YesNoOk

Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea (Read 86768 times)

Started by hatter, July 23, 2015, 05:00:12 am
Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea
New #1  July 23, 2015, 05:00:12 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I hope I've posted in the right thread. I'll be discussing a fullgame idea I hope to realize one day. I hope it intrigues people enough to discuss ideas, I'm pretty low on them and I'd love to hear your suggestions, so without further ado:

--CAPCOM vs. SQUARE ENIX: PARALLEL DESTINIES--

1. GAMEPLAY:

The game will consist of 3-on-3 tag matches, in the vein of Capcom vs SNK 2. The battle system itself is inspired by the C-Groove with a few other mechanics not present in that groove. So as a small rundown:

-C-Groove subsystems: Roll, Dash, Air Block, Limit Cancel**
-Advancing Guard (XvSF)
-EX Assist (Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy; a part of the tag system).

Tag team system = King of Fighters/Capcom Fighting Jam inspired. Has the 3-on-3 format of KoF 98/CvS2, but players have the ability to sacrifice one super bar to initiate an EX Assist, in which, depending on the buttons pressed (2 punches or 2 kicks), a designated character from your team will enter the fray of battle and assault the opponent for 20 seconds. The character, after the 20 seconds will go off-screen. Alternatively, the EX Assist can be prematurely ended if the assist character is assaulted by the opponent.

At the end of a match, by pressing 2 punches or 2 kicks, you can switch between your characters, provided that they have not been KO’ed.

2. ROSTER:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

4. CONFIRMED MOVE LISTS:
Special thanks to Xenomic for taking the time to write down these move lists, dunno where I'd be without him. As noted he did most of the move lists present; I only did Daigo Kazama, Cody Travers and Adam Jensen.

CAPCOM

SQUAREENIX

5. STAGES:

Lestallum - Final Fantasy XV
Limbo City - DmC: Devil may Cry
El Dorado - Strider 2
Forest of Mana - Secret of Mana
Makai Entrance - Darkstalkers
Aveh - Xenogears
Hong Kong - SF3: 3rd Strike
Twilight Town - Kingdom Hearts 2
Oedo - Power Stone
Inoba Coliseum, Kyoto* - Ehrgeiz
Cosomogenesis - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (TRAINING STAGE)

*This stage isn't exactly situated in Kyoto in the source game, but seeing that I'm basing it off a Japanese character (Dasher Inoba from Ehrgeiz), and I'm following the format of CvS2, I thought Kyoto would be nice, so yeah that's why I put Kyoto.

**Limit Cancel = Super Cancel, since Super Combos are being called Limit Breaks here.

What do you think guys? If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them! :)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:29:21 am by Hatter
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea
#2  July 23, 2015, 05:37:15 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Heh. Shinryu being final boss. That's ingenious, mostly because of how omnipotent the guy is anyways. Asura and Lenneth are both good choices too for the sub-bosses. I also like that you limited how many were from the SF and FF series too (otherwise, it'd be too big).  Though some of the choices I have to question for some of them (Ibuki strikes me as the odd one out of that set).

Not sure about the gameplay mechanics honestly. I almost feel like it should do a better job of combining the Square side of things and the Capcom side of things a bit more. I'm not sure HOW but....yeah. Also, could totally call Limit Hyper Combos, just Limit Breaks or something of the sort : V

I'd almost say go with one from each series just so it doesn't get TOO big with the roster really. Though the big issue there is that more often than not the main characters of said series will probably be the pick or something...hmmm (except Demitri for Darkstalkers. Nobody remembers him as the main character and only Morrigan : < )

(Did Square publish/make Odin Sphere?? I thought that was Vanillaware?)
#3  July 23, 2015, 07:03:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
For as good as an idea this is, I'd say.. Go for a more simpler gameplay (still MvC, but I mean something like... MvC3). The gameplay mechanic in there is more fast paced more "fluid", unless that's not your cup of tea.

But quick question: Will everyone in the roster by original sprited or some will keep their sprites while others gain new ones? (Like CvS2 where everyone in the SNK side gained new sprites while some in the Capcom side retained their Alpha sprites, even with Morrigan and her sprites from Vampire Savior).
#4  July 23, 2015, 04:07:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Heh. Shinryu being final boss. That's ingenious, mostly because of how omnipotent the guy is anyways. Asura and Lenneth are both good choices too for the sub-bosses. I also like that you limited how many were from the SF and FF series too (otherwise, it'd be too big).  Though some of the choices I have to question for some of them (Ibuki strikes me as the odd one out of that set).

Not sure about the gameplay mechanics honestly. I almost feel like it should do a better job of combining the Square side of things and the Capcom side of things a bit more. I'm not sure HOW but....yeah. Also, could totally call Limit Hyper Combos, just Limit Breaks or something of the sort : V

I'd almost say go with one from each series just so it doesn't get TOO big with the roster really. Though the big issue there is that more often than not the main characters of said series will probably be the pick or something...hmmm (except Demitri for Darkstalkers. Nobody remembers him as the main character and only Morrigan : < )

(Did Square publish/make Odin Sphere?? I thought that was Vanillaware?)

Thanks. A Square Enix final boss was a must, because let's face it they always outdo themselves with final bosses. I was debating whether it should be Bhunivelze, Chaos, or Genesis Avatar from Crisis Core, but Shinryu honestly stood out because of his omnipotency, haha.

I only chose Ibuki as to make it a sort of gender balance (as in 2 male, 2 female reps). Originally, I was going for either Abel or Alex. It could change though.

As for Morrigan, I'm still debating on whether it should be her or Demitri, but I honestly might put Demitri in out of personal preference.

And yeah, Vanillaware developed Odin Sphere, while Square Enix published it in Europe, so I guess Oswald stays. :)

For as good as an idea this is, I'd say.. Go for a more simpler gameplay (still MvC, but I mean something like... MvC3). The gameplay mechanic in there is more fast paced more "fluid", unless that's not your cup of tea.

But quick question: Will everyone in the roster by original sprited or some will keep their sprites while others gain new ones? (Like CvS2 where everyone in the SNK side gained new sprites while some in the Capcom side retained their Alpha sprites, even with Morrigan and her sprites from Vampire Savior).

How was the gameplay of MvC3 like? Was it similar to MvC2 in terms of flow and speed? I only remember the X-Factor ability, 3-on-3 matches and the 5 button set-up, but that's all. Is there anything else that made it stand out from MvC2? And yeah, I think I'll go for something simple here, thanks. :)

About sprites, all characters will be in the CvS style of sprites, since it's the style I'm most proficient with, and it serves as a perfect balance between the muscularity of Capcom's characters, and the skinny anime-ishness of Square Enix's characters.

Also now that I thought about it, for stages, I plan to do it a la JeanBureau. If you saw his Fairy River stage (IDK what it was called), or his CvTW stage thread, then you know what I mean. As for screenpack, maybe something halfway between Hi-Res, and Low-Res?

Tell me what you guys think. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot, but I recall that somebody on the Infinity MUGEN forums was working on a Square Enix v. Capcom full-game. Does anybody know if it is still being worked on, or what happened to it??
Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:13:48 pm by Black Hatter
#5  July 23, 2015, 11:21:23 pm
    • USA
And it's just not Square without Gilgamesh either ha. Gotta have the Dan of FF there! : V

If it were me personally, I'd switch either Tifa or Lightning out with Terra, but I'm biased towards her so eh! Since Jecht and Zidane are there, they can just about fill what role Lightning would've done (heck, Terra + Jecht just about makes Lightning, now that I think about it). I almost want to say should have some Secret of Mana rep too (Primm/Purim would work nicely in that regards I feel). Oswald is unique enough that I don't mind, I rather liked his fighting style from the stream I saw of the game. I can't speak on most of the others, but I don't mind Jessica being there at all~ Dohohoho.

Actually, while doing dishes and thinking about this, I'd replace Tifa with Prishe. I feel Prishe would be a lot more unique myself, plus she's an adorable little badass that needs move loving~

As for the Capcom side, if I were to replace Ibuki with any other female (of course, that's not my call but just my opinion), I'd say Juri or C. Viper would work. Totally no reason at all for C. Viper though, nope! &gt;_&gt; <_< Or even Ingrid since she's kinda important to the SF side of things.  Demitri is a must-have for the Darkstalkers side (or you can extend that side by 1 to get him, if both sides aren't even. If not then...I don't know).  I can't really comment on the rest of the Square and Capcom characters myself.

If Demitri did get in, that'd be a lot of Midnight Blisses they'd all need!...Though I'm not complaining heh.
#6  July 23, 2015, 11:29:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
And it's just not Square without Gilgamesh either ha. Gotta have the Dan of FF there! : V

If it were me personally, I'd switch either Tifa or Lightning out with Terra, but I'm biased towards her so eh! Since Jecht and Zidane are there, they can just about fill what role Lightning would've done (heck, Terra + Jecht just about makes Lightning, now that I think about it). I almost want to say should have some Secret of Mana rep too (Primm/Purim would work nicely in that regards I feel). Oswald is unique enough that I don't mind, I rather liked his fighting style from the stream I saw of the game. I can't speak on most of the others, but I don't mind Jessica being there at all~ Dohohoho.

Actually, while doing dishes and thinking about this, I'd replace Tifa with Prishe. I feel Prishe would be a lot more unique myself, plus she's an adorable little badass that needs move loving~

As for the Capcom side, if I were to replace Ibuki with any other female (of course, that's not my call but just my opinion), I'd say Juri or C. Viper would work. Totally no reason at all for C. Viper though, nope! &gt;_&gt; <_< Or even Ingrid since she's kinda important to the SF side of things.  Demitri is a must-have for the Darkstalkers side (or you can extend that side by 1 to get him, if both sides aren't even. If not then...I don't know).  I can't really comment on the rest of the Square and Capcom characters myself.

If Demitri did get in, that'd be a lot of Midnight Blisses they'd all need!...Though I'm not complaining heh.

I originally thought about Terra in place of Lightning, but I ended up putting Lightning because I always liked her design ^_^. As a Secret of Mana rep, why not. In that case, I can bring Morrigan back, would be 23 from each side, which is perfect, since I don't want the roster to go above 50.

Also was thinking of a Final Fantasy XIV rep, but I hate that game, MMORPGs aren't my favorites even if based off of a franchise I like.

And actually, Ingrid or C.Viper might work. I'd have 4 characters with CvS sprites ready to be coded by yours truly. Ingrid sounds like a great idea, why didn't she ever cross my mind? Thanks for bringing that up.

I don't mind working on sprites in general, since I won't be using all CvS animations like running for example. It could be a great way to test my spriting abilities (though I might commission Sean Altly for a few anims one day).

I might post a drawn concept for a screenpack tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas man, really appreciate them. :) :)
#7  July 24, 2015, 12:02:33 am
    • USA
So 50 is max then eh? That would leave 4 overall not there (unless you're counting the sub-bosses and Shinryu into that mix), though I'm assuming you're not? That'd leave 2 for each side left over, if that's the case~

I only know of a couple FFXIV characters, being Minfilia and Y'shtola, and even then I barely know them at all lol. Prishe I recommended over Tifa since I know her a lot more (well, I know her the best out of the MMO characters) and her moveset would be...interesting to deal with, seeing how she plays in Dissidia 012 and whatnot. Chain various attacks for various effects and whatnot. But again, up to you on that bit! I'm also not a big fan of MMOs myself so yeah....Poor Terra, being left out though~

Heh, well at least seeing what you come up with for Demitri's stuff should be interesting then~ At least you don't have to worry about shocks since there doesn't seem to be anyone in the current roster that can induce that (as far as I can see anyways)~ : V

No problem. The idea seemed interesting enough to me, so thought I'd chime in and whatnot. Wish I could help with spriting or whatnot, but alas that's not something I'm very good at myself. I'm only good at giving ideas and that's it for MUGEN...^^;
#8  July 24, 2015, 12:13:27 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So 50 is max then eh? That would leave 4 overall not there (unless you're counting the sub-bosses and Shinryu into that mix), though I'm assuming you're not? That'd leave 2 for each side left over, if that's the case~

I only know of a couple FFXIV characters, being Minfilia and Y'shtola, and even then I barely know them at all lol. Prishe I recommended over Tifa since I know her a lot more (well, I know her the best out of the MMO characters) and her moveset would be...interesting to deal with, seeing how she plays in Dissidia 012 and whatnot. Chain various attacks for various effects and whatnot. But again, up to you on that bit! I'm also not a big fan of MMOs myself so yeah....Poor Terra, being left out though~

Heh, well at least seeing what you come up with for Demitri's stuff should be interesting then~ At least you don't have to worry about shocks since there doesn't seem to be anyone in the current roster that can induce that (as far as I can see anyways)~ : V

No problem. The idea seemed interesting enough to me, so thought I'd chime in and whatnot. Wish I could help with spriting or whatnot, but alas that's not something I'm very good at myself. I'm only good at giving ideas and that's it for MUGEN...^^;

That's cool bro, I love the ideas, at leas I know that CvSE sounds like a good MUGEN idea. :)

50 is the max I have in mind, but even still I want the roster to stay within the 40s boundary, like CvS2 for instance. Though a DLC idea might happen. Who knows, maybe Terra or Prishe might make it!! There's always hope I guess. :)

#9  July 24, 2015, 12:22:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
If you want to know how the speed in MvC3 is like, Here's a sample from a recent match. Also, MvC 3 is a 4 button set-up actually (light, medium, heavy, launcher), with some additional buttons for assists and quick assist team supers.

Also, not to criticize but I think the CvS2 sprite style is kind of overused. It's your personal pref, but I suggest maybe using another sprite style would do (like.. Yatagarasu for example).
#10  July 24, 2015, 12:29:09 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If you want to know how the speed in MvC3 is like, Here's a sample from a recent match. Also, MvC 3 is a 4 button set-up actually (light, medium, heavy, launcher), with some additional buttons for assists and quick assist team supers.

Holy crapping shit, that gameplay was lightning fast. I'll have to find a way to study it, since I gots no console, and I don't plan on buying anything unless if its the PS4.

Also, not to criticize but I think the CvS2 sprite style is kind of overused. It's your personal pref, but I suggest maybe using another sprite style would do (like.. Yatagarasu for example).

Don't say that, I posted this here because I wanted to discuss how I should go about this. This is perfectly fine, and you're free to suggest/criticize as much as you'd like.

As for graphical style, CvS is overused but I only thought about it since, if I recall correctly, some of the Capcom side was already in CvS style, like Ryu, Morrigan, and soon Demitri, and in addition to that some of the characters from the same side'll probably be converted to CvS, the most glaring example being Captain Commando. But I'll give that a thought, Yatagarasu is actually a bit easier than CvS, and I could make the style work into something favorable. Thanks! :)
#11  July 24, 2015, 01:16:23 am
    • USA
I am curious, would you be willing to take ideas for movesets for characters? Or do you have that planned for them already?
#12  July 24, 2015, 01:24:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I am curious, would you be willing to take ideas for movesets for characters? Or do you have that planned for them already?

Nope, I have not even planned movesets for the cast, and I am 100% ready to hear ideas for movesets. :) :)

lui

#13  July 24, 2015, 01:59:21 am
    • USA
hm, this sounds intresting!
i say go with ingrid, since she kinda would fit more with square enix tbh.
I'll try and see if I can come up with some concepts for some Square Enix characters you can use.
#14  July 24, 2015, 02:24:22 am
    • USA
Moveset list [MOV]:

CAPCOM

SQUAREENIX

CUSTOM STATES

Ordered as in the roster list
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:27:50 pm by Xenomic
#15  July 24, 2015, 03:53:08 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
hm, this sounds intresting!
i say go with ingrid, since she kinda would fit more with square enix tbh.
I'll try and see if I can come up with some concepts for some Square Enix characters you can use.

Yeah, I went ahead and changed the first post, with Ingrid instead of Ibuki.

Also, I'd be really thankful for that. I probably won't start working on sprites until my obligations for CvS3 and Marvel Super Heroes: Reborn are finished. :S

Also, dang Xenomic, those are really good, definitely will be going with those. As for Sora, I'll probably incorporate Donald Duck and Goofy into his moveset via a special move with random variations, and I'll try and do something concerning Jessica. I still have to study some of the systems of the Final Fantasy games, since I don't exactly know everything mentioned such as the Paradigm Shift. Thanks man, I really appreciate it! :) :)

As for screenpack, I think I'll go the low-res route since, it's easier for me to work with, and it'll be accessible to everyone (IIRC, I couldn't play with EnlightendShadow's CvS3 SP until I got a more high tech laptop).

#16  July 24, 2015, 04:04:49 am
    • USA
That might take a while then lol. Though seeing a single stand sprite for the characters probably would be cool if anything~ Especially to see what kind of sprite style you'd settle for!

I've had a bit of practice with these things heh. Many years ago I had my own Soul Calibur document for movesets for every Soul Calibur character if MUGENized. I've since lost that document I think...it was interesting though.

That's not a bad idea, though they can probably be worked into his Supers for things like Fantasia and Goof Whirl (I feel like his Level 3 Super is going to be Trinity Limit). He has plenty of other abilities he can use for other things such as Arc Arcanum, Strike Raid, Explosion, etc. I'll probably do something bout him later heh. I'll leave Jessica to you since I'm assuming you know about Dragon Quest more than I (I know nothing about the series other than some characters heh).

Paradigm Shift is just basically changing out skillsets and stats. It's basically a Class Change from other Final Fantasy games. But wouldn't hurt to check them out! But yeah, take a look at them Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy videos if you need to see how some of the moves look there.

Also, I totally didn't sneak in lightning-based moves, no siree! : V

(Note: If you're worried about shocks interrupting the flow of battle, can always do what MvC2 did and just make them blue and whatnot. Or, if you really want to try the shocks and keep the flow of battle going, then take a look at Loganir's Electro as he did it perfectly with him~).
#17  July 24, 2015, 04:09:08 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Ah yes, I remembered those abilities for Sora. I'll look into those soon. Thanks for explaining the Paradigm Shift, I have a lot of videos to watch soon.

I'm totally not worried about the shocks interrupting the battle flow, it wouldn't be Square Enix without Fire, Blizarra and Thundaga! :P

I need to get my ideas straight. Tomorrow, I'll post a concept of the screenpack, and a concept for Tifa and Lou & Siva. Thanks you very much everybody! :) :)
#18  July 24, 2015, 04:13:13 am
    • USA
I finished my LPs for KH and KHII: Final Mix, so I'd best know what all he has lol. Could even do a remix version and have some of his moves be based on his moves from his other forms in KHII (Valor, Wisdom, Limit, Master, Final) or whatnot~

True. I tried to have Cure in there too as it also feels like something that should be there. Gravity was going to be put in too for Gilgamesh, but that's something I'd reserve for Terra as she uses that in Dissidia and not Gilgamesh. Though Lightning WAS going to get Aerora and Watera...not enough room for it though!

Speaking of magic, that feels like something Purim can focus mostly on, while still being decent at melee. Hmm...
#19  July 24, 2015, 04:57:11 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
A thought just kind of occured to me: how are you gonna handle the, music for the game? Is it just going to be one song for each stage, or will it be dynamic like how SF's music are? (Music for each round, music for danger, etc

Along with the music, what about win quotes too? I could think that it'll be like 1.0's default winquote screen, but I have something like.. Melty Blood Actress Again, Guilty Gear Xrd, or even UMvC3 when it comes to winquotes
#20  July 24, 2015, 05:03:36 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
A thought just kind of occured to me: how are you gonna handle the, music for the game? Is it just going to be one song for each stage, or will it be dynamic like how SF's music are? (Music for each round, music for danger, etc

Along with the music, what about win quotes too? I could think that it'll be like 1.0's default winquote screen, but I have something like.. Melty Blood Actress Again, Guilty Gear Xrd, or even UMvC3 when it comes to winquotes

I think for music, I'll be going the one song for each stage route, but it's possible that I might go the other direction instead. Thanks for bringing that up.

For winquotes, I had a GGXrd/UMvC3 winquote screen in mind. I still need to look at how the winquote screens for those games are (I don't watch EVO or fighting game playthroughs much) to get the best idea possible.

And just as a bonus: