KoF XIV (Read 2048056 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, September 15, 2015, 09:35:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XIV
#21  September 15, 2015, 11:43:22 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Oh man those models.
Well, in that case, better hope that their graphic artist can work really fast.
#22  September 15, 2015, 12:00:53 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I guess is better than nothing.... I already wasn't expecting anything KOF related soon, so... even if it looks ugly, if gameplay is better I would buy it, my dream would be that SNK give the job for modeling to Arc Sys or Tecmo, they really need to give a new look to their characters... and seems that they know it, but... man, they look like dreamcast styled graphics unless it's not only PS4 -XBONE exclusive it would be a bit more understandable
            Zorf Giudecca
#23  September 15, 2015, 12:03:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
If it's really gonna be out next year... Oh boy, this is gonna be a rushjob.
#24  September 15, 2015, 12:13:03 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
These graphics aren't final, the game it's probably in the earliest development stages.

I don't care about the replacement of the sprites for the 3D models (it's certainly more efficient), but I hope they keep the same type of plane that KoF13 uses. I love KoF13's gameplay, I think it's really interesting and competitive. They may do the same thing that Xuan Dou Zhi Wang does with the 3D models, it would be really cool. And possible if we think that SNK was bought by Chinese investors.
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:29:43 pm by Chazzanova
#25  September 15, 2015, 12:47:39 pm
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
I'm a bit disappointed that they went for 3D this time. I still think it's too early to ditch the kof XIII graphics. :(
My image parsing is stupid.
#26  September 15, 2015, 12:48:14 pm
Oh nah, this is how the final product will look (fine it'll look slightly better and that's it). This is SNK Playmore we're talking about. I'll go as far as to say that it looks better than I thought it would.

Well, at least it's finally out now, but PS4 with no mention of an arcade release? I know it's early and all, but I'm curious if they have something planned that breaks from the traditional model.
#27  September 15, 2015, 12:53:56 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
#28  September 15, 2015, 12:54:05 pm
Good to see the KOF series again. Only those models are looking PS2-ish, so hope they updated on that.
Also, do you think they adding new characters this time?
#29  September 15, 2015, 12:57:04 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
please ..... Doctor use the tardis and save the king of fighters
#30  September 15, 2015, 01:05:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
These graphics aren't final, the game it's probably in the earliest development stages.

The releasedate of it was mentioned already (21th january 2016)

If the game is coming out in 4 months, the graphics sure are not in their earliest development stage.

My bet is that they are only a really small team now at SNK, they had a very small budget for KOF XIV and this game is the best they could do with those ressources. SNK is only a small shadow of its former self now, we can be lucky if this won't be a disaster like Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, or even worse, Samurai Shodown 3D on Playstation 1.

I just hope they were able to put together good gameplay and the game will be released outside japan at least.
#31  September 15, 2015, 01:09:36 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I'm just happy it exists.   
#32  September 15, 2015, 01:27:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
or even worse, Samurai Shodown 3D on Playstation 1.

Except SamSho Warrior's Rage was actually decent and introduced some amazing characters like Yaci, Juushiro, Tohma, Haito, Yuda, Mikoto.
So no. Same for Wild Ambition, SNK's 3D has always been mediocre but those games had soul and did a lot with the limitations it had, you can't even complain about Buriki One (even though it never got ported) since it was very experimental and creative with the layout and the character designs are amazing.
Now if you want to complain about an absolutely shitty SNK game in 3D, well, there's always Metal Slug 3D.
#33  September 15, 2015, 01:41:22 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#34  September 15, 2015, 01:46:44 pm
while they do look like they're out of a DOA game, the 3D models are a good design choice. they're not overly expensive which in turn allows them to put more characters in the game.
you people nagging about 2D should go back and play XIII.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#35  September 15, 2015, 01:51:44 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
"Take all the Maximum Impact 3 assets you have and turn them into KoF14 in half a year or you're fired."
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#36  September 15, 2015, 02:04:42 pm

At least the backdrop looks nice I suppose.
#37  September 15, 2015, 02:24:20 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I'm wondering if this will be a reboot, given their younger looking appearance, and how lackluster the last Ash arc ended.
#38  September 15, 2015, 02:25:30 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#39  September 15, 2015, 02:27:00 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
Looks like a models & graphics that are similar to that of Xuan Dou Zhi Wang ones to me, except this is actual 3D playstyle since KOFMI series & FFWA (Fatal Fury Wild Ambition)

well it's good to be back
#40  September 15, 2015, 02:28:51 pm
    • Philippines
So much for those KOF12/13 sprites that they would've been able to reuse for years