YesNoOk

Pupa by Jango Released! (Read 88275 times)

Started by Jango, February 15, 2015, 09:23:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Pupa by Jango Released!
#21  February 16, 2015, 03:10:06 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Such a great release Jango i'm enjoying her a lot.
I've notice a lot of her moves are limited in combos but i found a 50% corner combo with her
#22  February 16, 2015, 06:19:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I was thinking something like p.e. Haggars pipe attack hit sound...
Okay, so you mean more like the sound of it swinging before it hits. I could probably try it out (read: dig through TF2's sounds and add in the wrench swinging sound from the Engineer) (I don't know if I'm really going to use that effect, I'll have a look around)

BTW... What happend to Mr. Jones? Will we see a update?
Ah yes. I'm currently updating Mr. Jones around to make him more in-line with Pupa (ie: aesthetics, sounds, etc). The coding part is easy, but I'm considering remaking the SFF because it's currently a fucking mess right now.

I've notice a lot of her moves are limited in combos but i found a 50% corner combo with her
Okay, million dollar question: What damage dampener are you using?

By default, I have her set to use ROTD's system, which behaves a bit differently than most fighting games' damage dampeners. Basically the way that it works is that once you get an opponent down to half of their health, all of Pupa's attacks only do 80% damage. When the opponent is down to a quarter of his health left, Pupa only does 62.5% of her normal damage. So basically if you attempted that combo while the opponent had less than half of his health, it would do significantly less damage. It's a really weird system, I know, but it works in the context of ROTD.

If you want something more conventional, I actually stole PotS' damage dampener for his KOF chars as an alternative that you can configure.
EDIT: Whoops not Vans, it was PotS. I was using Vans' earlier but I forgot that I switched over.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:02:12 am by Jango Hakamichi
#23  February 16, 2015, 10:58:03 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Okay, million dollar question: What damage dampener are you using?

By default, I have her set to use ROTD's system, which behaves a bit differently than most fighting games' damage dampeners. Basically the way that it works is that once you get an opponent down to half of their health, all of Pupa's attacks only do 80% damage. When the opponent is down to a quarter of his health left, Pupa only does 62.5% of her normal damage. So basically if you attempted that combo while the opponent had less than half of his health, it would do significantly less damage. It's a really weird system, I know, but it works in the context of ROTD.

If you want something more conventional, I actually stole PotS' damage dampener for his KOF chars as an alternative that you can configure.
EDIT: Whoops not Vans, it was PotS. I was using Vans' earlier but I forgot that I switched over.

I'm using her default ROTD system. Also i just checked how much damage she does when opponent only has half their life which is like 35% and She does 50% when opponent health is full.
When using Pots dampener she does 35% damage when opponent health is full or at 50%.
When using no dampener she does 50% when opponent health is full or at 50%.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:08:25 am by Insigniawarfare
#24  February 16, 2015, 01:09:51 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I didn't really think anyone would turn the dampener off entirely! I guess I'll have to change some variables around to make sure it doesn't get disabled. ALTHOUGH your combo did make me realize that I accidentally screwed up the chaining for aerial moves (she's not supposed to be able to cancel moves in mid-air), so I'll fix that tomorrow.
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:14:25 pm by Jango Hakamichi
#25  February 16, 2015, 01:13:40 pm
#26  February 16, 2015, 01:23:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Okay, caught that one as well. I'll post here again when I upload the fixes.
#27  February 17, 2015, 09:31:25 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Pupa's been updated. Link is the same as on the first page, or you can download this nifty little patch file: Download

• Chaining between basics in mid-air has been removed. Ups!
  • Did a quickie fix to make sure Pupa stays above ground when she does a recovery roll. Hopefully it doesn't break anything, but I don't think it will.
  • Fixed some of the winquote compatibility coding
  • Added some more trait identifier compatibility for winquotes:
    • Winquote against Cassandra will be triggered if the opponent has anims 8055002 (female) and either 8055110 (ghastly thin) or 8055111 (slender)
    • Winquote against Lynn will be triggered if the opponent has anim 8055169 (unknown fighting style)
    • Winquote against Mr. Jones will be triggered if the opponent has anim 8055122 (Capoeira) or 8055155 (Tai Chi Chuan)
    • Winquote against Alice will be triggered if the opponent has anims 8055002 (female) AND 8055024 (is a ghost)
  • Added a list of intended references for each palette because why not?
#28  February 17, 2015, 06:24:19 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice, I actually add some idea for mr.jones like a nunjaku win pose similar to fei-long win pose from sf2 and maybe an intro against fei-long similar to bruce lee fight against kareem abdul jabbar also dunno if you can use it like that but i tried to make a new default palletes fro jones since i did not really like the current one
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:26:20 am by City_Hunter
Pupa by Jango Released! SFF Updated!
#29  February 18, 2015, 10:21:51 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I wanted to avoid doing daily updates, especially ones where a small patch can't be applied, but earlier this morning, an enigmatic Guild user named jt sent me an updated SFF where he color-separated the wrench on all of Pupa's sprites.

I updated all of the palettes to correspond to this, so all of the ones with funky shirt-colored wrenches now have more normal colors (or golden colors for the Famicom, Shiny, and Dillon palettes, or light purple for the Sam palette). So if you're a budding palette maker that was being held back by the shitty wrench/shirt sharing, your options have now greatly expanded!

@jt: thanks man

nice, I actually add some idea for mr.jones like a nunjaku win pose similar to fei-long win pose from sf2 and maybe an intro against fei-long similar to bruce lee fight against kareem abdul jabbar also dunno if you can use it like that but i tried to make a new default palletes fro jones since i did not really like the current one

The palette looks alright, but I'm going to need more time on that one. I think it needs a little more contrast

As far as the intros/winposes, that'd sound pretty cool although I'd probably have to commission someone to sprite those since I suck at doing that myself lol
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:28:01 am by Jango Hakamichi
#30  February 18, 2015, 01:05:49 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Sweet update Jango! Thanks so much! >D
#31  February 18, 2015, 06:48:44 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
definitly grabing the update and hope you find someone to help you with jones dunno hwo much it would cost but i think sean altly would be a pretty good choice since he did make some custom sprite for lynn Baker you might also want to check boggy from kaiser knuckle he might give you some idea
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:17:05 pm by City_Hunter
#32  February 27, 2015, 12:00:46 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Very nice:

Kickback Feedback:

-There is delay before you can input a "counter hit" (guard cancel attack). Makes it difficult to stop multi hit attacks since she can only retaliate after the last hit in most cases
-Crush attack can only be done in close proximity of the opponent? Also could you make it more useful to make up for no First Impact please. :P
-Real Beat can't be cancelled into
-While the wrench can be negated, it cannot negate projectiles. If two Pupas throw their wrenches at each other, they just pass through.

That's all I could find. She's really
#33  March 06, 2015, 06:15:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Woah how did I miss this?! Pupa and her patch file have both been updated:

- Bencao's wrenches can now cancel out enemy projectiles and themselves when they hit. Whoops.
- Crush Attack has a few more invincibility frames at startup.
- Fixed a bug where you could only do Crush Attack next to an opponent. That's what I get for copy-pasting the coding for the Guard Cancelling. :P
- Speaking of Guard Cancelling, added a slight pause for the opponent that lasts until the kick hits the opponent, so that Pupa will be able to hit the opponent 99.99999% of the time (I'm not saying 100% just because there may be oddities like the opponent having a ridiculous amount of red clsn and hitting from a distance where Pupa cannot reach)
- Real Beat can now be cancelled into.
- Not really a bug, but I accidentally listed Kong twice in my credits so I fixed that and added Koopakoot to the Bug Hunters list.

I have some other stuff ready (read: custom animations for some characters' special moves), but I'm going to wait until after February's Character of the Month is over, because I imagine that people that looked over Pupa initially will be downloading her now, so I don't want to put anything major in her that wasn't there prior to March. Just bugfixes for now.
Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:19:56 am by Jango Hakamichi
#34  March 06, 2015, 08:23:46 am
Nice Pupa :thumbsup:
I like ROTD.Thanks for sharing!!
Pupa Updated!
#35  April 02, 2015, 11:43:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
As promised, here's an update! The patchfile isn't updated, but the main download on the first page is.

Nothing really in the way of gameplay tweaks, but I do have a bunch of new things!

First the not-so important. I made a few optional alt palettes based on video game consoles, following in the footsteps of Pupacom.

(Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Super NES, and XBOX 360)

DOWNLOAD CONSOLE PALETTE PACK

A step up from that, I added a shitload of compatibility to optional animation standards.

Spoiler: the optional anims (click to see content)

Last but not least, since Pupa won COTM 2015, I decided to offer my own way of recognizing the other nominees.

Every character that made it to the voting round will have a little heart explod displayed during Pupa's intro. In addition to that, they all get unique winquotes as well:

(vs Morrigan, obviously)

So that takes care of that, I hope you like this little something I whipped up, and as usual, if you find anything, let me know.

Cheers!
#36  April 02, 2015, 12:52:55 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Oh my god, I didn't even know some of these animations existed. Wonderful~

Shit
#37  April 02, 2015, 01:04:29 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Oh wow is that Midnight Bliss Cerebella? Awesome.

I'm not sure what that winquote means though, the english/grammar seems a bit weird in it. I just might not understand it though.
#38  April 02, 2015, 01:40:33 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Yup, it's Cerebella. I figured that the two both have kinda have the same "tragic past but happy-go-lucky otherwise" so I told MotorRoach to make Pupa look like Cerebella. Plus the style normally dictates that the women look sexier, but she's not overtly sexy in general so I wanted to keep it a bit more subdued but still look good.

Also, Rage of the Dragons is notorious for its terrible English, which doesn't bode well for Pupa who is canonically really bad at speaking English. Most of her winquotes are barely intelligible, so I tried my best to word things as awkwardly as possible without losing the meaning.
#39  April 02, 2015, 01:57:41 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Great update Jango. Thanks!
#40  April 02, 2015, 02:18:41 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Ah I see, that's actually awesome.