YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522850 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#41  May 01, 2015, 04:01:54 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
There was one particular scene in Z that I thought was handled really well that was better than the manga (dunno about Kai, didn't watch).

When Yamcha and the Saibamen are fighting, they seemingly disappear, and Gohan's all "Where are they?" and Piccolo's like "Idiot, they're moving super fast. We can all see them except you!"

When Z had the scene, Piccolo calmly helped Gohan "see" them, strengthening his connection to Gohan and making me actually give a shit when Piccolo got killed.
#42  May 01, 2015, 08:59:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It's fine if you have terrible taste and prefer Kai, its awful "remastered" look with terrible cropping and super toned down violence, just don't claim it's superior, and that you can't handle the old series because you have some kind of ADD or something.
#43  May 01, 2015, 10:55:55 am
I like the Z version more than Kai.
I actually like the fillers and how it looks. Kai is the abridged version and sincerely it adds nothing, it cuts stuff that I also liked.
(no TFS jokes please, you know what I meant)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#44  May 01, 2015, 10:57:34 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
It's fine if you have terrible taste and prefer Kai, its awful "remastered" look with terrible cropping and super toned down violence, just don't claim it's superior, and that you can't handle the old series because you have some kind of ADD or something.

It's fine if you are an elitist but when it comes to discuss things that makes you an awful person to debate with. Just let people like Kai if they want to, its their right and you are in no right to say to people what they should like or hate. Get off the horse for once k thx bye.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:02:13 am by Ryūku Tsukuyomi
#45  May 01, 2015, 11:37:04 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
"debate" implies that I'm opening up to people talking back and maybe changing my mind, so that's the wrong word to use. k thnx bye.

There's some charm to Dragon Ball's world building even with the silliest and most non-essential excuses.  Like Goku learning to dress like Fred Flintstone and getting his license.  Or 16, 17 and 18 messing with some teens in their race.  And Gohan actually trained and learned some things before Nappa and Vegeta showed up.
So this.
It'd be hell to go through and watch all over again though.
And this too, then again most of us watched it more than twice thanks to TV reruns. But yeah.
#46  May 01, 2015, 11:43:43 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
"debate" implies that I'm opening up to people talking back and maybe changing my mind, so that's the wrong word to use. k thnx bye.

So thats basically how you always react, by dodging the topic. But I'm gonna stop here, you're clearly not worth it, all you do is act like an anime elitist so I'll let you in your own self absorbed world. At least there no one will ever try to think a way different then yours.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#47  May 02, 2015, 12:38:47 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
So much talking about Z v. Kai. Reeeeeeeeeally not giving a shit. Let's stop because it's a stupid discussion overall.

You guys can make a separate thread about your hatred for one series over the other elsewhere on this board. Besides that, keep on topic about the upcoming series.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#48  May 03, 2015, 01:14:58 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

So thats basically how you always react, by dodging the topic. But I'm gonna stop here, you're clearly not worth it, all you do is act like an anime elitist so I'll let you in your own self absorbed world. At least there no one will ever try to think a way different then yours.
Cool thanks, no one was asking you to do otherwise, so it's your own fault :)
#49  May 03, 2015, 04:13:38 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
That's enough. I'm warning everyone on here to stay on topic.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#50  May 03, 2015, 04:41:24 pm
    • Germany
Mhh I would like to see what happens in Future Trunks alternate Timeline, if Future Trunks was able to stop his version of Buu and what happend after that, I'm curious if the show will address this at some point, or if Toriyama already forgot that the alternate timeline was a thing at some point in his story.
#51  May 03, 2015, 05:09:17 pm
Cell never reached his Perfect form and no Saiyan reached SSJ2 form, so Babidi never went to Earth and probably never found anyone strong enough to revive Buu. It's a non-issue for Future Trunks.
On the other hand, Beerus should still hear of Freeza's death and look for a Saiyan expecting to find the Super Saiyan God, so when there's only Trunks left, he should blow up Earth in frustration... Unless Whis realizes soon enough that Goku is dead and doesn't bring Beerus to Earth at all.
But I just don't think the Future timeline will ever be relevant again.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#52  May 03, 2015, 06:08:38 pm
  • Such a good day for chars.
    • USA
    • Waste-Poetry@hotmail.com
I'm a bit weary of this show, honestly. Excited and I feel a raging nostalgia boner coming on, (lol.) but I was very disappointed with Battle of the Gods. Haven't seen return of F though. Anybody see it believed it to be any good?
You either quit a decent creator, or stay long enough to become Kung Fu Man.
Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:11:53 pm by Dragon-Poetry
#53  May 03, 2015, 11:53:15 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Mhh I would like to see what happens in Future Trunks alternate Timeline, if Future Trunks was able to stop his version of Buu and what happend after that, I'm curious if the show will address this at some point, or if Toriyama already forgot that the alternate timeline was a thing at some point in his story.
Doesn't XV actually explain that? I mean sure,  it's a game, we don't know if it's canon (Unless the Supreme Kai of time, Towa or Mira show up on the next movie)
Pretty much what DKDC said, plus the time patrol was formed because it was brought to The supreme Kai of Time that Trunk altered a timeline and he had to join to make up for it.
I think the Fukkatsu no F manga and movie also explain that Whis tends to also alter the time whenever Bills goes out of control so they could open themselves to expand on that.
#54  May 04, 2015, 10:11:00 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I honestly think that ZV is cannon for many things. Also if you're going to mess with the timeline, for good or bad there will be consequences....

I really hope they do expand on that sort of thing too.
#55  May 06, 2015, 10:18:23 pm
Doesn't XV actually explain that? I mean sure,  it's a game, we don't know if it's canon (Unless the Supreme Kai of time, Towa or Mira show up on the next movie)
Well, there's also Shin Budokai 2 (Another Road).
#56  May 14, 2015, 04:47:27 pm
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA
XV (or any game) has nothing to do with the canon Toriyama is doing with the show. There's different variations to the timeline, but it usually goes;

Manga (original, Minus, Jaco, etc) + BoG and RoF
Cartoon (No films, kai being the new filler-less canon), + Goku & Friends,  BoG and RoF

Then you have several splinter canons, using various films (original 13) that really can't be used in conjunction with one another and show. It's a mess. Also, GT is out. It's not tied to Super.

・・・・・・・・⑨
Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:19:51 pm by Kairi
#57  May 14, 2015, 05:00:37 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
#58  May 14, 2015, 05:33:10 pm
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA

・・・・・・・・⑨
#59  May 16, 2015, 10:17:14 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
#60  May 17, 2015, 12:08:37 am
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA
^ Sent a request, just now.

・・・・・・・・⑨