YesNoOk

PIXELS Film discussion (Read 22444 times)

Started by Zer0Mojo, March 20, 2015, 09:29:03 am
Share this topic:
PIXELS Film discussion
#1  March 20, 2015, 09:29:03 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no
So anyone seen the PIXELS trailer?
I think it looks like a goodish movie! I love how the villains look like sprites and the Pac-man part was funny!

So do you think this movie is gonna be good or bad?
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:39:04 pm by Thojoewhit
Re: PIXELS Film discussion
#2  March 20, 2015, 01:42:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you wish to make a proper discussion for this movie you should update the 1st post with the trailer and give us more of your thoughts on it. The trailer has been posted already in the entertainment news that doesn't deserve it's own thread.

If you feel this deserves it's own thread you need to put a lot more effort into it.
#3  March 20, 2015, 07:17:36 pm
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
Fixed first post like you said.
#4  March 20, 2015, 08:37:49 pm
  • SNK is life
So do you think this movie is gonna be good or bad?
Adam Sandler. That's all.

Also, hey reference Toru Iwatani at the end of the last trailer. That's not the real Iwatani, so another -1
#5  March 20, 2015, 08:56:25 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Not to mention he's doing the stereotypical Asian character seen in all of Adam Sandler's movies with Asians in them. This is more cringeworthy than reading CAD. It's a nice concept, though, just badly executed.
#6  March 20, 2015, 09:02:54 pm
i don't think it will be super good but i don't think it will be completely terrible either. some chuckles + good graphics
#7  March 20, 2015, 09:08:52 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
More often then not, anything Adam Sandler does turns into shit with the epic king of shit being Jack and Jill... nothing would top that stinkbomb.

This movie won't, but I just think that it will basically continue the perception that Adam Sandler only makes crap.

Also, if you want a video game based movie, just watch Wreck-It Ralph.
#8  March 20, 2015, 09:16:24 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Will be bad... another Adam Sandler "throw away" movie.
#9  March 20, 2015, 09:18:51 pm
  • SNK is life
By the way, it's directed by Chris Columbus (Directed Harry Potter 1 & 2, Home Alone 1 & 2, wrote Screenplay for Gremlins and The Goonies), so perhaps it won't be 100% shit.
#10  March 20, 2015, 09:32:50 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
I'm not expecting much of this film. I'll probably see it anyway, might be worth a few laughs.
#11  March 20, 2015, 09:45:18 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
same here it look nice by the trailer but it wont be super good
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#12  March 20, 2015, 10:04:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I actually like most of Adam Sandler's movies. Water Boy, Little Nicky, Anger Management, stuff like that.

Been watching a lot of Futurama lately so it feels like I already saw all this. There was an ep of Futurama with the same premise.

I don't know if I'll see it or not. But if it gets for me and my friends' movie night that month I won't mind going.
#13  March 20, 2015, 10:25:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
As I mentioned in the other thread, this is literally just the plot of a 13-year-old episode of Futurama.  Except with Adam Sandler and Kevin James.

So yeah.  Not a lot of hope for this one.
#14  March 20, 2015, 11:16:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
will absolutely watch

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#15  March 21, 2015, 12:56:46 am
Same for me.
#16  March 21, 2015, 01:26:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
By the way, it's directed by Chris Columbus (Directed Harry Potter 1 & 2, Home Alone 1 & 2, wrote Screenplay for Gremlins and The Goonies), so perhaps it won't be 100% shit.
You forget he also directed the first Percy Jackson movie (IMO Grover is the worst supporting character since Jar Jar Binks) and the movie adaptation of Rent which managed to ruin almost everything that was good about the stage show. Also the first two Harry Potter movies blew chunks compared to Prisoner of Azkaban (which ironically was my least favorite of the books). Basically, his directorial rise and fall is synonymous with Don Bluth: a decade of really good movies followed by a decade of really shitty ones.
#17  March 23, 2015, 05:00:04 pm
  • SNK is life
Also the first two Harry Potter movies blew chunks compared to Prisoner of Azkaban (which ironically was my least favorite of the books).
POA was directed by Alfonso CuarĂ³n, so there's barely any point of comparison there ... but still the first 2 were better than anything David Yates did with the last 4.

#18  March 23, 2015, 06:19:55 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
this looks like it will be absolute shit... the same tired masturbatory jokes between james and sandler and whoever else he hooked up with a spot lol

but the graphics/cinematography look awesome
#19  March 23, 2015, 06:42:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
After Zohan, Adam Sandler went down into shit, so also I don't give a cent for the movie like various here, although my friends and known people say "wow a videogame-themed movie, this will be awesome", so they won't be dissapointed if they go just because it's a VG movie or something...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#20  March 23, 2015, 06:57:55 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I liked Click.