Street Fighter V (Read 2928421 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#1001  February 28, 2015, 03:00:31 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Guy got injured somehow? What game was that?
#1002  February 28, 2015, 03:04:50 am
In SFZ3, Rose fights Dictator, Guy finds a knocked-out Rose and carries her away, but Dictator has taken control of her and puts Guy out of commission for a time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1003  February 28, 2015, 03:15:02 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
in SFIV guy have his rematch and saves rose from bison, later she awakes up promising that she will defeat bison along with guy

im starting to think that he will fight ingrid and then become shin vega later

Also This is capcom retconed and canon timeline for guy in SF

-FF1
-SFA2(guy meets rose and she predicts his fight him on SFIV ending, Cody wast arrested yet)
-FF3(Cody goes to jail, Guy stops mad gear)
-SFA3(guy meets Cody again, Meets Karin, Fights Maki and says that she is too hot blooded yet to rule the Bushinryu clan, and saves A Dictator Possessed Rose, Then Bison wakes up and beats him, leaving him and rose out of the 2nd tournament)
-SFIV(he fights Bison and saves a non possessed rose, following rose's vision in SFA 2, and his 2nd meeting with Cody and they fight Together again like in the old times inside of the S.I.N base)

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Guy
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:34:45 am by ShadowArm
#1004  February 28, 2015, 03:18:33 am
People care about the "story"? What is this? Skullgirls?
Also I'm sure Sakura mentions that it's easier to move around in her school uniform that's why she wears it, but hey there's always alternate costumes, hopefully that'll make you whine less.
Not in game.  Instead there are quotes that implies that she is still in highschool. Who is  whining about her wearing her sailor outfit? People cares about story? At least  for a street Fighter game I don't care anymore. I am not sure about you. You were the guy that said that one of the reasons you didn't liked Ingrid was because of her story in Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper. So,  Is Story  important or not ?
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:39:00 am by Saizo Hattori
#1005  February 28, 2015, 03:21:40 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
In SFZ3, Rose fights Dictator, Guy finds a knocked-out Rose and carries her away, but Dictator has taken control of her and puts Guy out of commission for a time.

Ah, Alpha 3, one of my first guesses. Thanks.
#1006  February 28, 2015, 03:26:45 am
SFA(Guy fights bison in japan) - SFA2(guy meets rose and she predicts his fight him on SFIV ending, Cody wast arrested yet)
SFZ2 was a retcon / retelling of SFZ1, it replaces it, not follows it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1007  February 28, 2015, 03:49:01 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
The storyline is:
MB, MB2, SF, FF, SFA2G, FFR SFA3M, SF4, USF4, SF5, SF3Sec, SF3Third

Final Fight 2 and 3 aren't canon but if wants to add in the storyline is like that:
MB, MB2, SF, FF, FF2, SFA2, FFR SFA3,  FF3, SF4, USF4, SF5, SF3Sec, SF3Third

MB=Muscle Bomber
MB2=Muscle Bomber 2
SF=Street Fighter
FF=Final Fight
SFA2G=Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
FFR=Final Fight Revenge
SFA3M=Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
SF4=Street Fighter 4
USF4=Ultra Street Fighter 4
SF5=Street Fighter 5
SF3Sec=Street Fighter Second Impact
SF3Third=Street Fighter Third Strike
FF2=Final Fight 2
FF3=Final Fight 3

The problem with FF2 in the storyline is Rolento because he is in FF2 and SFA2G, and Capcom told that isn't canon, the FF3 problem is even if FF3 is after of SFA3M is a long time after and Capcom told that isn't canon. We can be sure this for the outfit of Haggar and the statue of SSF4 like his outfit of FF not of FF3 and FF2.
FFR is canon and very confirmed by Capcom, in this game Cody is arrested to become in prisoner in SFA3M.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:52:59 am by varo_hades
#1008  February 28, 2015, 03:50:32 am
i think you mean canon. a cannon shoots things
#1009  February 28, 2015, 03:53:24 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
And fuck Ingrid.
#1010  February 28, 2015, 03:58:34 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yes.
Even with all the constant retcons like Gouken is dead OH JK?
If it's for the story I'd just read Nakahira's SF Manga or whatever comic Udon is releasing.

What I mean is, yes it's nice to have some semblance of a story (This is why a lot of people like KOF and the latest MK games... and uh, BB I...guess?) but not to the point where some people make it their main concern (I wouldn't sacrifice/add characters for story purposes over gameplay variety), it's not like SF has had a dedicated story mode. I honestly wouldn't mind that though... I'd take that over...score mode, time attack mode, seriously, who plays those nowadays?
#1011  February 28, 2015, 04:13:26 am
yes it's nice to have some semblance of a story [...] but not to the point where some people make it their main concern
Those who overthink the story and won't let go of the minute details are just giving the story a bad name. It shouldn't be cause for eyerolling at the mention of story, there are some who do just what you say - appreciate a guiding story, a point, a sense of direction for the characters, without getting their panties in a bunch when Gouken and Nash suddenly get better when they were supposed to be dead, why Sakura is still wearing a school uniform, or why Ibuki and Makoto are around already.
Having a story is fine. Caring for a story is fine. Being obsessed with it is less fun.
#1012  February 28, 2015, 04:35:13 am
And I agree with both of you. That is why I don't get  why is so imprtant to know if this game take place before or after Street Fighter III and mentioning all those trivial deatails like  Sakura the 21 years old highschool student was to make a point of how irrelevant story is.
#1013  February 28, 2015, 04:36:46 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I didn't really get it either...
#1014  February 28, 2015, 04:40:30 am
That is why I don't get  why is so imprtant to know if this game take place before or after Street Fighter III
... Because there actually still IS a story. It's relevant to know that this game will revolve around the fall of Shadaloo and the rise of the Illuminati, and that Nash is in the middle of it all. There's a massive difference between the importance of the major villain organizations that the story of all games have revolved around, and why Sakura is still wearing her school uniform. Don't be so dense. It's not vital, but it's relevant and it's nice, and you're just being an ass when you're trying to push it away like that and trying to make fun of those who appreciate it.
#1015  February 28, 2015, 04:42:21 am
Oh really ? I don't see diference but if you see it it's OK.

I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. But after seen your edited awnser I see something funny afterall. And you are an ass  and dense too for insulting me for something so irrelevant.
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:57:55 am by Saizo Hattori
#1016  February 28, 2015, 04:44:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Was this ever supported anywhere by anything? I can't remember the whole "Bison in Rose's body attacks/kills Guy at the end of SFA3" thing ever being mentioned anywhere outside of fan stuff; I thought it was just a dumb theory the plot guide guy came up with to explain the nonexistent problem of where Guy was during SFII (dead, killed off screen! definitely the kind of cool ending you want for one of the heroes of Final Fight).
#1017  February 28, 2015, 05:19:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there0's also teh fact that guy does not lift a finger to save his fucking girlfriend and his master (later retconned to be grandmaster) and trust a brasilian of all people to do that.
#1018  February 28, 2015, 05:23:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Was this ever supported anywhere by anything? I can't remember the whole "Bison in Rose's body attacks/kills Guy at the end of SFA3" thing ever being mentioned anywhere outside of fan stuff; I thought it was just a dumb theory the plot guide guy came up with to explain the nonexistent problem of where Guy was during SFII (dead, killed off screen! definitely the kind of cool ending you want for one of the heroes of Final Fight).
There was nothing whatsoever supporting that theory. Guy was just absent in SF2, no need for theories.

And Gouken not being dead is fucking stupid. Bringing him back ruined the badassness of two characters― Gouki and Gen.

Gen was supposed to be the only one who ever survived the Shungokusatsu. That implied that through training, he fucking surpassed Ryu and Ken's master, Gouken, as well as their MASTER's master, Goutetsu, in spite of his illness. Now that Gouken was merely in a coma, and Bison comes back, it just seems like Gouki's technique wasn't strong enough. Lame.
#1019  February 28, 2015, 05:25:35 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
At least it's still a rather somewhat cool looking attack, right? He still has the Misogi, though.
#1020  February 28, 2015, 12:51:16 pm
Was this ever supported anywhere by anything? I can't remember the whole "Bison in Rose's body attacks/kills Guy at the end of SFA3" thing ever being mentioned anywhere outside of fan stuff
Didn't they redo that same scene in one of the animated intro/ending movies for Guy in SF4 ? It's not explicit but it's very easy to guess when it reveals Dictator is hidden in Rose, and then in SSF4 Guy gets his revenge. So it's kind of implied.