YesNoOk

What are some comicbook storylines you would wanna see in TV or Movie form? (Read 6745 times)

Started by lui, September 03, 2015, 12:30:34 pm
Share this topic:

lui

What are some comicbook storylines you would wanna see in TV or Movie form?
#1  September 03, 2015, 12:30:34 pm
    • USA
Due to the MCU and X-men movies moving along and adapting some of my favorite storylines from the comics, I felt like I would share what else I would wanna see in Movie or TV form adapted. What do you wanna see? Marvel, DC, whatever is fine, as long as it's a comicbook it can be shared here.

Personally I would love to see the "Back in Black" storyline from the end of the Civil War storyline, seeing a darker Peter was thrilling for me, but I know this won't happen at all due to "dark and edgy" movies populating the superhero genre nowadays, but still, I would love to see how they would handle it in the future
Re: What are some comicbook storylines you would wanna see in TV or Movie form?
#2  September 03, 2015, 12:57:11 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Due to the MCU and X-men movies moving along and adapting some of my favorite storylines from the comics, I felt like I would share what else I would wanna see in Movie or TV form adapted. What do you wanna see? Marvel, DC, whatever is fine, as long as it's a comicbook it can be shared here.

World War Hulk and Secret Invasion. I'd love to see an Illuminati super skrull.

Personally I would love to see the "Back in Black" storyline from the end of the Civil War storyline, seeing a darker Peter was thrilling for me, but I know this won't happen at all due to "dark and edgy" movies populating the superhero genre nowadays, but still, I would love to see how they would handle it in the future

I had a problem with Spidey wearing the black suit again cause Mary Jane was traumatized seeing Eddie Brock in their apartment for the first time and Peter vowed never to wear it again. The scene was kinda creepy though. It's like that controversial Joker/Batgirl cover.

Though I won't have a problem seeing this in film since that scene won't likely happen.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3  September 03, 2015, 01:06:10 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

This.  By a nautical mile.
#4  September 03, 2015, 02:13:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Mine!

Bea

#5  September 03, 2015, 02:45:38 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
All Star Superman, script by Grant Morrison and with Idris Elba as the Man of Tomorrow.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#6  September 03, 2015, 03:12:09 pm
    • Philippines
Kang being the villain of Avengers 4 just so they can have a Back to the Future style scene of Kang going back in time into Avengers 1 trying to kill the past Avengers while the present ones stop him

I'll also accept Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom Triumph and Torment
#7  September 03, 2015, 03:20:50 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alright, so basically Person Man mentioned Nextwave (high fives Person Man).

So I'll go ahead and mention this underrated gem:

Spoiler: The Darkness (click to see content)

If they were to make it into a TV series, I would love for it to take from the video games and comics, like for instance: Follow the story plot of The Darkness 1 and 2 games as respective seasons 1 and 2, and maybe for 3 it can document his takeover of Cuba from the comics. The reason why I am mentioning the video games as plots for first and second seasons is because they follow the comics nearly, but made it more badass, like the Brotherhood, Jackie's mental fight against the Darkness through the illusions of a psycho ward, and Darkness Mercenaries (people who wield weapons imbued with the power of The Darkness). (Those instances were all The Darkness 2 by the way).

Also Jackie Estacado is a really underrated hero that deserves the spotlight for once.
This is a generic forum signature.
#8  September 03, 2015, 03:31:59 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Kingdom Come
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#9  September 03, 2015, 03:46:45 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Injustice. Make every year a season
#10  September 03, 2015, 11:03:18 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Kraven's. Last. Hunt. They'll probably do something to the ending unfortunately, but at this point I don't care.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11  September 03, 2015, 11:39:57 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I'd like see a somewhat accurate TV series for batman based on 1985-2011 well, a little bit into the new 52, but just court of owls) I actually had this planned out because that's the weird kinda crap I do when I'm bored.

I would also like to see Grant Morrison's Animal man as a show, that would be great.

both are impossible and will never happen.
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:09:08 am by -Whiplash-
#12  September 04, 2015, 01:15:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm not sure I really want a straight adaptation of any of these, since it's pretty rare that those bring anything interesting to the table that wasn't already there (kinda by definition!). I personally just don't see the point in doing one, a straight, 100% faithful adaptation isn't doing anything new besides changing up the medium, and that just doesn't seem worth it. If it deviates from the source it's often for the worse; it's very rare to have an adaptation that improves on a work. Like, to pick a random example: All Star Superman is easily one of the greatest Superman stories ever, period. But the All Star Superman animated movie is just pretty good, and nothing better. It has to drop several plots in adapting a 12 issue comic series to an animated movie, but even if the movie had been stretched out to include literally everything, I don't think I would ever pick it up to watch when I can just read the series again.

So my list is instead stuff that I'd like to form the basis of a new story, much like Captain America: The Winter Soldier took the Winter Soldier story arc from the comics and took a few details (Bucky survived and is a brainwashed assassin! Cap and Bucky's final fight ends when Cap lets Bucky beat him up in the hope that Bucky remembers who he is!) and used it as a jumping off point to make a brand new story that feels fresh while also keeping some plot details.

If This Be My Destiny...!/The Final Chapter arc from Spider-Man, by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee, aka the best Spider-Man story ever, probably. Definitely, definitely gotta keep that central set piece of Spider-Man trapped under a huge pile of machinery in Dr. Octopus's underwater laboratory that is rapidly flooding, the serum that will save his Aunt May's life just out of reach, trying desperately (and failing) to lift the heavy rubble off himself.

Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut! Roger Stern and John Romita Jr.'s classic Spider-Man story is another contender for best Spider-Man story ever. Rights issues make this incredibly, hugely unlikely, but the basic concept of putting Spider-Man up against a foe that is so, so far out of his league (but Spider-Man keeps on fighting, never giving up) seems workable no matter what.

Born Again, by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli. Can't go wrong with literally the greatest Daredevil story ever. I have some ideas about adapting it to the Netflix show (like adding in parts of the Typhoid Mary arc to further break down Matt Murdock's life, subbing in an adjusted version of Glorianna O'Breen as a photojournalist for the role Ben Urich played in the story) but the basic plot seems like it would work very easily transposed to TV.

Out, by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev. Daredevil's secret identity being outed by a tabloid is a fantastic plot, and is something I'd love to see explored by the Netflix show after a few seasons.

I want to see a version of Chris Claremont and John Byrne's iconic Dark Phoenix Saga that's actually about Jean Grey and not about how Wolverine is very sad that the woman he pined for briefly has been replaced by cardboard cutout that just stands around looking angry and being ordered around by Magneto.

I don't have any DC stuff because their movies are in a shamble. Well, maybe I have one for Batman, no specific storyline for this (I guess maybe Dark Victory? but that's kind of terrible, Jeph Loeb's Batman work has not aged well at all. Tim Sale's art is still top notch, though!) but I wanna see a Batman movie that focuses on Batman and Robin, like an origin story for Robin or something. Robin has too often been pushed aside in Batman adaptations, and I think it's time to fight back; Batman was only around as a solo hero for literally a year before Robin showed up, after all!
#13  September 04, 2015, 02:21:26 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I wanna see a CG Sam and Max movie. I know they already had a blip of a TV show but I always found that Sam and Max work best in small, self-contained stories. The best part is that you never have to worry about continuity with them because even when something huge happens (ie: Max gets killed or something), there's usually a convenient way for them to get around it (ie: a Max from a parallel universe walks through the door and is like "oh yeah in my universe Sam died and now I need a new partner.").

As far as a specific storyline from the comic? Well the easiest would be when they went to the moon, but the funniest to see adapted would be when they went to the Phillipines (which they mention was drawn up with no reference material at all)
#14  September 04, 2015, 02:29:26 am
punisher kills the marvel universe
#15  September 04, 2015, 02:44:51 am
  • I got a PM.
For Marvel I want this:

For DC, I want this starring Adam West:

For Dark Horse: I want this:
#16  September 04, 2015, 02:58:17 am
now im not sure if you really want a fight club 2 adaptation.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#17  September 04, 2015, 03:25:43 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Asteroid M, Superior Spiderman or Fear Itself for Marvel

Blackest Night for DC
#18  September 04, 2015, 04:48:54 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I want to see a version of Chris Claremont and John Byrne's iconic Dark Phoenix Saga that's actually about Jean Grey and not about how Wolverine is very sad that the woman he pined for briefly has been replaced by cardboard cutout that just stands around looking angry and being ordered around by Magneto.

Do you mean as a movie? Cause I'm sure you know this but the 90's X-men show pretty much devoted a whole season to this, obviously trimmed and toned down for children, but the plot is mostly the same.
#19  September 04, 2015, 05:29:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They sometimes used the exact same dialogue too, but I dunno, it's weird: it feels both very faithful but also simultaneously like it's missing the point, somehow? I'm not sure how to describe it; they captured the surface but not the substance, I guess?
#20  September 04, 2015, 05:31:53 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I know what you mean.

I feel not being able to show death was something that changed it's tone drastically.