YesNoOk

a chat with vets, live interviews with MUGEN peoples (Interviews always on pg1) (Read 114166 times)

Started by Kamekaze, July 23, 2015, 05:59:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: a chat with vets, live interviews with MUGEN peoples
#21  July 23, 2015, 06:51:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wondered why you would be chatting with veterinaries.

It was a very, very stupid time with two sides fighting.
It was a mess. Pretty much our dark age.
Valodim, Ilusionista JNP and Sepp sounds like a good pick for those chats I guess.They were some of the main targets of the Elite.

Bea

#22  July 23, 2015, 06:59:40 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
It would be fun to talk to JJWE as well, but I do believe he want to keep his Mugen past buried. :P
He would be one of the few that started before me that I still have contact with. :)
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#23  July 23, 2015, 07:13:46 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
well as I said, if you can get a hold of these guys and tell them what I'm doing that would be greatly appreciated since they probably wouldn't respond to someone they've never met asking about mugen history lol

I wondered why you would be chatting with veterinaries.

It was a very, very stupid time with two sides fighting.
It was a mess. Pretty much our dark age.
Valodim, Ilusionista JNP and Sepp sounds like a good pick for those chats I guess.They were some of the main targets of the Elite.

Because they do the jobs this country needs!
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#24  July 23, 2015, 07:17:55 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Awesome idea indeed ;) I would like to suggest me to the inteviews but my spoken english is worse than my written english :'( (unless someone offers as translator maybe, I don't know). Anyway, there're a good amount of creators here that can do a better job in the interviews, so good luck with this project, Kame :thumbsup:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

Bea

#25  July 23, 2015, 07:19:20 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I could try to hit JJWE on FB, but I don't think he wants people asking him about his Spiderman any more. :P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#26  July 23, 2015, 07:21:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and the last question is:
when are you going ot release spiderman?
I know you want to do that.
#27  July 23, 2015, 07:27:15 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
my questions are never tailored toward the author, it's just the same questions for everyone because everyone would have vastly different answers because of it.
Awesome idea indeed ;) I would like to suggest me to the inteviews but my spoken english is worse than my written english :'( (unless someone offers as translator maybe, I don't know). Anyway, there're a good amount of creators here that can do a better job in the interviews, so good luck with this project, Kame :thumbsup:

worse comes to worst I add subtitles.

#28  July 23, 2015, 07:27:39 pm
i remember being excited for neogouki's spiderman for years and it never fucking happened
#29  July 23, 2015, 07:32:15 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

I'd be happy to act as an interpreter for any Spanish speakers that aren't comfortable speaking English, if necessary.
#30  July 23, 2015, 07:40:49 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Well what I'd prefer is just subtitles as otherwise the video may exceed 30 minutes which is what I'd prefer to stay under. If you want to translate for me we can work something out and I'll send you the rough cut or something of that nature. However for best results I'd like to stay in english.
#31  July 23, 2015, 08:20:19 pm
    • Peru
I'm up to the interview if you want to do it. I've been here for a long time, and before that I lurked our beloved Mugen Dev.
I created a few chars and stages, even programmed a videogame based on the mugen premise using the old SFF specification.
#32  July 23, 2015, 08:29:32 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
would next thursday work for you? If so I'll need your skype which you can pm me for. The questions will be in the same format as that vid I did with vans. All "ums" and pauses are edited out so you can take as long as you need to answer etc

I'll also need the first work you've ever made just in case its dos and I have to convert it. @Bea: can confirm my mastery of the arts in that area lol
#33  July 23, 2015, 08:40:31 pm
    • Peru
Yeah, thursday night works for me. Also, If you have time on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday I'll be available since it's the National Holidays in Perú.

I'll send you a Dropbox link with all my work... yeah, It was for DosMugen.
#34  July 23, 2015, 08:52:19 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Alrighty, if I can do monday I'll let you know 24 hours in advance

Bea

#35  July 23, 2015, 08:59:30 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I'll also need the first work you've ever made just in case its dos and I have to convert it. @Bea: can confirm my mastery of the arts in that area lol

I was surprised you got that fossil to work, indeed. :P

lui

#36  July 23, 2015, 09:19:11 pm
    • USA
im a youngster when it comes to MUGENing at least and the forum is really relaxed compared to how you guys described it from the dark ages :v
HOW DID YOU GUYS SURVIVE :o
#37  July 23, 2015, 09:24:46 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
relatively easily to be honest. Like vans I found a few people willing to help me improve my craft and stop sucking. If it weren't for Moldredd my AI wouldn't be as notoriously difficult yet fair as it is today. I wasn't worried about taking code because my reference point was talking to the people who made stuff in the direction I was going in. At that point they just explained how they did things and I went my own way.
#38  July 23, 2015, 09:28:12 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I'm open to any interview, so feel free to drop me a line. I've been in this shit for more than 15 years, so I can probably provide a good insight of the early origins of Mugen, for example not many people knows that back then, characters' maximum life was 256 points in the earlier versions, and afterwards it was raised to the current 1000.

FYI, I'm based in Spain (GMT+2), so maybe it will be easier to catch me during weekends
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!

Bea

#39  July 23, 2015, 09:30:23 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
It was a bit harder back in 1999 up to 06.27 Mugen version in 2000.
Mostly because there was no documentation at all, nor a list of triggers and cns states that you could use, until JJWE compiled one. :P
KFM and Testp characters didn't use all of them either, so there was no reference point whatsoever.

Then with 06.27, Elecbyte introduced *gasp* expressions and *double gasp* documentation.

Edit:
XGargoyle up here is pretty much the only lad who has seniority over me around here. I started with 9x.10.19 version, and 1000 points was already the standard.
You started what... 2, 3 months before me?

#40  July 23, 2015, 09:36:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
relatively easily to be honest. Like vans I found a few people willing to help me improve my craft and stop sucking. If it weren't for Moldredd my AI wouldn't be as notoriously difficult yet fair as it is today. I wasn't worried about taking code because my reference point was talking to the people who made stuff in the direction I was going in. At that point they just explained how they did things and I went my own way.

I just wanted to get straight to coding without having to rip sprites. But NOOOoooo that was cause for pitch forks. This was before artmoney and it could take months to badly rip all the sprites needed for a character.

So me, Joram, and JJWE worked together to figure out artmoney. JJWE already had started using it for perfect axis. Once we got it I spent all my time trying to share sprites. And was still told I shouldn't do that because the threat of bad characters was too great.

If it wasn't for the Dark Ages of MUGEN I honestly think I would have finished a few characters. I got burned out ripping sprites and dealing with the verbal assaults of the elitists at the time and left for several years to make my comic. It wasn't as easy when you were a target of site hacks and had to watch so many people run away due to racist attacks "Brazil sucks!" and the most ridiculous power trips you'd ever see. Getting gangs of users attacking you wasn't fun.