YesNoOk

Is Cartoon Network better off now than it was during the mid-2000's? (Read 17668 times)

Started by D. HoChoy, September 15, 2015, 05:19:03 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Is Cartoon Network better than it was then?

Yes
8 (19%)
No
20 (47.6%)
Maybe
9 (21.4%)
I like pie
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Re: Is Cartoon Network better off now than it was during the mid-2000's?
#21  September 16, 2015, 10:56:50 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
I'm not saying that your saying that people who hate teen titans go! should shut up, I agreeing with you.
If people don't like the show, that's fine.
Just don't be an asshole to people that do. (I'm not talking about you walruslui.)

lui

#22  September 16, 2015, 10:59:43 am
    • USA
ah okay, i misread a bit, whoopsee heh.
#23  September 16, 2015, 10:59:58 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
im not saying that people who hate teen titans go! should shut up, im saying that the REASON certain people use to argue whether its bad or not sucks ass.

"oh my god its not as good as the original!" ugh, come up with actual criticism about its content and better reasoning on why you think its terrible, not just sound like a bandwagoner and go "oh no its terrible because they ruined the teen titans show!"

now what i think makes CN shitty now is the damn Networking Management cancelling great shows like Young Justice(!!!!) and Beware the Batman since they thought the ratings weren't as high as they wanted them to be, the system for why shows get greenlit and air are so different nowadays but THATS another discussion entirely
you forgot thundercats remake.

lui

#24  September 16, 2015, 11:01:08 am
    • USA
oh my god how can i forget about that, my father and i watched it together and we loved it, you KNOW something is doing something right when TWO generations watch a REMAKE an enjoy it.
#25  September 16, 2015, 11:04:15 am
    • USA
you also forgot sym bionic titan. I miss that show. :(
It had a lot of possibilitys.

Also I still love some of the older shows, as well as newer shows.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:13:06 am by Thojoewhit

lui

#26  September 16, 2015, 11:12:06 am
    • USA
alot of cancelled CN shows do, but again, CN is a network designed for early-to-mid teen boys and rely on merchandising and ratings to renew a show for a second season. A show can be fantastic, but if the target demographic doesn't watch it as much as CN hopes and don't buy anything related to the series in merchandising form, then there is a good chance it will be cancelled. thats how CN is these days and it sucks :(
#27  September 16, 2015, 11:20:26 am
    • USA
Yeah that's true sadly.
Hopefully CN starts doing multi-target demographic shows more.

But I can say one thing that CN did right. They cancelled Johnny Test.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:26:38 am by Thojoewhit
#28  September 16, 2015, 11:34:39 am
  • Vwee?
    • USA
I never said I hated TTG.. or UG..  Just not my favorites..  I do actually enjoy watching them on occasion..  It's just wacky crazy type shows tend to lose their charm after the 3rd or 4th repeat..  and they do so love to rerun their shows.  :/   Seriously..  my only problem with them is that they don't have the line up they used to.. and I'm not talking "great shows of nostalgia."  I mean they used to have 2-4 times the number of shows in their line up.  I loved that.
Delving within the depths of a castle full of evil.. or at least lost or even trapped within one.. That's where you'll find me.
#29  September 16, 2015, 11:40:23 am
    • USA
I never said I hated TTG.. or UG..  Just not my favorites..  I do actually enjoy watching them on occasion..  It's just wacky crazy type shows tend to lose their charm after the 3rd or 4th repeat..  and they do so love to rerun their shows.  :/   Seriously..  my only problem with them is that they don't have the line up they used to.. and I'm not talking "great shows of nostalgia."  I mean they used to have 2-4 times the number of shows in their line up.  I loved that.

I'm pretty much on the same boat about them (TTG,UG).

Also they do need more shows (Old or New, either work really). Reruns of TTG! I pretty much avoid, unless it's one of the good episodes.

lui

#30  September 16, 2015, 11:48:05 am
    • USA
if they do new shows they have to take the risk of whether or not the population will like it and consider the budget, demographic, etc. its not as easy as "oh i have a good idea, lets make a show," it takes months (sometimes year(s)) just to get a show to be greenlit.

#31  September 16, 2015, 11:53:43 am
  • Vwee?
    • USA
I understand it takes a long time..  between that and how quickly a network might deem something fit to cancel there simply isn't as many shows airing on any channel.  It's one of the things that keeps me from watching TV like I used to..  I have the attention span of a child and if you use reruns I lose interest...    :/     Not really the networks fault there I guess, but it's not like I can fix it either.
Delving within the depths of a castle full of evil.. or at least lost or even trapped within one.. That's where you'll find me.
#32  September 16, 2015, 12:40:49 pm
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#33  September 16, 2015, 12:44:49 pm
    • USA
The early-mid 2000's were the best for Cartoon Network; After school, I'd always get to watch 2 episodes of 'Pokemon Johto' from there, I think it was Dextor's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Scooby Doo. The night times were even better cause my mom and I use to sit down and watch 'Johnny Quest' together, that was our show back in the day.

Then we were introduced to "Ed. Edd, 'n Eddy" and this might just be me, but that had to have been one of the BEST shows on Cartoon Network. When they stopped airing it back in, I think 2008, that was when I personally thought Cartoon Network went to shit. I mean, 'Ben 10: Alien Force' was pretty decent, my uncle and I use to watch it at my paps place.

If they brought back some of their golden shows during the weekends, I bet their profits would sky rocket, IMO.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/

lui

#34  September 16, 2015, 12:48:30 pm
    • USA
but the thing is, they CANT profit. the ratings have been already made and they no longer sell any merchandising in retail stores for those older shows.

re-runs are usually there to keep the fanbase intrested and continue watching the channel when the new stuff isn't on.

personally i don't really like using nostalgia as a reason to say that certain shows are better than the others, in the future, when the kids today are older theyre gonna look back and theyre gonna think the shows showing currently are the best ones out there in the future and so on.

its why using nostalgia as deciding factor just doesn't work for me.
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:51:32 pm by walruslui
#35  September 16, 2015, 02:37:05 pm
  • You PC bro?
Oh shit, how could i forget about courage the cowardly dog! That show wouldn't really fly today though as it is kinda strong in horror elements lmao, freaky ass show.
I just wish CN could try and cater to both the old and new CN lovers, mix it up with some new and a couple of the old shows. but I guess it don't work like that.

lui

#36  September 16, 2015, 02:42:04 pm
    • USA
they already do that, thats what the re-runs are for.
#37  September 16, 2015, 04:42:18 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Well... I like Teen Titans Go! I like We Bare Bears. I like Regular Show (but don't watch it that often). I like Sonic Boom.

That should put in the category of I like it now.. but god I miss the old stuff... *sigh* I remember when Boomerang had the old Hanna-Barbera action cartoons.
#38  September 16, 2015, 10:58:53 pm
    • bishoman123@gmail.com
teen titans go - ass
clarence - ass
regular show - rarely airs, alright show
adventure time - doesn't fucking air at all anymore which is a good thing( seriously the first seasons were ok, but it became fuckin romance time )
steven universe - its ok sometimes
gumball - gets kinda boring and more original each season
uncle grandpa - not sure what to say
sonic boom - the show i hate the most
pokemon - not into pokemon
edited your list to my liking

i miss cartoon network from the 2008 era. powerhouse era was also pretty fun too with  ed edd n eddy, my gym partner was a monkey, etc. what i really miss is flapjack and billy and mandy
#39  September 16, 2015, 11:15:36 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
That list actually makes a lot of sense.
#40  September 16, 2015, 11:26:28 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I think they are both comparable but i feel like it had more depth back in the early 00's. Toonami is no contest, it was way better originally but thats for obvious reasons. Now Adult Swim i'd have to say personally i prefer when Sealab 20/20, ATHF, Harvey Birdman, The Venture Bros, Big O, Cowboy Beebop era was the best.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.