YesNoOk

Dope's Projects (Current: Future Trunks) [Download Inside] (Read 72177 times)

Started by Dope, February 20, 2011, 09:50:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dope's Projects (Current: Silver Samurai)
#81  July 07, 2014, 07:12:34 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Good luck man and you are off to a great start.
#82  July 08, 2014, 04:00:23 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Sure thing man, I make the ports and I let the creator decide on style. Here you go man, below is the links of some of my casual stuff.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

They look nice. If you want to go ahead and make one and I'll go from there. No rush as I have quite a ways to go before I get that far.

Just curious, will you ever go back to Scarecrow?
I highly doubt it. Axkeeper (Scarecrow's spriter) had no interest what so ever to fix sprites or make new ones. The way he threw them in the sff was all jacked up and full of too many shared colors in extremely odd ways that it made palette making near impossible. I started to fix it up myself but got fed up with it. I think I fixed the shirt and hat in all the sprites but that was it. Someone from CC (CVG) was supposed to fix the rest but never did. Maybe if the sprites got fixed I'd have some interest in continuing. Plus there were a lot of creative differences with people I will not name from that forum that got me frustrated and made me drop the project. My work was going to be "borrowed" and downgraded whilst my original version without sloppy code was not going to be allowed to be available at that forum. Actually that did happen already, I don't know why I made that sentence past tense. So yeah, not a fun time making that character because certain people were trying to restrict what I can and can't do because they felt they had all rights to the character simply because Axkeeper told said user(s) "sure you can use him in your full game when he's done". Sorry for the longwinded rant. Bad memories. I don't have any plans to finish Scarecrow in the near future. However, now that I stopped going to that forum I can do whatever I want with the character and have all creative liberties so it's a maybe. Definitely not going to work on it in 2014. Who knows about 2015. If someone could finish fixing the sprites I'd probably finish up the character. He was pretty close to done. That's the major thing that made me stop was I got sick of the incorrect paletting of the sprites and it took way too long to fix myself.
#83  July 08, 2014, 04:18:11 am
Sure thing man, I make the ports and I let the creator decide on style. Here you go man, below is the links of some of my casual stuff.

They look nice. If you want to go ahead and make one and I'll go from there. No rush as I have quite a ways to go before I get that far.

Just curious, will you ever go back to Scarecrow?
I highly doubt it. Axkeeper (Scarecrow's spriter) had no interest what so ever to fix sprites or make new ones. The way he threw them in the sff was all jacked up and full of too many shared colors in extremely odd ways that it made palette making near impossible. I started to fix it up myself but got fed up with it. I think I fixed the shirt and hat in all the sprites but that was it. Someone from CC (CVG) was supposed to fix the rest but never did. Maybe if the sprites got fixed I'd have some interest in continuing. Plus there were a lot of creative differences with people I will not name from that forum that got me frustrated and made me drop the project. My work was going to be "borrowed" and downgraded whilst my original version without sloppy code was not going to be allowed to be available at that forum. Actually that did happen already, I don't know why I made that sentence past tense. So yeah, not a fun time making that character because certain people were trying to restrict what I can and can't do because they felt they had all rights to the character simply because Axkeeper told said user(s) "sure you can use him in your full game when he's done". Sorry for the longwinded rant. Bad memories. I don't have any plans to finish Scarecrow in the near future. However, now that I stopped going to that forum I can do whatever I want with the character and have all creative liberties so it's a maybe. Definitely not going to work on it in 2014. Who knows about 2015. If someone could finish fixing the sprites I'd probably finish up the character. He was pretty close to done. That's the major thing that made me stop was I got sick of the incorrect paletting of the sprites and it took way too long to fix myself.

I can understand and I remember the incident you're talking about with the Batman project. Just was curious because I liked your beta and saw that you weren't gonna drop it and never heard anything else about it. Its rare to see people work on DC characters... I always see Marvel, Capcom and SNK
#84  July 08, 2014, 04:32:19 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Personally I like DC more than Marvel so I can understand that. But yes a member at CC was supposed to finish fixing the sprites but never did and moved onto other things. That was at least a year ago now and I have yet to hear anything back still and I don't feel like inquiring. So it all seems to fall on me and I have other projects I'm more interested in at the moment. If the sprites were fixed I'd probably pick it up again but I don't feel like doing it myself anytime soon.
#85  July 14, 2014, 05:28:34 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/

I finished separating his attacks like I wanted. Now x has to be pressed twice to do the light punch combo, and y also has to be pushed twice now to do the medium punch down and up slashes. I also redid all his basic chains. Another thing I did was fix a poor coding error made by Mazemerald on the elemental fx. If Silver Samurai switched sides while it was active the elemental fx wouldn't flip with him and all the fx go behind him instead of in front of him. That took me a couple hours yesterday to fix all that because I had to fix every instance of the fx in the character. Worth it though because the elemental fx look awesome. Especially the fire, I can't get enough of that.
#86  July 16, 2014, 10:33:41 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
#87  July 16, 2014, 11:06:00 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Nice. Appreciate it man.
#88  July 17, 2014, 03:32:06 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
No problem man and any time. Enjoy the small tokens.lol
Re: Dope's Projects (Current: Berserk Sagat) [Download Inside]
#89  June 12, 2015, 05:34:41 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I'm finally back at it. Sort of. I would like to be working on Kenpachi first but he requires way more work so instead I went back to an old project of mine, Berserk Sagat. I recently got the inspiration and motivation to start up Sagat again.

Copy paste of the first post:
Berserk Sagat

Character Overview
Some of you may be aware of my update I made for Kurai Naito's Sagat in 2011. I'm using that as my base for this custom Sagat that I've dubbed Berserk Sagat. This one has six attack buttons instead of the usual four that SNK uses. He'll play very similar as Kurai Naito's but he'll have traditional Sagat attacks plus some new revised specials and supers with my own twist on them. Some of his attacks will look more aggressive than your typical Sagat as if he were enraged and going all out, hence the name Berserk Sagat. No this isn't one of those many crap Dark/Evil/Orochi/SSJ7 edits. He's not overpowered at all and there aren't a bunch of fx covering him to make him look like a new character.

So far what I've done is convert him from 4 buttons to 6 buttons. Gave him an aerial tiger shot. Revamped some of his basics. Sprited a new crouch hard punch and crouch medium kick. Those could be better since I did lazy frankenspriting. If anyone wants to sprite better attacks for those 2 normals feel free to hit me up. Also updated hitdefs on all his specials and of course made variants for the new six button style instead of the old 4 button style variants. That's about it really so far. Now it's onto changing him from Sagat into "Berserk Sagat". Here's a screenshot

He's complete to a certain degree as far as your traditional Sagats go but he still needs a lot done to be switched into a "Berserk Sagat" instead of regular Sagat as he currently is. He's good to go though as far as a normal Sagat typically is so here's a public beta for my current progress:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/op0qtn
Re: Dope's Projects (Current: DBZ: EB Trunks)
#90  June 23, 2015, 05:24:16 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
New project. I saw the DBZ: EB rips yesterday and immediately decided to put all current projects on hold to start work on Trunks. Most of my other projects need sprite edits to continue but since Trunks wouldn't need any edits (for now anyways) I decided to switch priority over to him. Not much progress yet. I got my palette template made and have the sprites cropped and sff ready. Haven't actually added them to an sff yet.

Here's the stance and a look at the first custom palette I made.

A bit disappointed that the boots aren't color separated but that won't stop me from making good palettes.

As for what his gameplay will be like I have no idea yet. He'll play a lot like my Onomatopoeia character but with some DBZ flare. Not sure yet if he'll be a four or six button character yet. I still need to sort through all potential basic attacks before I make up my mind on that. I'm open to any contributions on this project like sounds or sprite edits.

Depending on how well Trunks turns out I might end up making Piccolo next. But that's probably it other than maybe Bardock but even that's farfetched.
Re: Dope's Projects (Current: DBZ: EB Trunks) [Download Inside]
#91  July 07, 2015, 01:26:40 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I've got some good progress done on Trunks. Since all my old private testers are no longer around I'm instead just posting all my alphas and betas publicly in their respective project threads. I've got a new public alpha available for Trunks below:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/u0s9b4
Updated 7-13-2015
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7glhhb

Some screenshots before I go into details

What's done:
- Small and big portraits
- 4 palettes
- All basic movements plus some advanced movements
- All normal attacks plus some dash attacks
- 1 intro (still needs work though)
- 1 winpose (may add voices and fx later)
- Taunt

Now onto specifics on his playstyle. He's a 4 attack button character with a 5th button for dashing. Dashing uses up the custom gauge and allows you to close in quick and follow up with special stronger attacks. The gauge is the same one I use for my newer Bleach characters and will be used for a few different things like EX moves and of course dashing. I'm not sure what to do with the 6th button yet but I might make it into an assist button if I don't come up with anything else. There's a lot of assists in Extreme Butoden so it'll probably be something like "z" for Bulma, "D,F, z" for Vegeta, "D,B, z" for Tapion, etc.

Quick note about the public alpha. CLSNs are sloppy for now. A lot of them are remnants from Kenpachi who I used as base so I need to redo them all. Also no gethits yet. Haven't had time or interest for that yet but coming soon.

And does anyone know where to get Japanese voice rips for Trunks? I don't mind the English one but he does sound whiny compared to the Japanese one.
Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:03:58 pm by Dope
#92  July 07, 2015, 02:10:52 am
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#93  July 07, 2015, 02:17:19 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
His AI has not been worked on at all. His AI is actually remnants of Kenpachi, which is remnants of my OLD Kenpachi so there's no way his AI is going to do anything right and I'm sure he'll go into a lot of invalid states. AI coding is something I always wait until the end to do after all attacks and gethits are coded so don't play against him or use him in watch mode until then.
#94  July 07, 2015, 02:55:08 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
if the warp didn't took them

MFG still has the Super Butoden and Budokai sounds rips for trunks
#95  July 07, 2015, 05:04:06 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
#96  July 08, 2015, 07:02:56 pm
#97  July 08, 2015, 09:22:31 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
if the warp didn't took them

MFG still has the Super Butoden and Budokai sounds rips for trunks
Didn't notice any Budokai rips when I looked about a week ago. I saw Super Butoden but didn't look into it because I was hoping for Budokai rips whether it's the regular 1-3 or Tenkaichi 1-3. I'll have to look for them again later.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/color-separated-sprites-by-girard-139019.msg2132179.html#msg2132179
Regarding sprites and color separation, Girard has color separated Trunks if you ever feel like using them. Surprised no one mentioned it yet.
Kinda wish I had noticed this before I cropped the sprite sheet. Too lazy at this point to go back and change it but I might eventually. Really the only thing I care about being color separated is the boots. Everything else is fine to me and separated hands and face, etc just makes for extra work when making palettes. Even with the boots being shared with the hair I'm ok with it for now because I'm making great palettes regardless.

...Dashing uses up the custom gauge...
Not for the air dashes.
Those aren't special dashes. Those are the regular normal air dashes that can be performed with F,F or B,B. I temporarily mapped the command as also being able to use forward c or back c. He will have a special air dash like his ground dash that can only be done with the c button and uses up the gauge. I would've done it already but I haven't picked out an attack yet for his air dash kick. Punch is already done, it's just not in the public alpha. This is what his air dash punch will be for anyone that wants to see:

It slams P2 straight to the ground. Haven't decided on the kick yet but it'll most likely be one of his air slashes because I'd like to use a unique animation instead of recycling one of his other basic attack animations.

GT

#98  July 09, 2015, 12:02:17 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
I think you should lower the x & y scale to .85 & .9 respectively. He's huge compared to KFM.

And does anyone know where to get Japanese voice rips for Trunks? I don't mind the English one but he does sound whiny compared to the Japanese one.

Say no more, fam'.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#99  July 13, 2015, 11:02:40 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
More progress and new public alpha. Major changes:
- Special air dash added.
- Special basic attacks for new special air dash added.
- New special "Pommel Bash".
- New special "Burning Knee".

and here's the download for the new public alpha (7-13-2015)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7glhhb

And a couple new screenshots

I think you should lower the x & y scale to .85 & .9 respectively. He's huge compared to KFM.
I think I'll leave it at it's original scale but those are nice scale values. I'll leave them semicoloned out in the cns and I'll add a note to the read me. Thanks.

Say no more, fam'.
Thanks. Although it seems a bit lacking. I was hoping for more voices but I'm sure these'll come in handy too.
#100  July 13, 2015, 11:09:57 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It's coming along nicely