YesNoOk

deleting the mfg account (Read 13795 times)

Started by ComboAssassin20, March 28, 2015, 07:04:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: deleting the mfg account
#21  March 29, 2015, 07:03:55 pm
Yes, I already pointed that out. And so has the Gara guy above who just said "why not let him delete his account" like he hasn't understood a single word from that other topic like a big dumbass.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#22  March 29, 2015, 07:09:27 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Why not just cursing him?? I mean, blanking and locking his profile so he can't do anything until he learns something. Also reducing the number of posts per day or week. You know, as an alternative to ban him (which isn't a bad idea)

What is it with you and suggesting overkill punishments?
#23  March 29, 2015, 10:46:55 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Well, I usually support to ban disrupted users like this one (I read his other posts already), but I should change about it and don't suggest it anymore :P but definitively something should be done with this guy, IMO

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#24  March 29, 2015, 10:58:05 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
What actually needed to be done has been done
#25  March 29, 2015, 11:25:35 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
Yes, I already pointed that out. And so has the Gara guy above who just said "why not let him delete his account" like he hasn't understood a single word from that other topic like a big dumbass.

You're getting insulting way too quick pal. I've already noticed that in the the other thread. It was completely unnecessary. And as for your arguments in the other thread, they were all pretty redicules. (no, I won't go into details now) We're talking about members who did not troll nor flame nor have been inactive since half a decade. OP here for example has registerd two years ago, has been active for a while and now probably wants to quit with mugen. And for whatever reason the 'just don't log in anymore' argument is not satisfying for him. (he even started trolling today, obviously just to get banned) So in my humble opinion it should at least be possible to get your account deleted if you kindly ask a mod or admin.

Cheers
#26  March 29, 2015, 11:36:09 pm
Still no. Staff can't start taking requests from people and have to review them one by one if they haven't done anything in particular that needs to be remembered. This request is still as unreasonable as the last several times it was asked, and you've seen all the explanations for that, whether you agree or not. If you still refuse it and insist that it should be fine, then I'm sorry but you're just pestering people and going nowhere with it, and you're still being a big dumbass.

Oh, and you say I'm "way too quick" to insult but you're acting like this is the first time this happened and I immediately jumped at you. It's not, the counter doesn't reset with every new topic made about the subject. This has been going on for a while, even just counting the last topic you did post in, so I'm really sure I'm not "way too quick" - that last topic started two months ago, that's not quick at all. I'd say I'm really lenient.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:42:42 pm by DKDC
#27  March 29, 2015, 11:53:21 pm
Yes, I already pointed that out.
I was the first to point that out in the reports but I can see how everyone missed it.  :sweatdrop:

OP here for example has registerd two years ago, has been active for a while and now probably wants to quit with mugen. And for whatever reason the 'just don't log in anymore' argument is not satisfying for him. (he even started trolling today, obviously just to get banned) So in my humble opinion it should at least be possible to get your account deleted if you kindly ask a mod or admin.
Want to quit? Don't come back.
Want to be an idiot (like the OP), not following orders/rules/common sense? Do that and get cursed/banned.
And if you come back after getting banned, there may be a chance you changed! You didn't think about that, did you?

Maybe he was in a difficult phase of his/her life, what do you know? But if he returns here begging and trying to be banned, he gets banned again.

And for whatever reason the 'just don't log in anymore' argument is not satisfying for him.
I'm curious about this reason: perhaps is it lack of self-control? Lack of common sense? Lack of discipline?
That excuse is not satisfying for him: well, he has to accept it, he can just log off and never come back. Period.
#28  March 30, 2015, 01:45:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Deleting an account just isn't happening unless it's a very special circumstance. Getting banned will still only be a temporary way to prevent yourself from logging in as it won't be permanent. So a person would have to periodically come back after each ban cycle so they could keep getting banned. At that point one wonders who is really showing who?!
#29  March 30, 2015, 12:10:48 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
Oh, and you say I'm "way too quick" to insult but you're acting like this is the first time this happened and I immediately jumped at you. It's not, the counter doesn't reset with every new topic made about the subject. This has been going on for a while, even just counting the last topic you did post in, so I'm really sure I'm not "way too quick" - that last topic started two months ago, that's not quick at all.

then I hereby deeply apologize for making two short posts in the other thread that were not insulting in any way to anyone.

and you're still being a big dumbass.
yeah, and you're still being a dick
#30  March 30, 2015, 01:01:04 pm
I'm saying you're diving in a subject that you already know is going nowhere, and you're acting like you haven't already heard all the reasons why it won't go anyhwere. That does mean you're poking at something when you already know the discussion won't end well, how else do you expect people will treat you and respond to you. Don't even try to be cute.
But seriously, what response were you expecting when you posted here. "Oh, you're right, we changed our mind, maybe we can let it go and ignore everything we said before" maybe ?
Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:05:17 pm by DKDC
#31  March 30, 2015, 01:04:03 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I've got 1 question, maybe it's already answered somewhere, I don't know, and please don't burn me for this question:
Why this option isn't just... available in the profile settings? technical limitations or something?
Thank you for your answers.
#32  March 30, 2015, 01:06:55 pm
It's a choice, the staff doesn't want to let people delete their profile. For multiple reasons, mostly in the range of keeping track of the shit that someone did in the past (including IPs) and knowing the appropriate way to handle it when it starts again.

Yes, I already pointed that out.
I was the first to point that out in the reports but I can see how everyone missed it.  :sweatdrop:
Clearly no one reads the report section ! :P
#33  March 30, 2015, 01:37:00 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
DKDC,thank you. Yeah, I can understand, now.
It's a good reason indeed. It's strange, because modifying his IP isn't really hard, but hey. If it works! ;)

#34  March 30, 2015, 01:48:51 pm
It's easy to change your IP, but do realize that not everyone thinks of it. Of course big trolls and such can be tech-savvy, but that doesn't always happen. And all that's needed is a cut down on the difficulty of how to notice people like that. See all those who tried to go for the "my brother also uses the same computer, but with a different account" excuse, yet they have the exact same behavior and way of writing. There was one like that again just this month.
If someone does some bad stuff, then creates a new account with a new IP, and still does the same bad stuff, then he'll usually be recognized, and the account will be merged. So there's IP tracking, but there's also a history of the punishments he received. Once you can merge accounts based either on IP or on behavior, you can see that someone has been banned 5 times before for the exact same reason, you'll be less enclined to let it go.
#35  March 30, 2015, 05:39:08 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:56:39 pm by Gara
#36  March 30, 2015, 07:50:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's easy to change your IP, but do realize that not everyone thinks of it. Of course big trolls and such can be tech-savvy, but that doesn't always happen. And all that's needed is a cut down on the difficulty of how to notice people like that. See all those who tried to go for the "my brother also uses the same computer, but with a different account" excuse, yet they have the exact same behavior and way of writing. There was one like that again just this month.
If someone does some bad stuff, then creates a new account with a new IP, and still does the same bad stuff, then he'll usually be recognized, and the account will be merged. So there's IP tracking, but there's also a history of the punishments he received. Once you can merge accounts based either on IP or on behavior, you can see that someone has been banned 5 times before for the exact same reason, you'll be less enclined to let it go.

a lto of people also notice when banned people come back, but since some of those don't bring trouble and change their behaviour they don't really care about that, like what happened with da maverik amongst other guys.

DKDC,thank you. Yeah, I can understand, now.
It's a good reason indeed. It's strange, because modifying his IP isn't really hard, but hey. If it works! ;)
also, sometimes the user who wants to delete his profile used to contribute stuff, so in a way they want to delete their contributions as revenge.
#37  July 20, 2015, 09:35:23 am
  • Drew my Icon. I know, i'm a Amateur.
  • just trying to survive in the land of MFG
    • American Samoa
    • ClamSlam@mugenguild.com
"If you can't slam with the best then go jam with the rest."
#38  July 20, 2015, 11:28:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He wasn't being a "smarty pants". This is our actual philosophy on this. He was just blunt about it there and I guess you read it with a sarcastic vibe for some reason?

Also be more careful about replying to really old topics. This topic was 3 months old and you didn't really add anything to the discussion.

Going to combine this from another thread
Please use the modify button instead of constantly reposting.

I only did it twice. T_  T (<disgust face) But I guess haters gonna hate. -_   -

I don't know if this is specifically targeted at Xan, but you're really kinda seeing "hate" where it isn't there. Please try to read posts with a more positive spin.
Just because a mod or admin informs you of something doesn't mean we are trying to be "haters" or be rude to you. I hope you are not reading my particular post in a spiteful voice right now. I'm really just telling you how the forums work better.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here and I'm glad you got your posting situation resolved. Just remember that modify button and watch out on replying to really old threads. Okay? :)
#39  July 20, 2015, 06:40:18 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Didn't a bunch of other people basically say what I said in this topic anyways lol.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?