YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2926431 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#141  December 05, 2014, 09:36:17 pm
Oh, and remove comeback ultras but who am I kidding that shit won't happen.

Really think about it, in high level play how often has this "comeback" feature really been used to complete a comeback? Ultras have worked as an offensive tool for the most part as SF4's metagame has developed and really hasn't rewarded people for losing like people say it has. If you're a smart player and you are outplaying your opponent you probably won't get hit by an ultra, and if you do, you'll probably end up using yours to kill your opponent off. Not to mention it doesn't carry over round to round like super does.

Kinda like how X-Factor didn't really end up being used for comebacks in todays marvel 3, it's used to kill off characters now more than anything.
#142  December 05, 2014, 09:37:08 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#143  December 05, 2014, 09:39:41 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#144  December 05, 2014, 09:40:52 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I just hope some fightpads come out for the PS4 before it launches because the DS4 just isn't built for these kind of games IMO.
This is new to me.  Is the DS4 that difficult to adjust in fighters due to the d-pad being clunky or something? Just wondering here since I've been playing on DS3 for most fighters.

It's a tad stiff, and that makes diagonals a little tricky to pull off. I almost pulled my hair out trying to execute Sol's instant kill on the boss last night. Simply would not come out reliably. I've heard others mention similar complaints as well.
#145  December 05, 2014, 09:42:35 pm
    • USA
#146  December 05, 2014, 09:45:03 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Really, this shit, still? How very 'next gen'.
This is why I think 3d games are ugly. Also, that looks pretty ugly to me.
I have yet to be impressed. Like, you gotta do a LOT better.
#147  December 05, 2014, 09:46:53 pm
Really think about it, in high level play how often has this "comeback" feature really been used to complete a comeback? Ultras have worked as an offensive tool for the most part as SF4's metagame has developed and really hasn't rewarded people for losing like people say it has. If you're a smart player and you are outplaying your opponent you probably won't get hit by an ultra, and if you do, you'll probably end up using yours to kill your opponent off.

That's the thing, you gain meter for getting/absorbing hits. After taking enough damage, you gain access to (generally speaking) your most powerful move, allowing you to turn the tide of a battle. Sounds like something that can be used to complete a comeback.

Also being smart doesn't make one impervious to getting hit; all it takes is a jab (easy to land attack) and boom, combo into ultra.
#148  December 05, 2014, 09:46:59 pm
Pretty sure that's a rock, Balth
#149  December 05, 2014, 09:47:00 pm
Pretend it's a piercing.
#150  December 05, 2014, 09:48:54 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Ohh my God, this notice made my day, I'm big fan of Street Fighter since I was child, and looks really great, I hope make the plot like Street Fighter Alpha series, probably I will get this game in my Pc, personally I think that some chars needs to get back like Sodom, Birdie, Retsu, Geki, more balanced fighters per saga, my personal roster like this one:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#151  December 05, 2014, 09:49:12 pm
I see what you mean but that seems like a hell of a stretch IMO, games with moves tied to having low life existed before SF4 and they have existed independent of focus attacks.
It's been advertised as such ever since the day it was revealed and I don't really care if you disagree.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#152  December 05, 2014, 09:50:44 pm
It's a tad stiff, and that makes diagonals a little tricky to pull off. I almost pulled my hair out trying to execute Sol's instant kill on the boss last night. Simply would not come out reliably. I've heard others mention similar complaints as well.
Probably may take a while to get use to, or switching to the control stick is the alternative until the arcade fightstick if the pad is that bad.  Reminds me of trying to use the 360 pad from a demo and can't get inputs correctly.
#153  December 05, 2014, 09:50:56 pm
Really think about it, in high level play how often has this "comeback" feature really been used to complete a comeback? Ultras have worked as an offensive tool for the most part as SF4's metagame has developed and really hasn't rewarded people for losing like people say it has. If you're a smart player and you are outplaying your opponent you probably won't get hit by an ultra, and if you do, you'll probably end up using yours to kill your opponent off.

That's the thing, you gain meter for getting/absorbing hits. After absorbing enough, you gain access to your most powerful move allowing you to turn the tide of a battle. Sounds like something that can be used to complete a comeback.

Also being smart doesn't make one impervious to getting hit; all it takes is a jab (easy to land attack) and boom, combo into ultra.

It usually doesn't go down like that, that almost NEVER happens.

Most of the time the better player wins in SF4, ultra has been anything but a comeback feature for those that play the game, it's a tool that's just used later in the round. It doesn't put the losing player at an advantage because the winning player gets it anyway, and it's not typical that the losing, inferior player wins rounds because of it.
#154  December 05, 2014, 09:59:46 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
All I know is: Sean, anyone from SF1, and Q, Oro, and Twelve need to make a comeback. And maybe Mech Zangeif becoming something new. Personally, I don't really like the shading style, it's too dark. Hopefully, it's faster than 4, because I hated it's slow speed.
#155  December 05, 2014, 10:02:10 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Really, this shit, still? How very 'next gen'.
This is why I think 3d games are ugly. Also, that looks pretty ugly to me.
I have yet to be impressed. Like, you gotta do a LOT better.

That's a pretty low quality image. We'll have to wait for some actual screenshots.
#156  December 05, 2014, 10:03:27 pm
    • USA
He's  pointing out that Ryu's lip deforms in the circled area.
#157  December 05, 2014, 10:05:40 pm
Most of the time the better player wins in SF4, ultra has been anything but a comeback feature for those that play the game, it's a tool that's just used later in the round. It doesn't put the losing player at an advantage because the winning player gets it anyway, and it's not typical that the losing, inferior player wins rounds because of it.

I'm not arguing the level of play, it's more about how the mechanic is designed.

Ultra is something you get while taking damage. This rewards the losing player with meter that the winning player does not receive. This player (if he's decent) can use that to suddenly put the player who's winning at a disadvantage. If the skill level is close enough, this one mechanic can mean the difference between winning and losing. Bleh.

Sounds a bit like like I'm ranting, but I just detest those kind of mechanics in general.

SNT

#158  December 05, 2014, 10:06:36 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
He's  pointing out that Ryu's lip deforms in the circled area.
That's not his lip deforming, that's his gi clipping with his mouth.

It's alpha footage, cut it some slack.
#159  December 05, 2014, 10:14:58 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#160  December 05, 2014, 10:29:41 pm
sf4 didn't gave me  any satisfaction like they did in sfex or sfz.

so i guess this is the new title they were talking about...so much for a new rival school game.