YesNoOk

Current work in progress (Read 199048 times)

Started by CCIronmugen, October 10, 2011, 08:41:52 am
Share this topic:
Re: Current work in progress
#81  March 17, 2012, 05:23:56 pm
kkhohoho : Well I don't like at all the Kof96 projectile system. Plus it just looks like a Ko Oh Ken without power (AOF). I think ex-Yuri having Kof96 jumping forward Rai Oh Ken and other alternate moves is okay. Ko Oh Ken is Ko Oh Ken. :)

Well, that's fine. But if I may ask, why don't you like the Kof96 projectile system? It seems fine to me; in fact, I think of how certain characters such as Ryo, or Yuri for that matter, play in there as the definite versions now, compared to their original AoF versions. It's more unique at least, that much is for sure.
#82  March 17, 2012, 11:40:49 pm
  • Jurassic creator
  • You ain't nothing but a hound dog
    • iron-mugen.one
Well it's just a matter of taste. It's not gameplay related. To me it's like they got their power reduced to a Dan-like fighter so to me it doesn't really fit those characters. Same goes for Takuma 2002 : gameplay wise I like his new moves, but to me it's NOT Takuma. =)
#83  May 26, 2012, 05:58:19 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
So any thing new
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#84  May 27, 2012, 03:22:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Other than you necro-bumping this topic, nothing.
#85  May 30, 2012, 06:47:07 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Nothing new right now, just not enough time right now in fact. XD

But I'll probably make you wait by releasing another beta or just a 3-4 characters pack to add in the last beta. mid-June probably.

Posted: January 29, 2013, 07:42:24 pm
Bumping my own topic. Working on Yuri. Intro, win pose (1 for now) and taunt edits done. I totally forgot what I planed for this characters... Thanks myself I have written everything in this topic. :D

Editing the Chou Upper right now.

Posted: January 13, 2014, 09:29:44 pm
Working on an update of ALL characters. I'm starting with Terry Bogard :

* More damages (+50 in attack in the CNS of each characters - fights were too long)
* Putting the voices in the same channel (when characters get hit by Billy's whirlwind pole (tap A) while in air... it was horrible)
* Adding the X button to all characters for charging power, dodge attack (was initially fwd + A after a guard, like Fatal Fury) and faints
* Power Geizer (DM) is now block-able and has a spark (no pause) like in KOF96. There actually is a super-pause when cancelled into for more combo possibilities.
* Faints have the same spark/pause system as the DM. It doesn't use power meter when done free but they cost 20% of power when cancelled into and can be done only when you have at least 70% of power (to avoid infinite combos) = you can use maximum 2 faints in a combo (or 1 faint and 1 DM)
* Triple Geizer (SDM) 's third hit is guard crush (and knocks-down but doesn't do much damages)

TO DO list :

* Add a Superpause to the SDM
* Add a Supercancel system (special -> DM/SDM only) more like Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Dominated Mind system
* Remove the cost by half of each special attacks to avoid POWER CHARGING FLOOD battles (DBZ!!)
* Change some too old/difficult DM/SDM commands (Tung, King...)
* Change the overhead moves command to fwd+A instead of back+A and giving them some special-moves-like priorities (like air juggle after some launcher)
* Change anti-air uppercut command to df+A instead of db+A and make them 1-hit instead of 2-hits
* Make the basic combo ABC a juggle start

Note that the fixes done on Terry will also be done for the other characters. Same goes for the DO TO list. Some characters also have specific DO TO stuff (Yamazaki 's Snake Arm to be changed... etc...)

ALSO. I will be changing the select big portraits, because some don't fit (if you compare any 1993 Shinkiro drawing with Xiangfei's which is also Shinkiro, but done in 1999... Or my photoshop attempt at Wild Wolf). I will draw them myself, using a real perso as base for the face (adding long hair + moustache to Arnold Schwarzenegger to draw Krauser).
#86  April 28, 2014, 09:13:23 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one

Just a little try on a portrait... Taking official art, convert into black&white, reshade them in "portrait style"...
#87  April 28, 2014, 03:57:23 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Will it fit in the victory screen?
#88  April 28, 2014, 04:27:44 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Yeah I crop them directly in the system.def
#89  April 28, 2014, 05:05:34 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
It looks really nice! They look very vibrant and crisp. Great work.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#90  April 28, 2014, 06:24:51 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

they are looking very great nice job
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#91  August 04, 2015, 10:18:09 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Well, the latest portrait of Robert was a try, but in fact it's longer to work this way... So I have decided to draw portraits myself instead of using Shinkiro artworks (not to mention Terry MOTW never had any Shinkiro artwork, same goes for Ryo as Mr.Karate as far as I know).

Here is a try on Joe :

#92  August 05, 2015, 02:09:31 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Well its going well then
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#93  August 05, 2015, 02:54:07 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
He looks way too young there, you could move his chin a bit to the right too.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#94  August 15, 2015, 09:08:29 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Not sure about Joe looking too young. Joe isn't supposed to be that old in Fatal Fury 3.
I have corrected his chin though, I'll show the final version with colors later. =)

Here is a try on Billy, Wild Kane, and Miss K.

EDIT :

Well, I though why not having the drawings in higher resolution for less quality loss. Here goes Joe :

Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:08:46 pm by CCIronmugen
#95  August 16, 2015, 06:27:53 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm going to be honest, the lined shading just doesn't fits well in here, and stands out like an eyesore. You might as well just ditch it.

Shit
Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:31:41 am by MotorRoach
#96  August 16, 2015, 07:07:13 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
if you are not in a hurry and you want help... I can make an "update" from the portraits you already have made... I did this just now, it took me about like 10-20 minutes at most... I used your artwork and made my version... I have been inspired by KOF and many SF and SNK so I think my style kinda fits in because it's mostly KOFish

I'm not the perfect spriter, I'm not a coder... but something I think I'm good at is drawing...

So, if you want help, I can make the lineart at the same resolution you did and you just paint them

my galery if you want to see a bit more http://nio107.deviantart.com/
            Zorf Giudecca
#97  August 16, 2015, 10:09:11 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one

@MotorRoach

Yeah, I mostly used that as a reference. Now a friend of mine (BaoJJ) is doing some vector stuff on my work, I'll ask him to remove them then. =) Thanks.

@NiO KuSaNaGi

It's very kind from you but I like my drawings. =)
But if you really want to help, I can ask you to create some win portraits if you don't mind. :) You can use some original artworks from SNK games and do them in your style.
#98  August 16, 2015, 12:27:17 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
if you already have the base line art or the image you need to convert send them via PM to do it
            Zorf Giudecca
#99  August 16, 2015, 10:17:16 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Not going to lie, though. NiO's edit to Joe makes it look a lot better.

Shit
#100  August 23, 2015, 01:13:27 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
NiO : Okay, I'll send you these ASAP. =)

MotorRoach : Tastes. I like pretty much the Hajime no Ippo style I used to draw these. ^^

Anyway, all portraits are done. But they ALL need to be Vectorised by BaoJJ. For the next beta I will use the "non-vector" versions. I have to finish Wild Wolf to modify some stuff on his Power Dunk and his Power Charge and I'm done. Probably next week-end (due to over-work in my life job).