YesNoOk

Magic of Friendship Booger is BORN (Read 43250 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, April 06, 2006, 04:16:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Magic of Friendship Booger is BORN
#301  April 02, 2015, 07:21:00 pm
The logo is misplaced (it used to be further down).
#302  April 02, 2015, 07:33:38 pm
im pretty sure most people were repulsed by posts becoming unreadable and links being broken than the pony thing

Don't disagree with that, just didn't see was so vocally upsetting about the AF gimmick itself. Higher extreme than merely preferring something else, would've liked to see the Bizzaro idea JMM mentioned or the social justice thing (though that may've ended poorly lol).
#303  April 02, 2015, 07:56:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the only links that were really fucked up were tumblr ones and having tumblr links down for a day isnt the end of the world.

Others the fitler was adjuted as much as possible to prevent breakage. ( at first mugen and guild were filtered but turned out to affect the links in threads for hosted people )
#304  April 02, 2015, 08:00:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
im pretty sure most people were repulsed by posts becoming unreadable and links being broken than the pony thing

Don't disagree with that, just didn't see was so vocally upsetting about the AF gimmick itself. Higher extreme than merely preferring something else, would've liked to see the Bizzaro idea JMM mentioned or the social justice thing (though that may've ended poorly lol).

I wouldn't discard the ponies themselves either n the grounds that people have admitted to using AdBlock to block Pony pictures.
#305  April 02, 2015, 08:30:04 pm
I'd just like to add that this argument goes both ways (heh). People can say that the detractors were 'whining' about it, that's fair I suppose. Take that same stance to the extreme and it would come across as "how can people dislike something I like?" Just as bad tbh, accept that not everyone will have the same opinion.

Complaining is something everyone does every now and then, no big deal. It doesn't make anyone a petulant child who shouldn't be forgiven so far as long as it's not consistent.

Also, why would you not use adblock if it means a more enjoyable experience for wherever you may be?
#306  April 02, 2015, 08:43:45 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I didn't care for this year's AF but it's what more staff wanted. The word filter was insane but it was for just 1 day so I didn't mind. At least it's out of the way. We shouldn't repeat the same thing at least.
#307  April 02, 2015, 08:47:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It was irksome to see some of my posts get filtered AFTER posting, even having to resort to fullwidth characters from the character map.

I don't think I'll be doing that again

I did notice the tumblr thing though and I let that one go, I didn't mind that one too much. I'm indifferent on the whole pony thing in general, I don't love it or hate it, I just hate how the joke was executed.
Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:11:12 pm by Orochi Gill
#308  April 02, 2015, 08:53:15 pm
  • For honor!
Yeah, carelessly implemented wordfilters on a day where people are going to be releasing creations made in the spirit of April Fools day was kinda a bad idea.

At least I was immune to the pony virus since I'm already an animal.
Iroha stripped for me
#309  April 02, 2015, 11:04:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I gotta admit though, the wordfilters did made some posts rather... Amusing. Weird af, but amusing.
#310  April 03, 2015, 05:47:01 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Thanks to the staff for not changing my avatar, first of all. The concept was downright lame to be honest but it was pretty amusing, the bad part was the wordfilter though, it felt pretty forced and more annoying than funny.

Pls, make the pseudo-MI comeback for april fools happen. PLS!
Chilling
#311  April 03, 2015, 06:14:03 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I manually added Rapidash because it looked like fun.
#312  May 01, 2015, 08:20:48 pm
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico
Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:44:38 pm by mabskmk
#313  May 01, 2015, 08:21:39 pm
Hey, you're one month late!
#314  May 01, 2015, 08:45:12 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
#315  May 01, 2015, 08:58:10 pm
#316  May 06, 2015, 04:07:58 pm
    • Germany
Man, looking at this thread I'm kinda sad I missed this. So much to do, so little time. In my defense, I'm now in the last few weeks of my master's thesis, AND I was one of the organizers of a ~400 persons event held by my hackerspace over the easter weekend so I was busy organizing and carrying shit to the venue at that time. Can we do this again when I have time, maybe? :beam:
#317  May 06, 2015, 05:10:33 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
since the original wasnt even that good to begin with it would be nice to have a reprise

but not on next year's april fools because that would be too much. but i for one welcome our new pony overlords

and good luck with you stidies future princess of.... what was it again?
#318  May 06, 2015, 05:17:59 pm
the original was a trainwreck, why would anyone want a reprise. unless it was a "good" edition that only amounted to changing the forum theme to something pink, changing the board icons to ponies and changing some default emoticons to ponies and changing zero avatars or wordfilters
#319  May 06, 2015, 06:14:28 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
2011 april fools again please ;___;
#320  May 08, 2015, 02:47:13 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?