YesNoOk

Character: Bomberman (Read 128087 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, July 03, 2014, 07:58:38 pm
Share this topic:
Character: Bomberman
New #1  July 03, 2014, 07:58:38 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
(yeah this is sort of a repost from the poll but this is basically a progress thread for Bomberman)
Bomberman

Representative of: Hudson Soft
First Game: Bomberman (1985 port in Japan)
Progress: 100%
Playstyle: Highly damaging character with his traps.

Strengths:
-Scary damage output.
-Tons of knockdown options to help him set up bombs.
-Has ranged attacks that are unaffected by projectiles.
-Several anti-airs that can help keep the opponent from getting too close.

Weaknesses:
-Only special move that can be chained into and out of (while comboing properly) sacrifices Bomberman's health. His juggles are where most of his damage output comes from.
-Only reversal requires him to sacrifice health.
-Specials hit indirectly, require specific conditions to connect or are just plain risky.
-Poking game isn't entirely great, his pokes are either too short compared to others or have a bit of startup.

Moveset:

Basics
  • High Kick (Back + Kick) - Long-ranged anti-air; goes over crouching opponents.

Specials
  • Bomb Lay (D, DF, F, Punch or Kick) - Bomberman puts a bomb on the ground that blows up after several seconds. Holding backwards keeps the bomb in the same position while holding forwards or no direction will have him roll it along the ground. (Forwards will have him roll it farther) On hit, the bomb can launch the opponent upwards. The bomb itself bypasses anything but is unable to make contact until it explodes.
  • Bombs Away (B, D, DB, Punch or Kick; can be done in the air) - Bomberman tosses a bomb in an arc. Holding forwards or backwards will determine the arc it flies in. The attack button you press will determine the bomb's timer. (Kick has a much shorter timer) The bomb itself bypasses anything but is unable to make contact until it explodes.
  • Air Strike (F, D, DF, Punch or Kick) -Anti-air special; Bomberman jumps forward with his hand out and if he grabs an opponent, he'll toss them onto the ground with a bomb and it'll explode upon hitting the ground. Has some invincibility in the beginning. Can only grab opponents in the air. Will get beaten out by other attacks once the invincibility wears off.
  • Self Destruct (F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch or Kick) -Bomberman whips out a bomb, holds it up and it explodes in his face. Bomberman is invincible during the whole start-up of this move and this move can connect after a basic attack. Every time it's used, Bomberman ends up losing health. This move is not safe on block.

EX Specials
  • EX Bomb Lay (D, DF, F, Select+Punch) - The bomb is only laid on the ground but does not explode on it's own. Pressing Select+A will cause the bomb to explode instead. The bomb itself can be detonated at any time, even when you have no control.
  • EX Bomb Toss (B, D, DB, Select+Attack) - Bomberman tosses one close bomb that detonates shortly and one far bomb that takes a bit longer to detonate. Holding down before the toss reverses the distances of the bomb.
  • EX Air Strike (F, D, DF, Select+Punch) - Starts up faster, travels farther than the Punch version (but less than the Kick version) and has some invincibility.

Super Attacks
  • Raging Flame (Level 1) (D, DF, F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch) - Bomberman gains a flame powerup and plants a bomb. It explodes and shoots a flame across the stage and one to the top of the screen. Good to use as an anti-air and avoids projectiles. Only level 1 super that can be chained into.
  • Fuse Lighter (Level 1) (D, DB, B, DB, D, DF, F, Punch) - Bomberman puts on a vest and holds out a bomb in front of him. Upon getting hit, the bomb blows up on both him and the opponent although Bomberman is left undamaged. The bomb will still blow up after a certain amount of time and the explosion can hit but it leaves Bomberman open.
  • Destruction (Level 3) (F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch + Kick) - Bomberman shoulder charges the opponent and on hit, grabs them, tosses them into a pit that appears out of nowhere that's filled with enemies, and then tosses a few bombs into the pit, making them explode on the opponent. The charge comes out super fast, has invincibility at the beginning and is projectile-invincible throughout the whole charge. Horribly unsafe on whiff or block.

Helpers:
Black Bomberman:
  • Standing - Runs at the opponent. If he grabs (blockable) the opponent, he sticks a bomb in their hands and then runs off. The bomb itself will explode right on the opponent. (1/3 of the helper bar)
  • Crouching - Black Bomberman places down a bomb and then kicks it. Unlike Bomberman's bombs, if this makes contact with anything, it'll explode. (It'll also explode upon landing) (1/3 of the helper bar)

Lode Runner:
  • Standing - Creates a pit in front of him. If the opponent falls in, they reappear at the top and hit the ground. The opponent can be hit before they fall. (1/2 of the helper bar)
  • Crouching - Climbs on the top of the screen and if he lines up with the opponent, he falls down and stomps on them.  (1/3 of the helper bar)

Challenger:
  • Standing - Tosses a knife at the opponent that knocks down on hit. (1/3 of the helper bar)
  • Crouching - Takes out the POWER UP sword and swings it at the opponent, causing them to fly back and wall bounce. (1/3 of the helper bar)

Palettes:

1 - Default
2 - 2P Bomberman from Bomberman 2
3 - 3P Bomberman from Bomberman 2
4 - Milk (Nuts & Milk)
5 - Lode Runner robot
6 - Male penguin from Binary Land

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KB62de86v8&feature=youtu.be
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:09:41 am by KingPepe2010
Re: Character: Bomberman
#2  September 14, 2014, 03:32:58 pm
    • USA
    • xanderyatesthenerd@gmail.com
Seems like a pretty spiffy and well though out character. I personally prefer his right form more, makes him look a bit more badass.
#3  September 26, 2014, 07:13:51 pm
    • USA
Here's Bomberman's possible final stance animation:
BGC Forums
Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:03:49 pm by KingPepe2010
#4  October 27, 2014, 01:51:58 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#5  December 26, 2014, 10:33:43 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Stick with Bomberman 2's eyes. The first ones don't look right in a way that makes me feel a bit paranoid looking at them. (No Offense)

I don't know what you are talking about..

I'm not a furry at all. (´・ω・)
#6  January 25, 2015, 07:08:35 pm
    • USA
Some of Bomberman's palettes:

1 - Default
2 - Red Bomberman (Bomberman II)
3 - Blue Bomberman (Bomberman II)
4 - Robot (Lode Runner)
5 - Nuts (Nuts & Milk)
6 - Gurin (Binary Land)
BGC Forums
#7  January 25, 2015, 10:08:37 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
I want to know what the stage for bomberman is.

#8  January 26, 2015, 03:13:58 am
  • Swiggety Swootys, Girls have those cooties.
    • USA
    • jonathan15803@gmail.com
Id ask for a Quote palette (Cave Story), but sadly its not on the NES. It would fit perfectly though.
*burp*
#9  March 27, 2015, 03:04:29 am
    • USA
Some screenshots of Bomberman:

"So I'll just lay down this bo-wait what's with the fuse on this":

BGC Forums
#10  March 27, 2015, 03:06:27 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
absolutely loving this!!!!! the hype!!!!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#11  March 27, 2015, 03:05:56 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Looks like your done with most of the specials! Nice work.

Btw I can see you renamed Bomb Toss, Bombs away.

#12  March 27, 2015, 04:19:27 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
Hey About that standing move of the challenger can you make him stop the time and then throw the knives?
#13  March 29, 2015, 05:30:47 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA

#14  March 29, 2015, 08:10:04 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah You're right. :)
Re: Character: Bomberpony
#15  April 01, 2015, 01:44:24 am
    • Brazil
Hey When will there The Video With New movesets of the Bomberman ?
Re: Character: Bomberpony
#16  April 01, 2015, 03:31:52 am
    • USA
@supersonicmix: Not entirely sure on time stopping, it might work but if I do implement it, it'd probably take away half of Bomberman's whole meter bar.

@AntonioQuirino: A few days? A week from now? Hopefully somewhat soon. ._.
BGC Forums
#17  April 03, 2015, 12:35:09 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Hopefully you are probably 75% done now... You made progress on the April Fools Game you presented. I can tell your almost done with everything. Just the AI and the Helpers are left

#18  April 03, 2015, 03:17:05 am
    • USA
...you might want to check Bomberman again in that game and see how he plays. (hint: nothing like how he's supposed to in FCF)
BGC Forums
#19  April 05, 2015, 09:50:13 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
It would be easier if you used GIF's or flash animations to show the specials and how they work ._.

(PS: I realized that it was a sprite edit of simon, retarded me lol)

#20  April 06, 2015, 04:12:08 pm
    • USA
Well, I do plan on getting a video out with all of his moves although when that will come, I'm not sure. (hopefully soon ._.)
BGC Forums