YesNoOk

Evolving MUGEN: artistropeadope (Read 312301 times)

Started by artistropeadope, November 29, 2014, 09:51:34 pm
Re: Evolving MUGEN
#101  December 20, 2014, 05:42:10 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Pre-fight quotes would be nice

something on the terms of KoF XIII and UMvC 3
#102  December 20, 2014, 05:50:46 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Since where wishing upon a star. I wouldn't mind insertable sounds into stages similar to storyboards. It would make timing of certain sounds a breeze. Storyboards are already so close to BG coding that i'm surprised it didn't dawn on them to add this. To the kind but un-motivated folks at Elecbyte please add this to your 2018 update to Mugen 1.1 beta
Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:57:49 am by ELECTR0
#103  December 27, 2014, 12:43:35 am
  • My releases are at flurry.com
  • Same pixellated recycled bullshit is at this site.
    • USA
    • flurry-jo.com
If you have to reply to artistropeadope start quoting him, because he'll start deleting his posts again!
That's so... stupid I think it's the term. Yes, that's the one. :yes:
Oh, and disrupting too.

why insult me? clearly you're the stupid one. say something productive,produce something useful or kill yourself. either way don't insult strangers,dolt. is this disrupting you too moron?

okay, have fun, we wont miss you.

youre an idiot.

I'm also getting disrespectful comments from people who appear to have been doing this for a while but are clearly limited artistically & mentally.

Wait, so you mean you got backlash for undermining/disrespecting art forms that don't measure up to your own personal standards?
Well, clearly you must have created and published mugen creations of these standards yourself.

Otherwise, that'd make you a huge asshole.

why yes,yes I have. you clearly aren't aware of my work & what I have accomplished.otherwise, youre the asshole,asshole.

Hard work pays off. I have ridiculously complex chars waiting to be tested & assure you there's no limit to what MUGEN "allows". I'm also getting disrespectful comments from people who appear to have been doing this for a while but are clearly limited artistically & mentally. ill try to push MUGEN forward through my little website. at least this way i wont have to worry about strangers attacking my opinions. you all have an idea of what ill be releasing from my previous post & I appreciate the awesome advice. use this discussion to build each other.peace

ps: forgot about Electr0 stages,he's the shit.hahaha
Well, yes, in most cases, hard work does pay off, however people do this for a hobby. Nothing is more frustrating than realizing that you can't do something or have to jump through hoops to do something that's seemingly simple, all because the original developers didn't implement it naturally. These are basic things we'd expect from a fighting game engine. In my opinion, that's taking a step backward in the evolutionary chain, which leads to the conclusion that since we can't expand upon the engine itself, there's nothing we can do to evolve it more. That's not to say that implementing these features in your characters is discouraged, but that it "shouldn't" be necessary. The community really does welcome creativity of all kinds, believe it or not.

P.S.
There will be people who disagree with your opinions (generally speaking) no matter where you go. It's all about how you handle it. You can get offended and lash back or take it with a grain of salt and provide a valid rebuttal. It's up to you.

good response. offend me and you will be offended back, period. respect me & it'll be returned. i am not most people. i work hard even on my hobbies. i couldn't care less about the engine either. my focus is increasing the quality of work the community releases.either way, this is a decent response.thnx

Personally, I think the asymmetrical programming from Gill of SF3 should've been the standard for modern day mugen chars since his release.

Why? Most characters aren't asymmetrical. Why would you waste time making something standard that's only going to apply to a few characters?

a few chars? I have an entire roster of self-made asymmetrical chars. this is like saying why did reuben kee waste time creating dragonclaw? chill[/spoiler]

So why should it be standard? Because you're doing it? Asking for something to be standard means everybody should be using this code. What use does someone making, say, a Sol Badguy need for asymmetrical coding? What use does Dragon Claw have for asymmetrical coding?

relax guy. work should get better over time. you don't have to do anything.dragonclaw's creator is dead ... & his character has a symmetrical design. in fact so is sol badguy. ? making a symmetrically designed char asymmetrical is pointless. so to answer your question.there is no use,stranger. 

Don't make multiple posts, if you want to quote multiple people then use the insert quote feature in the advanced posting window. I placed your posts in the first one you made.

got it

flurry-jo.com
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:51:14 am by artistropeadope
#104  December 27, 2014, 12:52:11 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm not aware of your work either. Do you have anything you can show me so I can understand why you're posting with the attitude that your shit doesn't stink?

It better blow me away too because I'm finding it hard to not push the ban button for your insults and arrogance.
#105  December 27, 2014, 01:06:21 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Just ban him because hes extremely hostile and I see no reason he'll stop. He says he cant care less about the engine yet pretends hes the vanguard of the community pushing boundaries. He constantly puts down people with differing opinions and treats them like garbage and tells people to kill themselves. Acts like we should be praising him yet quadposts and calls people (including mods) idiots

needs to learn a lesson in humility imo
#106  December 27, 2014, 11:46:18 am
If you have to reply to artistropeadope start quoting him, because he'll start deleting his posts again!
Oh, and disrupting too.

why insult me? clearly you're the stupid one. say something productive,produce something useful or kill yourself. either way don't insult strangers,dolt. is this disrupting you too moron?
When you come back from the ban remember to delete this post too. :)
Did I say you're stupid? :)

Thanks for proving my point. :) :) :) :)

Oh, and disrupting too.

okay, have fun, we wont miss you.

youre an idiot.

The irony. :)

Also telling me to go kill myself? Hahahah.
Do you know why I'm a contributor here? Maybe because I did and do something productive. Has that idea ever crossed your mind?
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:53:11 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#107  December 27, 2014, 12:02:30 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
why yes,yes I have. you clearly aren't aware of my work & what I have accomplished.otherwise, youre the asshole,asshole.
Maybe it's because I haven't seen a single screenshot of your glorious work.

Somebody please ban this troll.
#108  December 27, 2014, 12:04:33 pm
He has already been banned.

And to think I was looking forward to his FFVII project...

Ah, one of his characters (Bahamut Sin) was a spriteswap. Just to let you know.
#109  December 30, 2014, 04:01:25 am
  • My releases are at flurry.com
  • Same pixellated recycled bullshit is at this site.
    • USA
    • flurry-jo.com
you cant randomly insult people & expect them to take it. dont ban me,delete my account. ill find a different place to release my work. admin here is ridiculous
flurry-jo.com
#110  December 30, 2014, 04:05:22 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
you cant randomly insult people & expect them to take it. dont ban me,delete my account. ill find a different place to release my work. admin here is ridiculous

Yeah, the administration is ridiculous because you act like a moron and yet you wonder why people aren't declaring you and your opinions to be the best things ever

Don't come back now :happy:
EDIT: Added quote in because he likes to delete his posts.
Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:09:24 am by Orochi Gill
#111  December 30, 2014, 04:08:34 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole

NEXUSMODS!

Speak with a guy Named The Vampire Dorkte, they will accept you there!
#112  December 30, 2014, 04:10:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That NexusMods place will accept someone that randomly insults people and thinks everyone is inferior?
#113  December 30, 2014, 04:15:10 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
since hes asking for it, lets permaban him so he wont be able to change his mind which im sure hell do
#114  December 30, 2014, 04:20:17 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nah, I'll put him in the ban cycle. That way every time he comes back and posts when it's over he'll be reminded how he just can't stay away :)
#115  December 30, 2014, 06:27:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Go to his site. Check his wips. Cloud has pixel removal animation and his clsnboxes are completely fucked.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#116  December 30, 2014, 07:31:00 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
If he used autoclsn like I think he did, it seems like it didn't know what to do and flipped out.
#117  December 30, 2014, 11:24:21 am

So you take offense over my words.

I didn't offend you but the way you were acting with all of your deleting posts! That is stupid.
If you think I said you were stupid, that means you are! Can't you see that? You have to be careful when reacting against others.

Also I'm not the one who offended randomly, unless you consider swear words to be an offense. You didn't even look at how they were used (the context) so you're flipping out for nothing.

If you can't even have a civilized discussion (just because someone said: "He's deleting posts, I think that's stupid and disrupting so start quoting him") then you're the ridiculous one. There, I said it. And at this point it's not just an offense (a very minor offense, not like the ones you threw at others), it's a statement.
And I know you explained that you wanted to delete your posts because of a silly idea about your site (you want everything not "cluttered"... whatever); I bet that if you had the power you would delete people's posts just for that.

This topic was flawed from the start.

"Evolving MUGEN" doesn't mean "Evolving MUGEN's content quality to my standards because I say so". (You had to say that in the title, right now it's misleading)
It means "Evolving (the) MUGEN engine's quality", and that's not possible because we're not Elecbyte. Try to contact them and ask them, I think they can answer your questions (in due time, that is when they get online).

Also yeah, return to your site (flurryjo.com) where no one can say anything about your spriteswap of Bahamut Sin and keep working on the other characters (that I can expect of similar quality).

Well, it's better if I don't give feedback to your almost completed original characters because boy, there is a lot to say about that, in a negative way. And you would offend me in any case, given your attitude.
Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:54:58 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#118  December 30, 2014, 01:58:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Damn Alex :o Never seen you so worked up.

Also I guess it's too late now but I wish I'd known earlier that he had a habit of deleting his posts and I would have removed that ability for him.
As it stands with him going to be banned/not returning it's pretty much mute.
#119  December 30, 2014, 04:13:30 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
if it was on nexus, he would perma and Ip banned for the rest of his life for saying "poop"
No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1
#120  June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am
Okey, I am getting a lot of PM's about my stuff and my config.. so yeah lets get it rolling.

Screenshot(Electro I love you for this stage)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Well, the first thing we need is Reshade, you can get it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd25q2558um47el/ReShade+2.0.3f1.7z

After you download extract it in its own folder, do not hit extract now, then copy that folder in mugen.
Start the assist manager click on profile and add MUGEN to profiles, then go to SHADERS and click on FXAA and HQ4X.
Add these settings.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I did not change anything on FXAA.

For mugen 1.1, you need the latest OPENGL or a decent GPU that supports it. If not use direct x.
Once you set up everything start from Mugen.exe. Use the assistant manager only to change settings.

USE THIS RESHADE, the ones with no assist manager just a textfile that you edit and a couple more of files almost OVERHEATED MY GPU. With this one the Temp is like regular mugen.

My mugen runs in 1280x960 and everything is smooth the performance hit (if any) is very small.
It will not work for MUGEN 1.0, cause it uses directX 5.
There's a lot of options to chose from by all means share your results here.
Have fun.

Thanks to YugaCurry for the info, and to the dude that opened the sweetfx original thread.
Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:02:30 am by PeXXeR