05:48:27 pm
    • USA
I disagree, I think parry would be hazardous to the system if it's anything like SF4.  Parry basically discourages random pokes/fireballs without extreme consideration for what you're doing.  SF4 already nerfs fireballs a lot as is so I don't really want to see zoning get neutered that hard.  I'd like a defensive system similar to parry though, maybe something like the focus armor but without the attack?
#85  December 05, 2014, 05:54:29 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#86  December 05, 2014, 05:55:43 pm
What do you guys think the timeline on this game will be? Is it finally after III or just a direct sequel to IV?
#87  December 05, 2014, 05:56:51 pm
    • USA
ultra had the ttt2 problem where it basically had almost everyone so ill bet the roster might be different this time. theres no telling with capcom, though

Yeah, I think this game will have much fewer characters.  I think SF4 was their "all star" game and this will have a small handful.  Less is more usually.

What do you guys think the timeline on this game will be? Is it finally after III or just a direct sequel to IV?

Honestly I think SF3 has been DMC2'd.  I think this will take place after SF4 and before SF3.
#88  December 05, 2014, 05:59:58 pm
Silly nerd concern, every new SF game is its own continuity now since 4AE came out. That's official. That means III chars can meet people who died in Zero.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#89  December 05, 2014, 06:07:01 pm
Explain to me why Charles is still dead.
#90  December 05, 2014, 06:07:36 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#91  December 05, 2014, 06:08:46 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I think I'll wait until SF V: Ultra Super Craptastic Plus EX Infinity Reloaded is released to acquire it. Do not want to waste my money on intermediate subproducts with undeveloped features or locked-in ones.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#92  December 05, 2014, 06:10:31 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Shit, 90 replies in 4 hours. That's hot.
#93  December 05, 2014, 06:11:51 pm
    • USA
maybe something like the focus armor but without the attack?
You mean, like a parry?  Because that's exactly what it is.

Nope.  Focus armor doesn't leave you at enough of an advantage to do whatever attack you want.  You can ash out of it or let the focus hit unless you're willing to spend meter on an FADC.  Also armor is not the same state as parry at all, parry makes you disregard the attack entirely, armor is armor.

I think I'll wait until SF V: Ultra Super Craptastic Plus EX Infinity Reloaded is released to acquire it. Do not want to waste my money on intermediate subproducts with undeveloped features or locked-in ones.

I'll rent it if that.  Depends on how good it is.  Not giving 60 dollars to Capcom in their current state.
Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:15:44 pm by Duos
#94  December 05, 2014, 06:19:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

I might get it as long as it's not sfiv v. the models anatomy does not inspire me a lot of faith, tho.
#95  December 05, 2014, 06:21:55 pm
    • USA
Another thing I'd like to take into account is the possible disrepency between versions.  As it stands I don't need to buy a new console for the game but if the PC verison is poorly optimized...
#96  December 05, 2014, 06:26:37 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Also armor is not the same state as parry at all, parry makes you disregard the attack entirely, armor is armor.
Saying "armor is armor" is like saying "cheesecake is cheesecake".

Though I suppose even talking about anything like this at this point is pointless. We only have 15 seconds of footage of super in-dev models and system mechanics.
#97  December 05, 2014, 06:28:24 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
When random characters are here... meh...

...when Yun and Yang are added. WHOAAH!!! *Picks popcorn*
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#98  December 05, 2014, 06:30:00 pm
    • USA
I worded it like that because I assumed everyone was familiar with how armor functioned in fighters.  Let me use an example with chars in both games.

In SF3, if Hugo parries your poke, he can go directly into a command grab before you can clean up after yourself.
In SF4, if Hugo focuses your poke, he has to dash, giving you ample time to get out of there.  Also, focus does not leave you in recovery, your attack continues as is.

Does that analogy make more sense?
#99  December 05, 2014, 06:31:34 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i want to wait for the inevitable paid upgrade but fuck the idea of an sf5 just gets me so hype im probably gonna buy it at launch
#100  December 05, 2014, 06:38:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。