YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919748 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#981  February 27, 2015, 04:30:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Those characters are archetypes, i will never understand the people that think character's stories have ended and they need to go away.

Felicia will always want to sing and dance, chunli will keep fighting even after avenging her dad,  Batsu will show up even if his mother isnt kidnapped.  No fighting game will retire a character just because "his story is over" it would screw up with their avaliable assets. At most they will give us base justifications for them being around.
#982  February 27, 2015, 04:36:57 pm
Where do they say Ibuki, Yun, Yang, etc are canon though?
Where do they said they don't ?

Do you really think story is fine DKDC?
Well appart of my  stupidity  to understand a so simple concept,  CAPCOM itself saying that each Street Fighter game has their own universe and that they are not linked, makes me think that they dones't care about story that and how lame most of the intros and ending from Super Street fighter IV Arcade edition were.

#983  February 27, 2015, 04:41:47 pm
Do you really think story is fine DKDC?
Yes.
CAPCOM itself saying that each Street Fighter game has their own universe and that they are not linked, makes me think that they dones't care about story
You're wrong. Exhibit A : they're wrapping up Shadaloo's story, bringing back Nash, and incorporating him in the Illuminati plot line. This proves that they do care about the story.
Where do they said they don't ?
That's not how logic works. Without proof of the contrary (that their appearance actually matters on canon), the simplest explanation is that they're unrelated to anything and they're just here for the fun of being a fighting game.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:46:00 pm by DKDC
#984  February 27, 2015, 04:43:01 pm
Those characters are archetypes, i will never understand the people that think character's stories have ended and they need to go away.

Felicia will always want to sing and dance, chunli will keep fighting even after avenging her dad,  Batsu will show up even if his mother isnt kidnapped.  No fighting game will retire a character just because "his story is over" it would screw up with their avaliable assets. At most they will give us base justifications for them being around.

yup just look at kof's nest saga hero team.
#985  February 27, 2015, 05:07:35 pm
    • Canada
    • stevalalxx@gmail.com
Why in the mother of FUCK would Capcom ever add characters from RIVAL SCHOOLS into a STREET FIGHTER game?
And don't fucking tell me it's because of playable Sakura Kasugano in Rival Schools, because that does NOT fucking count!

Maybe for the same reason of Guy, Sodom, Rolento, Poison, Cody and Hugo are participating on a SF game? Remember.. Final Fight.

And yes, basically Rival Schools shares the same world with SF characters. Hinata and Natsu are long-time friends of Sakura and Kei, so this counts... I think.

I think Rival Schools and Final Fight are the only games who shares the same world with SF characters. Unless the "reincarnation bônus ending" of Asura's Wrath is considered. "human Asura" should be a nice "Joke" or a "Bônus" character in future.

slammasters must also share the same world as street fighter via mike haggar
and i would welcome any rebooted characters to street fighter 5
better than some of the new ones that suck street fighter 3 was half cool characters
that where throw backs to street fighter 1 ibuki from geki yun and yang from lee
any body ever notice how alex resembles slammasters alexsy
sean was cool but should have replaced ken and older sakura should have been in place of ryu
remy he was just the faggy emo kid that stole guiles sweet moves
as for sf4
juri was cool able and viper okay but,
i dont want another rufus and el fruitie should have been el stingray

give me edge or gan vs lucky colt and pour on the final fight heavy
lucia or dean please and any one new from the mad gear gang
id rather see that than glowing crystal head zombie charlie
i prefered him in the shadows
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:39:42 pm by 0megaturb0
#986  February 27, 2015, 05:54:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#987  February 27, 2015, 06:14:53 pm
  • Welcome to die!
    • USA
    • Skype - thepaniqd
They care about the story. but as with all fighting games it's open and up to interpretation until the next game comes out and explicitly states "_____ won the tournament etc."
I would have to agree chronologically this seems to be leading up to the events of III. there is surely a jewel embedded in charlies skull here. but we'll see.

CVS alpha VS. all that is the alternate universe stuff. and things like Zangeif winning the tournament (lol) are just alternative timelines or what if scenarios.
#988  February 27, 2015, 09:19:55 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
The civillian public saw zangief holding one of Seth's clones on Tv LIVE, technically he won the tournament, also capcom always wanted to give a better canon ending for zangief, but also it doesn't mean that his ending will be the only one that is canon

a few outcomes inside of the volcano base since ties that bind is the prologue of vanilla SFIV

-Sagat fought ryu after they escaped, Sagat found peace and retired(SSIV ending)
-Gouken Retires to the mountains after sealing the dark hadou on ryu and fighting off akuma(the outcome is unknown but since akuma stopped bothering ryu in SF3, then gouken won)
-Bison destroys the Real Seth, while Juri destroys the second one, Juri and bison fight(outcome unknown), Bison then fights Rose and tries to capture her, until he was interrupted by Guy(SFA foreshadowing), Bison Escapes leaving Rose with Guy.
-Chun Li, she escapes later thanks to Gen
-Guile and Abel becomes friends, Charlie's survival was foreshadowed by Abel(maybe he was captured later by the Illuminati)
-Poison and Hugo becomes BFF again(SF3 canon)
-Duo and Trowa Yun and Yang helped chun Li during the entire S.I.N Affair
-Cammy and Juni are Sisters, Poor julia ended up having her mind wiped out

those related with sin and bison are canon, a few ones you may pick it from SF3 era

Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:23:57 pm by ShadowArm
#989  February 27, 2015, 10:19:00 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
People care about the "story"? What is this? Skullgirls?
Also I'm sure Sakura mentions that it's easier to move around in her school uniform that's why she wears it, but hey there's always alternate costumes, hopefully that'll make you whine less.
#990  February 27, 2015, 10:23:04 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Seeing the Charlie's trailer, I feel that this time the plot will be important (I hope be right), and I think the most probably is that the classic chars will have more chances to back, I mean like SF2 chars like main (of course not all), SFA chars like the secondary chances, SF3 chars like the third chances, SF4 chars like fourth chances, etc. (Without count the new chars)
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#991  February 27, 2015, 10:39:19 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I hope they do what they did in SF3: Minimal SF2 characters. Really, Chun-Li and M. Bison are like the only SF2 characters they need. Maybe Guile.
#992  February 27, 2015, 10:51:06 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
I hope they do what they did in SF3: Minimal SF2 characters. Really, Chun-Li and M. Bison are like the only SF2 characters they need. Maybe Guile.
To be honest is very probably that are back these:
-Ken
-Akuma
-Guile
-Cammy
-Zangief (Because is the grappler by excellence, but depends if Haggar is introduced or Alex)
-Sagat (Because he is the rival of Ryu but is a possibility)
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#993  February 28, 2015, 12:34:33 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I dont know why you guys ask if this is before 3 or after 4.
It was stated its after 4,  its the downfall of shadowloo and
The introduction of the illuminati,  this game is before 3.

Story wise its street fighter 1, alpha 3, ssf2thd, sf4, sf5, sf3rd strike.
Thats the chronology of the sf series universe.  End.
#994  February 28, 2015, 12:42:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Alpha 2 and SF3 2nd Impact are canon too.
#995  February 28, 2015, 12:47:26 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#996  February 28, 2015, 02:23:32 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
People care about the "story"?
Yes.

SF, FF, SFA2, SFA3, SSF2T, SFIV, SFIII:2I, SFIII:3S

FF2 occurs sometime between FF and SFA3 since Cody and Jessica are on vacation together. Not sure where FF3 goes other than after FF2.
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:26:51 am by Jesuszilla
#997  February 28, 2015, 02:44:07 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
2nd Impact and 3rd Strike were two different parts of the story?
#998  February 28, 2015, 02:46:10 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
yessir
#999  February 28, 2015, 02:56:49 am
  • Welcome to die!
    • USA
    • Skype - thepaniqd
They don't make it easy to keep up with :P
#1000  February 28, 2015, 02:59:55 am