YesNoOk

Character Request Topic (Read 236482 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, June 02, 2014, 07:23:10 am
Share this topic:
Character Request Topic
#1  June 02, 2014, 07:23:10 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:10:56 pm by KingPepe2010
Re: Character Request Topic
#2  June 11, 2014, 04:26:29 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
I'll be reposting my idea on the Famicom character here, but I can't repost the pic yet since I'm typing this on my Wii U, So I'll fix that later. There are also some revisions here...

Famicom (Fam, Famiko, Fami?)

Would be an OC representing the console itself and the tools made for it (microphone, power pad, power glove, zapper) and through them she could even draw aspects from games that normally would'nt be representable (like Duck Hunt).

Her basic body language would be based on Mario's from Donkey Kong and DK.Jr from DK2 since they were the first games released on the Famicom.
Her basic attacks however would be based on the notorious Bad Street Brawler since the game was made to use the Power Glove.
Some special moves would be based on the Zapper like shooting at the sky to make a Duck fall down from above and hit the opponent in the head, or a counter move where she holdsters the gun and shoots if the opponent attacks her, alternatively, a crosshair appears and she has to aim it at the opponent to make it hit.
The microphone could be used like Blancas electricity, but instead using soudwaves. It could even be used as a Hyper Combo.
The powerpad however is unsure.

Her hyper combos would use each of the gadgets in some way.
A Power Glove based move, perhaps it could be like a Falcon Punch.
A zapper based move.
But her strongest would be based on the Nintendo World Championship, jumping on the opponent, bouncing out of the screen and hitting them with a car, sending them flying into a sign or a tree ending with a ton of Tetris blocks falling down on the opponent.

Her win poses would be:
Standing dramatically, using the PowerPad as a cape.
Spinning her zapper, aiming it upwards and firing in a badass pose, just to have a duck land on her head, ending with the Duckhunt dog laughing.
Doing the famous Power Glove pose... it's so bad...

I suppose her role could be like Ingrid in Capcom Fighting Jam, being a Sub-Boss, but not really a badguy.
#3  June 13, 2014, 08:11:34 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I'm not sure if she would play any kind of role in the story (...which I haven't fully come up yet, gj pepe) but I think being a sub-boss + secret character would work best for her if she's going to be a representative of the console itself. Also looking at the moveset, I'm assuming you're trying to make her a defensive character?

I'm not entirely sure on using stuff from Bad Street Brawler or NWC for her since I don't recall those games being released for the Famicom (correct me if I'm wrong however) but then again, despite the name of this game I might just mix in some stuff that was from the NES only. I remember the Power Glove being released in Japan itself though so that's totally fine.
BGC Forums
#4  June 13, 2014, 08:43:33 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Well Bad Street Brawler was one of two games to use the Power Glove, the other was a breakout style game made by Rare, but I felt it was going to be just another projectile attack, and BSB had some insane moves like lifting someone up and spinning them around upright before throwing them away.

Otherwise, her Strongest Hyper could have her charge up the PowerGlove, with a text above reading "BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE WARPZONE" Before punchin the opponent through the side of the arena, and across different NES locales before plummeting on the otherside of the screen.

I also had an idea regarding boss characters outside the Pirated Games Bosses.

They would be classical game villians like Koopa, Dracula, Ganon, Dr.Wily, and so on. But they would play out like in their respective games, so Dracula would teleport and shoot three fireballs and using his monstrous form for Round 2, While Ganon would remain invisible, shooting fireballs, and the player would have to find out where he is and strike.
This would make them more boss like and perhaps serve as some kinda lethal mini-game.
#5  June 13, 2014, 09:21:51 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
There was this one wrestling game... I don't know what it is, but in Famicom Hisi Tai, there were some characters from it, and a stage. Could anybody from that get in? I think it was a Kinnikuman game, though, but not MUSCLE. I think Mario was a guest character, too...
#6  June 14, 2014, 06:59:12 pm
    • USA
@rukifellth: Yeah, true. I'm not saying we can't use any references to the Power Glove games, it's just it might seem a little out of place. Also, that hyper could totally work.
About bosses from other games, I'd rather leave the actual main bosses (a mid-boss and the final boss) to be something that's not entirely straight out of a specific series or game. I could do like some type of "boss rush" bonus game with them however.

@メインキャラクター: ...please read the guidelines.
BGC Forums
#7  September 14, 2014, 03:27:11 am
    • USA
    • xanderyatesthenerd@gmail.com
Oh gosh, this seems like such a badass concept. I really wish you luck on your game. Of course, being a NES nerd, I have a few ideas for characters or such, so here I go.

Strider, from, well, Strider
Namakubi from Zombie Nation (though this may work better as a stage, the floating samurai head blowing up the city in the background)
Mark/Bert from Monster Party
Salaryman from Takeshi's Challenge
Ninten from Mother
Rick from Splatterhouse NES
One of the battletoads, from...Battletoads...
Earthworm Jim (dunno if this counts, but was ported by fans to NES)
L Block - Tetris
Duck Hunt Dog - Duck Hunt
Layla from the game of the same name
Noah - Bible Adventures
Boy and Blob - A boy and his blob
Princess Tomato (Though this may work better as a stage)
Konami Man - Wai Wai World
Solid Snake - Metal Gear
Bill Razer - Contra

And, I know this one would require custom sprites, but what about Captain N? He could use a Zapper and summon a gameboy for attacks, and summon obscure nintendo characters to help him out in battle.

...huff huff. Wow, that's a lot. I don't except you to use many of these idea of course, that'd be a heck ton of work. But hey, maybe you can come up with some cool assist characters or stages with some of these. I do have one question though, are some stages going to be mixes of two or more nes games, more so then just a character or two cameoing in the background?
#8  September 16, 2014, 04:55:59 am
    • USA
Heh, thank you! As for the characters you've mentioned:

Strider, from, well, Strider - Considering him although if I fully decide he'll be in, I want to see if I can make him different from his MvC self.
Namakubi from Zombie Nation (though this may work better as a stage, the floating samurai head blowing up the city in the background) - Yeah, it'd be better to have a stage based off of the game.
Mark/Bert from Monster Party - He's also a possibility but let's just say if he does get in, Bert won't be the only monster he can transform into...
Salaryman from Takeshi's Challenge - Really tempted to put him in just for the shits and giggles.
Ninten from Mother - ...been kind of rethinking about his inclusion. There's a possibility although he might need a whole new set of sprites.
Rick from Splatterhouse NES - Maybe, need to see what kind of moveset.
One of the battletoads, from...Battletoads... - Very good chance, as for the Battletoad I might use it'll probably be Rash since he's player one in the original game
Earthworm Jim - I don't know if any actual homebrew attempts (and if there are, I'd rather not use those) but I know there's bootleg ports of both EWJ games to the NES. Although in the FCF progress thread, I already mentioned he'll be a helper for a certain character.
L Block - Tetris - Not very likely; would probably end up as a gimmicky character and...yeah I'd rather not have those.
Duck Hunt Dog - Duck Hunt - Kind of considering him since I could use someone to represent the Zapper.
Layla from the game of the same name - Really tempting, I need to see what kind of game style I can come up with her.
Noah - Bible Adventures - Eh, I think there might be a better character to use from Color Dreams/Wisdom Tree in all honesty. Also, Noah technically isn't an original game character.
Boy and Blob - A boy and his blob - I was thinking of having the Blob himself as his own character and for certain attacks, he can transform into other fighters.
Princess Tomato (Though this may work better as a stage) - Yeah, it'd be better to have a stage based off of the game as well.
Konami Man - Wai Wai World - I'll consider it, his attacks will probably consist of stuff from random Konami games.
Solid Snake - Metal Gear - Eh, not sure how he could work and he might be better as an assist for...
Bill Razer - Contra - This guy if he gets in. Although I'll have to make him less projectile-heavy,

And, I know this one would require custom sprites, but what about Captain N? He could use a Zapper and summon a gameboy for attacks, and summon obscure nintendo characters to help him out in battle. - Ehhhh, not really keen on adding characters that aren't from a game unless they're a sub-boss/secret boss of some sort, so I would say no to being an actual character on the roster.

For stage mixing, it kind of happened already if you took a look at Urban Champion's stage. :P

BGC Forums
#9  December 06, 2014, 12:58:44 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Holy Crap. I completely forgot about the Japanese NES games!

What I'm trying to say is that I suggest Ness from Mother 1
I don't know what you are talking about..

I'm not a furry at all. (´・ω・)
#10  December 07, 2014, 08:15:07 pm
Would The Mandarin from Captain America & The Avengers be eligible? I always loved his attacks and overall wish he was made playable in that game.
I suppose you need some villains in there =P
#11  December 08, 2014, 01:54:04 am
    • USA
@supersonicmix: First off, you mean Ninten. :P
2nd of all, look at the post above you.

@MewtwoZX: Sadly no, Mandarin was already an existing Marvel character.
BGC Forums
#12  December 08, 2014, 12:57:33 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA

#13  December 31, 2014, 03:48:37 am
  • Swiggety Swootys, Girls have those cooties.
    • USA
    • jonathan15803@gmail.com
How about Black Mage from Final Fantasy? He already has his 3 helpers and specials could be represented from his moves in the game. He would represent Square Enix. Bad thing though is he may have to have all of his sprites custom.
*burp*
#14  March 21, 2015, 03:57:29 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
Hey How About Thomas From Spartan x and Natraps anime? He is badass and have a lot of powers and helpers that appears in the anime. i don't know if will gonna a bad thing for the custom sprites but i will be waiting your answer.
#15  March 27, 2015, 02:08:01 am
    • USA
@Gamey DJ: Black Mage might be a possibility, I'll consider him

@AntonioQuirino: Thomas is a really questionable case when it comes to characters coming from other media since in the Kung Fu localization, he didn't really change. (It's still Thomas from Wheels on Meals, just without the connection now). I'm still thinking about it tbh.
BGC Forums
#16  April 05, 2015, 10:51:01 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
To be honest Ninten can be a representative of Nintendo of Japan

and Lloyd can be one of his helpers since it will be easy to pick his moves out (Bottle Rockets duh...)

EDIT: In fact I already made a plan for Ninten IF he was in the game. Its on a sheet of paper with all the explanation. Strengths, Weaknesses, I even have helpers for him.

Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:13:13 pm by supersonicmix
#17  April 06, 2015, 04:21:05 pm
    • USA
I already stated what I thought about Ninten earlier. :P
BGC Forums
#18  April 15, 2015, 02:52:32 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
can you tell me who is ninten?
#19  April 15, 2015, 03:03:47 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
He's the main character of the first game in the Mother series, (Earthbound Zero, or just Mother) that basically was the Ness or Lucas of that game.
#20  April 16, 2015, 01:30:38 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
So here's the moveset.
EDIT:
@KingPepe2010: I decided to edit them a bit so it wouldn't be cheap. Also I made the first helper now. :D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I made it during my free time at school. ^_^

Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:02:27 am by supersonicmix