YesNoOk

DC Television Universe Discussion Thread (Read 266298 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
Share this topic:
DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#1  May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
With Arrow, The Flash, and the soon coming Supergirl, Vixen and Legends of Tomorrow, DKDC and I thought that now would be a good time to start a thread concerning the DC Television universe. Feel free to discuss anything related to the DC Television Universe here.
Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:03:41 am by Uche_of_MFG
Re: DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#2  May 14, 2015, 11:25:31 pm
I don't think Supergirl is going to be part of the same universe as Arrow, Flash and LoT, those are CW shows and Supergirl is by CBS. I expect we're getting the movie universe, the CW universe, and then Supergirl... That one can probably stay in the "everything else" topic if there's no connection.
Oh, but there is a fourth series in the CW verse, the cartoon with whatshername, the black chick who gets the power of animals.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  May 15, 2015, 12:43:34 am
    • USA
  • Her name is Vixen.
  • I updated the 1st post.
#4  May 15, 2015, 01:02:31 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Actually.. they did say that Supergirl would be part of the Arrow Flash universe. They hav the same producer i think also
#5  May 15, 2015, 01:23:59 am
Really ? That's weird, that would mean that there has been a Superman flying around during the Arrow and Flash series, and it's always sounded like Flash was the first time superpowers appeared.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  May 15, 2015, 02:15:36 am
pretty weak op, should have more information on each show (in comparison to the absolute nothing it currently has)
#7  May 15, 2015, 05:08:46 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Season finale of arrow was wack den bitch
#8  May 15, 2015, 02:51:37 pm
    • Poland
Yeah right... We got fight of Oliver vs Ra's where we didn't know who is who because the same costiumes. When Oliver delivered final blow I laughed so hard because you could clearly see sword under Rha's armpit...

Overal Arrow turned into shit since the moment where Rha's killed Oliver. I am supposed to believe that some herbs revieved him ? Using Lazarus Pit could' been more logical choice. And that's just the tip of iceberg. Show was so full of plotholes & logical errors so I started treatiing it more like parody or comedy so I could keep watching smoothly. It's shame really because S02 was pretty great with Deadshot & all (anyone remember that awesome episode inside Queen's Mansion) ? They started listening their retarded fanbase at CW who wanted more "feelings" and Olicity instead suspense & action and this is the result - pretty weak show for teens. Oh and they pretty much copied whole Batman storyline, and some real antagonists of Green Arrow were reduced to the "monsters of the week". Sad.

Flash got much better, and I don't really understand why. I heard that writing team that was behind of S02 of Arrow was moved to The Flash so maybe that was the reason... I only kept wathing Arrow because of crossovers. They kind reset whole story in the finale so S04 could be better as long there will be good writers. We'll see.

As for Legends of Tomorrow trailer it looks suprisingly good. I didn't have many expectations but this can turn into something great especially with 13 episode season without fillers & shit.

Supergirl looks like some light girly comedy for teens but maybe it will get better with time. Black Jimmy Olsen looks weird as shit (do they have to change race or gender of iconic character all the time lately ?). I'm still not sure if I'm gonna be watching although Melissa Benoist is very pretty and seems to be good actress and Calista Flockhart is in so maybe ? Still I don't get how they want to make Supergirl show without Superman, especially since they are hinting he's out there somewhere. I wish they could convince Tom Welling from Smallville to guest as Superman. That could been dope
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#9  May 17, 2015, 06:19:02 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There's a balance to be struck in how much they reference/depict Superman (because it will necessarily overshadow the superhero who is actually the star of the show), but Superman really shouldn't be appearing much in the show, I think. Apparently they've not even cast anyone yet and are just using a stand-in, which seems good enough for now. He can always appear in a season finale or something.

Actually.. they did say that Supergirl would be part of the Arrow Flash universe. They hav the same producer i think also
It's unclear; that same creator/producer recently said in an interview that they weren't going to be doing any crossovers in the immediate future, and the fact that they're on different networks makes crossovers harder to do (though it's not impossible). The second trailer for Supergirl gave her the line saying something like "now this world has more than one hero," which also doesn't help (though it can be worked around pretty easily; Arrow wouldn't be seen as being on the same level of Superman because he's just a dude with arrows with multiple run-ins with the law, and the first season of the Flash could always take place after Supergirl's first season or something).

As for the other DC shows, there's also been talk about crossing over with Constantine, but nothing concrete; I do seem to remember that Gotham doesn't take place in the same universe as the other DC shows, though.
#10  May 17, 2015, 06:44:48 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Yeah, while I can imagine Constantine, Arrow, Flash and Supergirl taking place in the same universe, it's be impossible for Gotham to, unless they wanted to make batman 20 years younger then oliver, which would be stupid.

Anyway, I really am hoping we see Cyborg Superman. I love the Concept, look and everything about the character in general, so I would love to see him in something. (Since the New 52 version really sucks)

#11  May 17, 2015, 11:19:12 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Gotham is almost certainly in its own universe, but it's also got the DCAU/Archer style anachronism going on where its unclear what time period its in, so if they wanted to make it fit they could. We know Batman's a part of the CW-verse because there's a Wayne/Queen merger happening in the future.

Speaking of which, Stephen Amell says he's worn the Arrow suit for the last time. Of course he has to mean the traditional Arrow suit, as we can plainly see he's wearing a different costume in the Legends of Tomorrow trailer. Guess we can call that the Green Arrow suit?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12  May 21, 2015, 05:23:14 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13  May 21, 2015, 09:40:59 am
Yeah, that was just full of whaaaaaat
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:53:02 pm by DKDC
#14  May 21, 2015, 01:10:59 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Cavanagh's acting was so awesome this whole episode. He had some of the best parts. Loved the part when the helmet came flying through.
His response means he knows who it belongs to?

Also, it now seems that CBS has blocked any crossover with Supergirl for the time being.

#15  May 21, 2015, 01:54:27 pm
#16  May 21, 2015, 04:35:34 pm
    • USA
That finale is everything I love about comic book stories in condensed form.

This time
This time
#17  May 22, 2015, 09:40:34 pm
Supergirl pilot
eeewwwwwww. Good thing they're keeping it off the CW verse for now.
(in short ? An hour's worth of Cat Grant's speech from the trailer)
Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:49:55 pm by DKDC
#18  June 08, 2015, 12:13:38 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
#19  June 08, 2015, 06:07:54 am
    • USA
Constantine was on the wrong network.
#20  June 08, 2015, 06:29:48 am
    • USA
It really was, it would have thrived on a cable network where it could have gotten away with a little bit more.
This time
This time