YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 378034 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#61  April 16, 2015, 06:24:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
with softengine? since I consider doa5 without soft engine an older game in that statement.
#62  April 16, 2015, 07:19:20 pm
Tutorial Vid
Uh, WoL loses a horn on his helmet at the end. Destructible clothes ? But it's weird that it happens when his Ifrit summon hits the foes (and wins).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  April 16, 2015, 10:31:25 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
it's just a matter of taking a look at older doa games and how horribly did the bodies distort when characters got grabbed.
I'm pretty sure that there was an article covering the decisions behind that and how breaking bodies to give animations more impact is a good thing?
#64  April 16, 2015, 10:35:27 pm
    • USA
with softengine? since I consider doa5 without soft engine an older game in that statement.

They didn't retouch animations at all. Many characters still twist like hell during gethit states, especially throws and very strong blows. I assume it's more of an artistic choice rather than an engine limitation (You know, like when you go off-model for a few frames to give a greater illusion of movement).
#65  May 25, 2015, 01:35:47 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Character breakdown video

The video starts out with a some basic information on the upcoming arcade release of Dissidia Final Fantasy, and how it’ll mainly be played as a 3v3 action fighter. In this video, 4Gamer gives us a look at the six currently confirmed characters.

The first one is Warrior of Light, who is classified as a “Heavy” class character. He’s a balanced character that can attack from close range with is sword and also from mid-ranged distance. His EX Skill “Holy Chain” is kind of like a “Provoke” that makes enemies all focus target on himself. His “Shield of Light” increases his defense, helping him become a shield for his allies.

Next up, is the Speed-type Onion Knight. He uses his speed to advantage by getting around with ease throughout the battlefield, and can also use magic and sword attacks. The Onion Knight can change his job between “Ninja” and “Sage,” which greatly changes his playstyle. He’s a versatile character that goes with any kind of party setup.

At 2:48, we get a look at the Shoot-type Terra Branford. As the type name implies, Terra shoots down enemies from mid and long-ranged distances using magic attacks. Her EX Skill is her trademark special ability “Trance,” which transforms her into an Esper, vastly increasing her attack, defense, and speed. She’s an easy-to-use damage-dealer type character.

Final Fantasy VII’s Cloud Strife sees some action as a Heavy-type character at the 3:50 mark. Using his giant blade, he can take out enemies by charging (holding) “Brave Attacks”. His EX Skill “Limit Break” allows him to use various attacks with much less time spent charging up his attacks. He might not be able to keep up with Speed-type characters, but he makes up for it with wide range, reach, and heavy attacks.

The Speed-type Lightning is next, and she demonstrates her Paradigm Shift which allows her to switch between two styles of “Attacker” and “Blaster”. Her preferred attacking range changes depending on the style, so you’ll need to know how to switch it up accordingly. Her “Army of One” ability lets her recover HP, making it very useful in all the action going on.

Finally, we get to see Final Fantasy XIV’s Y’shtola at 5:49. Similar to Terra, she’s a Shoot-type character with the ability to attack from mid and long-ranged combat; however, she also excels at supporting allies with buffs and weakening enemies with debuffs. Her EX Skill “Ethereal Pulse” increases the party’s Brave, and the effect will keep going on while the skill is active. It’s powerful and useful, but leaves her open to attacks, so there’s a risk involved, too.
Source

SNT

#66  May 28, 2015, 02:30:28 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Bartz and Squall confirmed for Brawl.

#67  May 28, 2015, 02:36:22 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

SNT

#68  May 28, 2015, 03:31:00 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

Character usage from the loke tests so far:

Cloud - 20%
Lightning - 19%
Warrior of Light - 18%
Terra - 16%
Yshtola - 14%
Onion Knight - 13%

Bartz

After landing specific attacks on an enemy three times, Bartz will have Mastered that attack, opening access to follow-up attacks.
Bartz can also steal an enemy's job class (assigned to each character for no one's benefit except for Bartz) by producing chocobo feathers.

Attacks:
Magic Sword attacks - Fire, Thunder, Blizzard
Straightarrow (hold down for extra hits when Mastered)
Goblin Punch (when Mastered, can be followed by a second Goblin Punch, and then by two Missiles)
Gil Toss, stolen from Warrior Of Light's Samurai job class. Can be charged up for greater range and spread of gil. Fully charged, Gil Toss will be followed up with an Iai Strike.

Squall

Squall can pull the trigger on his Gunblade attacks, adding an explosive burst for extra damage.
Squall can also use the Draw function to siphon EX charge from his enemies, and can Junction an enemy's character type for a short time (Heavy, Speed, Shoot).

Attacks:
Two seemingly different melee strings, each of which can be Triggered
Thunder Barret (summons five columns of lightning, each intended to hit the enemy closer to Squall than the last)
Blasting Zone (brings down a column of light on top of an enemy with his gunblade)
Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:34:38 pm by SNT
#69  May 29, 2015, 01:02:53 am
Yay, Squall has the Draw ability. I like those effects, I always liked them so I think it's great he finally has that move.
#70  May 29, 2015, 06:41:15 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh shit, Squall's in. I was hoping for Laguna maybe since he was my favorite in 012, but considering the game will have 50, he might have a chance, IDK.

As for Bartz, I have mixed feelings about him, since he was never a fav of mine (although his gameplay wasn't that bad, but meh).
This is a generic forum signature.
#71  May 29, 2015, 07:35:30 pm
50 is just a ballpark of what they could go for if it's successful enough and Squenix keeps giving the OK.
I don't imagine it not being successful enough.
I don't really expect it to actually reach 50, though, maybe 40 to 45 in two years or more (depending on how fast they greenlight the increase and how much time they need for each character, especially once we start going beyond the 012 cast). Since they're starting with a low count and going up from there, it's pretty obvious they'll start with the main cast from the original game (plus the FF14 girl), then the 012 guys (including Laguna), and then onward.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:38:47 pm by DKDC
#72  October 07, 2015, 04:09:58 pm
#73  October 08, 2015, 11:33:40 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Oh is it finally reaching arcades on November? They've been awfully quiet about this game.
The last thing they teased was Ramza but so far we haven't seen his model. Oh well, I'm probably getting a PS4 for this.
#74  October 08, 2015, 06:44:27 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
50 characters? I suppose we'll see about that.

11/2015
http://gematsu.com/2015/10/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-reportedly-slated-november-release

DLC is still a profitable business, so I can see them going that route to hit 50 characters if there's say 35-40...

Oh is it finally reaching arcades on November? They've been awfully quiet about this game.
The last thing they teased was Ramza but so far we haven't seen his model. Oh well, I'm probably getting a PS4 for this.

Ramza was confirmed, not just teased right?
And yeah, gonna need to get a PS4 myself for this game(kicking myself so hard for being jobless during the PSP Dissidia era...)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#75  October 08, 2015, 07:06:43 pm
Teased = confirmed
Well, confirmed isn't teased, but teased is confirmed. IIRC they only showed his original art from Tactics, or at most an updated version of it.

Still waiting for any actual information, but it'll take a while to get anything actually new. Most I expect for the first release is "oh, it's prettier".
#76  October 08, 2015, 09:13:14 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Got blown up by a stupidity mine
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:47:42 pm by Xhominid
#77  October 08, 2015, 09:34:17 pm
... He was confirmed. They showed his art, they gave his name, that's a confirmation. If they're teasing his appearance, it's a confirmation that he'll be in.
#78  October 09, 2015, 12:34:44 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Teased as in, no 3D model was shown, no gameplay was shown, only Uematsu's Nomura version of him.
But yes, anyways, that was the last major thing they showed.

Edit: yeah brainfart. Belts and zippers, not music composer.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:32:50 am by S.D.

SNT

#79  October 10, 2015, 01:39:55 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Nomura.
#80  October 20, 2015, 11:32:48 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
To no one's surprise (Even though it's obvious that everyone's models are made from scratch), Cecil and Frioniel come back.